Today I played my second game of AoS (it is not easy to have a game when my local players are generally negative toward AoS). I faced skaven, who had a warp lightning cannon, warpfire trower, doomweel, and other units.
The cannon, wheel and thrower were dealing a lot of mortal wounds to my deathrattles (and so I lost the battle). I wonder if there are any methods of resisting mortal wounds? Nagash can resist them, as well as Archai (to a lesser degree). A Wight King BSB can also help, giving everybody a 6+ chance to survive mortal wounds (as well as mundane).
Possibly fast units or shooting units could help, too. If one can destroy the most dangerous stuff quickly, he doesn't need to resist the wounds in the first place.
Bat swarms would be not so helpful - both the cannon and the thrower don't roll to hit.
Do you have any other ideas that could help dealing with mortal wounds (and their sources)?
P.S. You possibly know it, but I confirm it : horde of Skeletons with spears + Necromancer's Vanhel's Dance Macabre + Liche Priest's Righteous Smiting + Wight King's new command ability (taken from Krell) = ability to take down anything in 1 round.
The cannon, wheel and thrower were dealing a lot of mortal wounds to my deathrattles (and so I lost the battle). I wonder if there are any methods of resisting mortal wounds? Nagash can resist them, as well as Archai (to a lesser degree). A Wight King BSB can also help, giving everybody a 6+ chance to survive mortal wounds (as well as mundane).
Possibly fast units or shooting units could help, too. If one can destroy the most dangerous stuff quickly, he doesn't need to resist the wounds in the first place.
Bat swarms would be not so helpful - both the cannon and the thrower don't roll to hit.
Do you have any other ideas that could help dealing with mortal wounds (and their sources)?
P.S. You possibly know it, but I confirm it : horde of Skeletons with spears + Necromancer's Vanhel's Dance Macabre + Liche Priest's Righteous Smiting + Wight King's new command ability (taken from Krell) = ability to take down anything in 1 round.
Last edited: