So I think I'm reading this right. Spears confer Fight In Extra Ranks, which just like it sounds, allows an extra rank to fight. (Three for a non-Horded unit: the front rank attacks, the second rank models in base-to-base with fighting models get their Supporting Attacks, and the spears allow the third rank to get Supporting Attacks).
A spear-using Horde would get 4 ranks of attacks (from models that are allowed Supporting Attacks) because Hordes fight from 3 ranks, the 2nd and 3rd doing Supporting Attacks, and then the spears allowing the 4th rank to get Supporting Attacks since spears basically just add an extra rank into the fighting with the Fight In Extra Ranks rule.
And, of course, this spear rule stuff is after the turn they charge because it doesn't confer Fight In Extra Ranks on the turn they charge. (Fight In Extra Ranks pg. 69, The Horde pg. 49, Supporting Attacks pg. 48.)
Do I have this right?
A spear-using Horde would get 4 ranks of attacks (from models that are allowed Supporting Attacks) because Hordes fight from 3 ranks, the 2nd and 3rd doing Supporting Attacks, and then the spears allowing the 4th rank to get Supporting Attacks since spears basically just add an extra rank into the fighting with the Fight In Extra Ranks rule.
And, of course, this spear rule stuff is after the turn they charge because it doesn't confer Fight In Extra Ranks on the turn they charge. (Fight In Extra Ranks pg. 69, The Horde pg. 49, Supporting Attacks pg. 48.)
Do I have this right?