• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Nice work on the elves! Skin could use a little wash, but overall it's very good! Gold/copper details stand out nicely, various shades of green work together brilliantly, tattoos are well made and the choice of color on the hair (where it's visible ;) ) is spot-on! I especially like the twin hair colors on the dancer - I'd totally do that if I had wood elves xD

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Right, well, life and my condition has left me little time recently to sit and paint,

Next purchase is a light box, BOY do I need one!

I really wanted it to look like the corrosion was creeping all over it, until it is totally consumed.

And because I have a wonderful Girfriend ( who was shocked at the small miniature and the large price)

Look what she got me!

Reactions: der vued

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
@Lord Elpus: Is that a conversion or have I just completely missed that GW released a chaos "imperial" knight?

It looks good regardless. Very much like the texture to the green areas, and the banner is ace.

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
@Lord Elpus: Is that a conversion or have I just completely missed that GW released a chaos "imperial" knight?

It looks good regardless. Very much like the texture to the green areas, and the banner is ace.

Thanks Mad 'At!

You didn't miss anything, it's actually the Conversion set from FW, and here's a link to the rules: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Chaos_Knight.pdf

I don't know why anyone would take an allied renegade when they could take this instead! it's much better in my opinion...

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
That Knight looks awesome, really worn out, as it should be. I like that dirty end of the gun the most ;) Congratulations on both getting such a girlfriend and Kharn himself - even though I expected GW to milk their fans even more for such an iconic character ;)

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
@Lord Elpus: Ah, Forge World, that explains it. I'm not that into 40k but still keep an eye on what GW release, not so much on FW though. Really cool mini I must say though.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I read about that challenge on Da Warpath - doing things on a single day is quite interesting ;) This is an impressive piece, especially done so quickly ;) The face is a little messy and could use some fine-tuning after the challenge itself, but the overall mini is great - that pure white cloak is awesome together with all the blues. Gems are also great, especially the red one on the sword - how are you doing them?

Reactions: Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
I read about that challenge on Da Warpath - doing things on a single day is quite interesting ;) This is an impressive piece, especially done so quickly ;) The face is a little messy and could use some fine-tuning after the challenge itself, but the overall mini is great - that pure white cloak is awesome together with all the blues. Gems are also great, especially the red one on the sword - how are you doing them?

Thanks! Yeah I will work on the face, it was the last thing I did and was a bit tired after 8 hours solid.. I could tell you about how I did the gems, but it'll take ages so I'll post a tutorial instead I'll do it tomorrow. . I've always found gems and cloth easy (ish) to do good thing too doing a High Elf army!!

Aye it's a good challenge! First year I did a Dakka jet in a day! Next year it was 3 Stone Trolls! Och well back to my challenge for today!

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Painted this today!!

2nd Warpath Advent Challenge entry!

U
20161204_114012_zpsmlt9ti7x.jpg
[/URL]

Not entirely happy with it, but it'll do!

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Lord Elpus I agree with Borgnine - the flesh on your high elf needs some attention but the rest of the mini has been done nicely. Same for that jumping elf too (DE?).

As for your Titan, that's completely awesome. I love those colours - not sure if it was intended but it totally looks like a Death Guard Titan. Nice rust too!

Reactions: Lord Elpus

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Hey, advent has only so many days - did you leave any other days for other people? Or do I remember wrong and more people can take a single day?

Either way, good job ;) Keep it up!

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Hey, advent has only so many days - did you leave any other days for other people? Or do I remember wrong and more people can take a single day?

Either way, good job ;) Keep it up!

Ha!! No you can take others days if you want.. It's quite quiet over there these days so we've had to fill up the advent challenge the best we can.. the 19th &20 is free if you want to sign up!

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Just wanted to post this. I have been using these casesfrom SAFE CASE for quite some time now, they come in several different sizes, from slightly bigger than a Thundertusk, all the way up to wheeled with a pull handle..

Top and bottom have eggbox foam, and usually there's two layers of pluck foam too. They ARE incredibly sturdy, the only time I've had a model break in them was when I stupidly forced a lid closed.. Apart from that, The biggest one will quite happily fit an awkward Nagash or Archaon no problems.. the depth being 23cm..

I buy mine from Clas Ohlson here in Norway, I know they've got branches in other countries too, and I'm positive that you could find them from other sellers. Another plus is that they're priced quite nicely too!

edwardvlad

Zombie
Jan 23, 2017
Italy
Love that old school feel!
They should make designs like these, more subtle in appearance but still with today's capabilities at making good looking and detailed sculpts.

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Yeah, I love the REALLY old classic undead army. When I first joined G.W, you could go around the Factory with a box and get whatever you wanted, for MUCH cheapness, I decided on a huge undead army, sadly now all gone except for a few small pieces such as this Vamp.

Finished this on Monday, but well life got in the way before I could get round to posting it!

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Finished Epidemius last night!!
Seem to be on a bit of a Nurgle roll at the moment..

Once I've varnished it, I'll go over the green snot effects and vomit with some gloss varnish..lovely!
No painting today, off to the inlaws later for home made Pizza and a visit, but I'll try and build my Heralds of Nurgle this morning!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu