• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pointyteeth

Zombie
Nov 3, 2011
Note sure exactly what forum rules are on posting point costs so lets just say the Ghoul King is 8 new skeletons more than the new Vampire Lord.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
count_caliban said:
That's a new one called mortal strike. Red fury is the same. At least that's what I've been told.

Oh thank sweet merciful Christ, it had me worries for a while.

pointyteeth said:
Duke Danse Macabre said:
1 Attack?....
Thats Pathetic.... Could of at least had 2.

Anyway moving onto new gear whats the ghoul king like and can he take items?

Word is Red Fury (I am almost sure this is correct so if someone could confirm I would appreciate it) now lets you trade all your attacks for 1 heroic killing blow attack.
That said though I hope I am wrong.....

1 attack on profile and +2 from his sword, but yes, pretty bad.

Ghoul king is -1ws -1Ld +1I over a normal vamp lord; has regen 5+, infinite hatred, and poison attacks. Can only be a lvl 1 wizard. Can take any magic equipment except magic armour.

Red Fury is the same but no restriction for great weapons. 1 heroic killing blow attack is called master strike.

I never count items when looking at a base stat line, they should be able to stand up for themselves at lord level when he will have a 400 point or so price tag.

Does the ghoul king give any buffs at all..... That seems a bit anti climatic considering the background they tried to give him.
He is even more expensive even though he is heavily restricted.....
Considering they have increased the points of vampire lords and gave an extra attack -1 power level it will cost 55 points more to make him a level 4 wizard with a extra attack..... That does not give us a caster and combat option at all.
It just made one allot more expensive. :thumbsdown:

Wargamer

Ghoul
Oct 13, 2010
Puerto Rico
Duke Danse Macabre said:
count_caliban said:
That's a new one called mortal strike. Red fury is the same. At least that's what I've been told.

Oh thank sweet merciful Christ, it had me worries for a while.

pointyteeth said:
Duke Danse Macabre said:
1 Attack?....
Thats Pathetic.... Could of at least had 2.

Anyway moving onto new gear whats the ghoul king like and can he take items?

Word is Red Fury (I am almost sure this is correct so if someone could confirm I would appreciate it) now lets you trade all your attacks for 1 heroic killing blow attack.
That said though I hope I am wrong.....

1 attack on profile and +2 from his sword, but yes, pretty bad.

Ghoul king is -1ws -1Ld +1I over a normal vamp lord; has regen 5+, infinite hatred, and poison attacks. Can only be a lvl 1 wizard. Can take any magic equipment except magic armour.

Red Fury is the same but no restriction for great weapons. 1 heroic killing blow attack is called master strike.

I never count items when looking at a base stat line, they should be able to stand up for themselves at lord level when he will have a 400 point or so price tag.

Does the ghoul king give any buffs at all..... That seems a bit anti climatic considering the background they tried to give him.
He is even more expensive even though he is heavily restricted.....
Considering they have increased the points of vampire lords and gave an extra attack -1 power level it will cost 55 points more to make him a level 4 wizard with a extra attack..... That does not give us a caster and combat option at all.
It just made one allot more expensive. :thumbsdown:

Not to insult your way of thinking (and I mean this in the nicest of ways, honestly!) but if you say Kemmler has too few attacks to use his magical sword, why not account for it's extra attacks? Seems like a double standard to consider his use of it in a vacuum when the sword itself helps in its use. :vampire3:

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
pointyteeth said:
Note sure exactly what forum rules are on posting point costs so lets just say the Ghoul King is 8 new skeletons more than the new Vampire Lord.

[mod]ALL: Please be mindful of the forum rules regarding the posting of GW IP

Forum rules links can be found in my sig.[/mod]

Some of the items already posted look like they might need to be edited...

pointyteeth

Zombie
Nov 3, 2011
Bishop said:
pointyteeth said:

My apologies, I didn't see the second link :slapface:. Let me know which posts need to be fixed and I'll correct.

Elbisrever

Ghoul
Dec 12, 2011
pointyteeth said:
Bishop said:
pointyteeth said:

My apologies, I didn't see the second link :slapface:. Let me know which posts need to be fixed and I'll correct.

Same goes for me, I got a little over excited :redface:

Darkos

Ghoul
Apr 28, 2009
Guys, i'm darkos from Spain. I got the book rigth now!!! it's just in my hands!! Any questions will be gladly answered!

To comment:

If the general dies, ANY spellcaster with vampire lore can take charge of the army, so NO MORE CRUMBLING! (assuming you have enough spellcasters)

Very low on magic items. Very few had survived. to note Skabscratch, that gives you Frenzy, devastating charge, flaming attacks AND THE SCRERAMING DEATH POWER OF THE TERRORGHEIST. A bunch of points, however, and it forces you to kill every combat, or be yourself killed by the weapon (no save). Also the nigthshroud, that retains it's powers and betters your AS by one.

about magic, necromantic spells had gone. No more spam. But in exchange, IoN affects all units in 6, 12 or 18 radius, and resotres as follows: infantry d6+magic level (zombies recover an extra d6), any other 1+magic level (cavalry, bats, VARGHULF!!), any ethereal, vampire or Large target, 1 wound per casting. Also, anytime a vampire lore spell is cast, a model within 12" can recover a wound.

