Real valid 8th ed. update

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Skittelz1981

Varghulf
Apr 28, 2013
707
AMS
Zombies
623
I have only read a few sections and it's worse than 8th.

The Tomb Banshee being removed as both a hero and unit champion for Cairn Wraiths is a bit much. It definitely nerfs them.

The lion standard is silly. Only 5 points to ignore all fear and terror tests?!

Morghast Harbingers should have been left as specials. I also think making them and Archai Undead Constructs was a poor choice.

Standard of Alternate realities is a paradox.

The dispel scroll is basically useless for anything that requires 15+ to cast as it only adds +12 to dispel attempt and you don't get to roll.

Your wizard just dies if you miscast and rolled more than three dice to cast and you get a 2-4 on table (1/6 chance)

Vampire lore attribute can actually heal your enemy!!!

I only read the VC section, Lore of Vampires, magic banners and arcane items, and magic casting section.
 
9th Age:

Yeah the VC changes are bad. Morghasts got nerfed **hard** (can only heal 1 wound with Invoc rather than 1+WL, no more bubble -1 crumble). Were they running rampant all over Europe and nobody told us about it, or something? The changes to banshees/wraiths are silly and unnecessary (who actually did wraith walls outside joke lists?). Don't really care about the double TG nerf since I never ran two anyways. We all just got taxed 100 points as our Blenders would never be your level 4 again.

They actually nerfed Tomb Kings. What a joke.
 
I'm no rules junkie, but no Banshees?! On the Morghasts, doesn't a Necrotect give Regenerate to Undead Constructs? That opens up all the Regeneration bonuses doesn't it?
 
Well at least they removed the cap on wraiths! I have to agree I'm not exactly impressed with how they are handling armies.

Obk
 
Well at least they removed the cap on wraiths! I have to agree I'm not exactly impressed with how they are handling armies.

It's seems like they are taking armies back more towards 6th with the new units included. In general it seems like they are trying to combine the two edition.

I'm really not sure for the changes to the lore of vampires, I always thought it was one of the more balanced lores.
 
I have no idea what they are planning. I do think what are doing won't appeal to as many people as they think. I know on Cotec no one seems that interested. The few that have said the same thing (why are they changing the MoK).

I think the core game changes are going to be fine, the books, not so much. Elves and spears just looks digusting to face. Have fun playing them with your brets!
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu