Pictures of my first undead force!

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Yeah, I love the gray Ghouls too. I'm about to start painting mine, and you may have persuaded me to switch to gray from the classic rotting green I'd planned on.

How did you paint yours? Various shades of Chaos Black+Codex Gray?
 
Thank you all for your comments! Really nice to hear! :D

Shadowfax: Painted the ghouls like this:

-Black undercoat
-Shadow Grey
-Heavy Drybrush Codex Grey
-Light Drybrush Fortress Grey (at this point they really look like crap :tongue:)
-Wash Delvan Mud
-Wash Badab Black
-Done!

Bone Details:
-Black Undercoat
-Bestial Brown
-Drybrush Bubonic Brown
-Drybrush Bleached bone
-Very Light Drybrush of skull white
-Done!
 
great work here fallen angel
i dont like the examples of ghouls given by GW, they seemed to be focusing to much on the washes which conveniantly came out at the same time...

but these are great, they are the way that I would do my ghouls, solid colours and great highlights with plenty of contrast
keep going with this trend of great work
 
very very nice army you have got going there and the progress is very good :) i think on the grave guard you could put a small bit of skull white on the raised areas and it would look real good :)
also how did you do the black knight, kike how did you make them and was it cheaper than buying normal ones ?
 
Have tried some speed painting on my latest regiment of skellies. All of these were done in just two days, total painting time 15 hours. What do you think?


skellies.jpg

skellies2.jpg
 
They look great! Mind sharing some of that speedy technique? I know the batch painting stuff, it just doesn't seem to speed it up for me.. you sir, do excellent work!
 
Thanks guys! :D Will give some details on some of the speed technique later to night, I'm on my way to work as wee speek.

In the meantime, enjoy my COMPLETED ARMY!

Army List

Vampire Lord
-Forbidden Lore
-Master of the Black Arts
-Lord of the Dead
-The Cadaverous Curiass
-The Crown of the Damned
-The Cursed Book
-Nightmare

Vampire
-Red Fury
-Sword of Striking
-The Flayed Hauberk

Vampire
-Dark Acolyte
-Lord of the Dead
-Enchanted Shield
-Book of Arkhan

Necromacer
-3 Spells
-Power Stone


18 Skeletons with Standard and Champion
18 Skeletons with Standard and Champion
18 Skeletons with Standard

18 Grave Guards with Standard, Champion and the Banner of the Barrows
6 Black Knights with Champ, Standard, Barding and the Standard of Strigos
5 Black Knight all Vanilla

4 Wraiths



And some Pics, I know they're not the best but better will probobly come on my next gaming night. Zombies and Spirit hosts are present to be summoned!


army1g.jpg


army2.jpg


army3.jpg



Larger pic:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9162/dscn2981n.jpg

54090938.jpg


79886588.jpg


skell1.jpg


skellbk.jpg


zomb.jpg
 
Fallen Angel said:
Thanks!

Of Course I wont stop collecting the dead! This is just my 2250 pts list! I will make at least 40 more skellies, 18 more Grave Guards some vamps and maybe something more.. Have not begun to think on my 3k list yet ;)

Great to hear - on that case I look forward to seeing this fantastic army grow. xd
 
Very nice red scheme you got there.

I see you need to do a movement tray for Black Knights, Grave Guard and Zombies?

Can I (we) see a closeup of your characters?

I also see the Skeleton unit banners are only red. Are you still thinking of a symbol on there or did you not dare give it a try? :P I think a black blood drop would suit...
 
If it took you 15 hours to paint that unit to such a good standard, I'd love to see what the result would be if you had spent longer on them.

You've chosen a great colour scheme, which works well.

I want to see more :)
 
Thanks DoN and Sirihar!


Master Vampire said:
Very nice red scheme you got there.

I see you need to do a movement tray for Black Knights, Grave Guard and Zombies?

Can I (we) see a closeup of your characters?

I also see the Skeleton unit banners are only red. Are you still thinking of a symbol on there or did you not dare give it a try? :P I think a black blood drop would suit...

There actually is a closer character pic on page three in this thread, but I can post it again for you ;)

dscn1274y.jpg


Regarding the skeleton banners, I've not dared to give it a try, I really REALLY suck at freehand I'm afraid :tongue:
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu