• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
It's just an armature, no flesh, clothes, armor or anything. Will "dress" it with some green stuff when i find the time (and courage!!) and will create muscles, belly and everything else needed. Also it's a bit bigger than the standard ogre bull models so need to think what i should sculpt with it. Probably, it's gonna be a butcher. Now i am working on my GB entry for the modelling comp and i must say i am really really excited. It might take a while before i post any new conversions for my ogres. I've almost painted some leadbelchers, so i'll update when i have them ready. Thanks for commenting Santa ;)

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Your ogre is slim compared to some of the GW models. Ogres have more flubber than muscles. But it's great overall.

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
I know, i know ;) As i've written before it's just an armature, not the complete body of the Ogre. I'll add everything needed later and will make it bulkier and probably bigger than it is now. I just wanted to make the basic shape of the body, that's why i used miliput which cures harder and it isn't as elastic as Green Stuff.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Why not turn your ogre bull into ogre superman! My friend did that with some flying dark elves he converted to proxy harpies. It looks funny seeing a superhero ogre, particularly one trying to fly.
Or you could make a businessman ogre in a suit with an eyeglass and a briefcase.
Possibly even a punk ogre, with lots of funny hair, a guitar and sunglasses.

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
The Dread King said:
Why not turn your ogre bull into ogre superman! My friend did that with some flying dark elves he converted to proxy harpies. It looks funny seeing a superhero ogre, particularly one trying to fly.
Or you could make a businessman ogre in a suit with an eyeglass and a briefcase.
Possibly even a punk ogre, with lots of funny hair, a guitar and sunglasses.
Hahaha. That sounds very funny. A fat superhero :lol:

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
I am 100% sure i've seen somewhere an Ogre Batman!!!!!! :lol: :lol: Will post photos when i find it! The funniest of all would be an Ogre Wonder Woman!!! Bwahahahaha Ogre Kingdoms League of Justice! Shit got serious now, i want to sculpt all of them!!!

(see what u're making me do Dread King and Santa?! I am spamming and trolling my own Painting log!!! :tongue: )

P.S Should i worry that i dreamt i was sculpting an Ogre Kingdoms Pikachu?!!! :slapface:

Monkey's_Uncle

Black Knight
desfer said:
I am 100% sure i've seen somewhere an Ogre Batman!!!!!! :lol: :lol: Will post photos when i find it! The funniest of all would be an Ogre Wonder Woman!!! Bwahahahaha Ogre Kingdoms League of Justice! Shit got serious now, i want to sculpt all of them!!!

(see what u're making me do Dread King and Santa?! I am spamming and trolling my own Painting log!!! :tongue: )

P.S Should i worry that i dreamt i was sculpting an Ogre Kingdoms Pikachu?!!! :slapface:

Yes, yes you should...
...I think it may be the padded cell for you my friend...

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
Monkey said:
desfer said:

Yes, yes you should...
...I think it may be the padded cell for you my friend...

:rolleyes: Only Santa understands me :'(

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Ogre in a easter bunny suit

Of course if I said ogre in a santa suit I would have to commission it for myself.

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
Tu quoque, Brute, fili mihi?
Hmm, Julius Caesar...Roman Legionnaires...How about an Ogre legionnaire, do you think it would fit? Don't some Empire soldiers look like legionnaires? I think i've seen somewhere some Dogs of War units that match that roman style. Also, it is a pretty easy conversion. Only thing that worries me a bit is the legs.

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
Hey guys! Haven't posted for a looooooooong time. I'm really busy these days so i don't have much time to paint or convert:( In my free time i am working on a Nippon Ogres army that i'm converting for a friend. So here are some photos from the Ironguts. Hope you like them.

ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0028.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0026.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0025.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0024.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0023.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0022.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0021.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0020.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0019.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0018_1.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0017.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0016_1.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0015_1.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0014_1.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0013_1.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0012_1.jpg
ai909.photobucket.com_albums_ac300_jimmynat0r_DSC_0011_1.jpg

woodyno8

Zombie
Oct 22, 2009
hey the army looks great man! how did you paint the skin if you dont mind me asking? im thinking of a skin like that for some of my nurgle guys :) cheers.

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
Thanks woodyno8 xD
My recipe for the skin is: 1) basecoat astronomican grey (that's what makes it a bit green), 2) shade with a grey wash (i need to try vallejo's grey wash), 3) paint with space wolves grey (cold blue grey) all areas that aren't shaded, 4) 3-4 highlights, adding drops of white in space wolves grey, 5) apply a glaze in order to unify the colors and make the skin look more smooth (codex grey:astronomican grey:space wolves grey:glaze medium:water)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu