Hello to all,
I have beaten most of the players in my gaming group at least once except for this one Skaven player who I just can't beat. He runs what he calls "a true Skaven horde" where he has 200+ models even in 1500 point lists (he's an employee at the gaming store where I [lay gets discounted pricing lol). He also has some sniper guys that consistently kill my corpse carts and mortis engine in one turn before I can heal them. To top things off he runs death-master snitsch with skaven assassin guys that can do a sort of 40k deep strike thing. I charge these guys with my vargheists and he kills half with overwatch and then proceeds to allocate all the wounds to death-master shnitsch who has a once use only 2+++ save for the turn magic item. Vargheists die from combat res. Oh and he runs an assassin just to kill my necromancers. My collection is as follows:
Vlad Von Carstien
Necromancer
Isabella Von Carstien
Cairn Wraith
Necromancer on Corpse cart(Balefire)
wight king BSB
40 Ghouls with ghast
100 zombies (need some for raising though)
50 skeletons with command
15 dire wolves
6 vargheists
5 black knights, lances, barding, full command
5 spirit hosts
mortis engine with blasphemous tome
terrorghiest
My basic strategy is to have a strong attacking centre of ghouls, mortis engine, corpse cart and skeletons with the vlad and isabbella in the skeleton unit with the BSB then have zombies and dire wolves cover flanks and the zombies can provide a bit of a casting bunker (usually take lore of death so he does not need to be central) Black knights and Vargheists are flank attackers while the terrorghiets supports my lines. The spirit hosts (taken in units of one) act as blocks. Am I doing anything wrong? I get wins just not against him. We are playing a game Saturday so any advice is appreciated.
I have beaten most of the players in my gaming group at least once except for this one Skaven player who I just can't beat. He runs what he calls "a true Skaven horde" where he has 200+ models even in 1500 point lists (he's an employee at the gaming store where I [lay gets discounted pricing lol). He also has some sniper guys that consistently kill my corpse carts and mortis engine in one turn before I can heal them. To top things off he runs death-master snitsch with skaven assassin guys that can do a sort of 40k deep strike thing. I charge these guys with my vargheists and he kills half with overwatch and then proceeds to allocate all the wounds to death-master shnitsch who has a once use only 2+++ save for the turn magic item. Vargheists die from combat res. Oh and he runs an assassin just to kill my necromancers. My collection is as follows:
Vlad Von Carstien
Necromancer
Isabella Von Carstien
Cairn Wraith
Necromancer on Corpse cart(Balefire)
wight king BSB
40 Ghouls with ghast
100 zombies (need some for raising though)
50 skeletons with command
15 dire wolves
6 vargheists
5 black knights, lances, barding, full command
5 spirit hosts
mortis engine with blasphemous tome
terrorghiest
My basic strategy is to have a strong attacking centre of ghouls, mortis engine, corpse cart and skeletons with the vlad and isabbella in the skeleton unit with the BSB then have zombies and dire wolves cover flanks and the zombies can provide a bit of a casting bunker (usually take lore of death so he does not need to be central) Black knights and Vargheists are flank attackers while the terrorghiets supports my lines. The spirit hosts (taken in units of one) act as blocks. Am I doing anything wrong? I get wins just not against him. We are playing a game Saturday so any advice is appreciated.