All models allowed to take magic items from BRB, and also all characters has acces to mundane equipment (armor, shield, GW, etc...)

i haven't time to llok anymore, but feel free to ask anything!!

Dklyn

Crypt Horror
Dec 21, 2009
Darkos said:
IoN affects all units in 6, 12 or 18 radius, and resotres as follows: infantry d6+magic level (zombies recover an extra d6), any other 1+magic level (cavalry, bats, VARGHULF!!), any ethereal, vampire or Large target, 1 wound per casting. Also, anytime a vampire lore spell is cast, a model within 12" can recover a wound.

Isn't a varghulf a large target? And so it seems warbeasts (like wolves) only get 1+level? ah well.

Maybe my book will get in today...

Skinner

Zombie
Sep 25, 2010
Dklyn said:
Darkos said:
IoN affects all units in 6, 12 or 18 radius, and resotres as follows: infantry d6+magic level (zombies recover an extra d6), any other 1+magic level (cavalry, bats, VARGHULF!!), any ethereal, vampire or Large target, 1 wound per casting. Also, anytime a vampire lore spell is cast, a model within 12" can recover a wound.

Isn't a varghulf a large target? And so it seems warbeasts (like wolves) only get 1+level? ah well.

Maybe my book will get in today...

And Varghulf is also vampiric? So only 1 wound restored.

Elbisrever

Ghoul
Dec 12, 2011
A Varghulf is not a Large Target, but it is vampiric, so yes, only 1 w per casting. However, should it be within 12"of the caster it can recive another wound because of the lore atribute. It still has his old bestial fury btw :)

Darkos

Ghoul
Apr 28, 2009
Yes, varghulf is largely unchanged, and it's also vampiric, so only 1 wound per casting. At least, you don´t have to target it specifically.

Disciple, allowed heavy armor, plus shield and one weapon choice from additional hand weapon, lance or GW

I'm very excited about new "take the charge" rules. Our humble necromancers being more important than ever. about them, they can choose vampire or death lore. Also can take lord of undeath as upgrade (but only one per army). There's a mAster necromancer choice, who is magic level 3. Also, vampires can choose vampires, death or shadow lores for his castings.

Also we have to look at HEXWRAITHS! Ethereal fast cavarly, with S5, magical and flaming attacks that ignore armor. And they can also move trought units and cause automatic str 5 hits!! I want a lot of.... And not much coster than Black Knigths!!

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Wargamer said:
Look at I found on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ__cbn4rUQ

Watched the first 5 minutes......
Could not watch more....
It tells you next to nothing, certainly does not say anything we don't know and left me feeling like I had just had the life sucked out of me....
Wait till tomorrow and read your own is my advice. :thumbsup:
Nice find though.

Wargamer

Ghoul
Oct 13, 2010
Puerto Rico
Duke Danse Macabre said:
Wargamer said:
Look at I found on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ__cbn4rUQ

Watched the first 5 minutes......
Could not watch more....
It tells you next to nothing, certainly does not say anything we don't know and left me feeling like I had just had the life sucked out of me....
Wait till tomorrow and read your own is my advice. :thumbsup:
Nice find though.

It does at least let you see how the book looks.

I'm hoping my book is delivered by FedEx today....

Swissdictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 16, 2008
Wisconsin
Any word on if Vampire Lords and Vampires come with default armor options? I really hope they do... even if we have to pay a few points to get them.

Swissdictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 16, 2008
Wisconsin
Duke Danse Macabre said:
They do now, thats one of the good things we have heard.

Excellent, the question is what are the options and if they cost anything.

Also: Are Vampire Counts and magic items totals still separate or part of the same count?

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
I just got the book ^^

@Swissdictator: Vampires can take mundane equipment. Here is the cost for Vampire Lord/Vampire (Thrall):

AHW 2/1,5 slaves
GW 5/4 slaves
Lance 5/4 slaves
shield 1,5/1 slaves
Heavy armour 3/2 slaves

Guess you mean vampiric powers and not Vampire Count. If so the I can gladly inform you that they are still separated, 50 slaves in each for lord

Swissdictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 16, 2008
Wisconsin
Mad'At, have some zombies! I really appreciate it! *tips hat* Mind letting us know the magic level upgrade costs too, please with a corpse on top?

Duke Danse Macabre: Some for you too!

Darkos

Ghoul
Apr 28, 2009
Yes, but now there are very few powers. Now vampires can only raise bats and wolves beyond starting numbers (one necro could do it for skeletons), and there's no way in the book to raise ghouls. We lost infinite hatred, Ethereal, walking death, scout, and some other very interesting powers...

Master of black arts is terrible expensive, and i'm not sure it's better than previuos +2 dice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu