Risen from beyond

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Jun 29, 2019
6
Pennsylvania
Zombies
7
Hello!
I have long enjoyed the all VC fluff and models and I have recently dived (headfirst) into a making a classic 6th ed Vampire Count army. I remember going on this forum as a lurker years ago, so I decided to finally introduce myself. I first got into Warhammer during fantasy's 6th edition, but I was burning all of my money on Space Marines but I always loved seeing the Vampire models in my FLGS, esp the plague cart, back in the 00s. Now the necromancer in me is stirring and I am amassing a shambling horde. Is this forum still pretty active? I'd love to put some of the stuff I've been painting (albeit slowly) and get some criticism.
Cheers and happy gaming
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jon Skellan
First of all, welcome aboard!

Yeah, we have a bunch of members that more or less actively frequent the furum, but the Golden age is well past and the traffic here is kinda low. In the end, i would say that yes, the forum is active, but no, it's not "pretty active".

Anyway, especially for painting, we have a sufficiently healthy subforum (with friendly painting challlenges too), and certainly you'll find advices and constructive criticism.

(side note: are you still into 40k?)
 
Thats great to hear. I'm just about to finish off ten of the 90s Zombies so I think I will start a plog here to help motivate me to paint and show the army.
And yeah I'm still into 40k, but I never got into the rules of 8th, though I have been keeping up with the fluff. I have a Dark Angels army, but with the new admech and 9th ed coming up, I might try to get into them.
 
Thats great to hear. I'm just about to finish off ten of the 90s Zombies so I think I will start a plog here to help motivate me to paint and show the army.
And yeah I'm still into 40k, but I never got into the rules of 8th, though I have been keeping up with the fluff. I have a Dark Angels army, but with the new admech and 9th ed coming up, I might try to get into them.

yeah, the 9th edition seems really promising. And with 5 armies at my disposal (SM, GK, AdMech, Necrons and Tau), especially given the new incoming models for 2 of my fav. ones, i think I'm going to have fun.


Regarding AoS… well, a couple of rumor engines are making me crazily hoping for a translation of Vampire Coast.

RE 1.webp
RE 2.webp
 
Welcome to the forum :). I hope that you enjoy participating in the community here. Please ask if you have any questions :).
 
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess i would label myself a Pirate Vampire hopeful. I've always dreamt of starting a pirate vampire army (check out Rob Hawkins conversions if haven't already) but right now my working on just a classic gothic vampire counts army.
AOS Vampire Coast would be awesome! When I saw those pics when they first got revealed I was thinking Slaanesh but that would be great. Maybe some Vampires with claws?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Grave Tacticus

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu