Reinforcing very thin green stuff?

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Markond

Skeleton
Apr 10, 2014
86
Zombies
74
I've been doing a conversion where i add several layers of flowing cape to a model and have come across a problem. I made the capes from GS with more blue than yellow rolled as thin as i possibly could get it and distressed to look tattered, the only problem is ever after two days of drying its still only just holding its dramatically billowing shape. Would it be safe to add a thin layer of glue or varnish to give it some strength and hold or would that interfere when i get to painting it?
 
If it isn't holding I think adding glue or something to give it some stiffness would help. The problem is finding the right think to use though. I can't see PVA or similar adhesives making it stiff enough and superglue, etc is difficult to get to flow.
 
Personally I would give it a vanish spray to pull it tight and get a bit more strength in it, purity seal will do this, after that apply a layer of super glue on the underside, spread it out with a old brush you don't mind losing then once dried, undercoat, this should give it all the extra strength you need.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Farmer7574

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu