Spooky Ghosts, my attempts at collecting and painting Nighthaunt

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
May 17, 2010
814
Timaru
Zombies
657
So I have finally started to actually collect an AOS army after just moslty only following the lore and stuff for a while. Decided to collect Nighthaunt as really love the models. Got the boat guy as thought was such a cool looking model and wanted to paint him, just waiting on some of that technical basing paint. Brought the battletome and after looking through have decided on going the Scarlet Doom route. I really like the looks of the Bladegheists, Cruciator and Graventhrone guard and wouldn't mind including some. I dont know if Awlrach works well with them but would like to use him as well
Shall try and keep this active as I try collect a full AOS army and learn to play getting some games in

ctu
20230207_184402.webp
 
as a Nighthaunt collector, i approve of this. 😉

Thanks
I've got a Lord executioner and Bladegheist revenant b9xnin tye eay to assemble next but was hoping on some suggestions on what else to get
Planning on running scarlett doom but unsure what else to include for a 1500pt army and if Awlrach would actually work well in such a list
Executioner is a pretty cool model ao wpipd like him as my leader likewise with cruciator but is including both a good option
 
20230228_211916.jpg

Got the start of a small force which I shall try to paint and expand upon this week, I certainly notice the assembling difference going from a force like deathguard to Nighthaunt. So far 20 Revenants, 4 banshees, Spirit Torment and an executioner. Just waiting on some spray primer to arrive before can start paining but will try and paint them in same style as Awlrach


This is the list I am sort of trying to build towards,
+ Leader +

Guardian of Souls [150pts]

Lord Executioner [130pts]: Fuelled by Ghurish Rage, General, Soulfire Ring, Spiteful Spirit

Spirit Torment [120pts]

+ Battleline +

Bladegheist Revenants [360pts]: 20 Bladegheist Revenants, Reinforced

Bladegheist Revenants [180pts]: 10 Bladegheist Revenants

Bladegheist Revenants [180pts]: 10 Bladegheist Revenants

Hexwraiths [170pts]: 5 Hexwraiths

+ Other +

Myrmourn Banshees [100pts]: 4 Myrmourn Banshees

Myrmourn Banshees [100pts]: 4 Myrmourn Banshees

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Allegiance: Nighthaunt: The Scarlet Doom

++ Total: [1,490pts] ++

Dont know what Strategy I should take or the Battalions if any I should have as still learning, any suggestions?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Unas the slayer
Dont know what Strategy I should take or the Battalions if any I should have as still learning, any suggestions?

Given that you are taking a reinforced unit of Bladegheist, you will need a Galletian Veteran battalion

then you can choose between Battle Regiment (basically to have just 3 drops) or Warlord for the additional enhancement
 
  • Like
Reactions: Count michael
Been a couple of weeks since last posted but have been busy each week painting and assembling more spooky ghosts
20230402_114243.jpg
20230402_114245.jpg

Got a Guardian of Souls painted for some magical support. wondering if I give the Spirit Torment the tome so can be another Wizard for the force.
received_1608263692953595.jpg

Also got another Revenant Squad done so now have 30 of the 40 I am planning on taking for the 1500pt narrative event / tournament I have coming up next month just need another Revenant squad and hexwraith unit and will be finished.


20230404_185754 (1).jpg


I couldn't get my hands on the actual models and to be honest actually dislike the hexwraith models since old and doesn't really match the same look as the newer Nighthaunt stuff so converted my own using dreadblades and reapers
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: The Sun King
Thought I'd post here instead of making another thread, but I had a tournament / narrative event with my Night haunt. won 2/5 doing winning against Slaves to darkness and Lizardmen whilst losing badly to kharadron overlords, Stormcast and gloomspite Gits. Havent been able to play much at all so was a bit of things I forgot in first games like Frightful Touch but slowly getting a better idea. Got some photso of the lizardmen game which was a really close game especially due to the -1 D the Saurus had but thanks to a few lucky charge rolls was able to inflict strike last on alot of things so my ghosts stayed alive more, looking to add Spirit Host and probaly Reikenor for more magic support


20230605_113617 (1).webp

20230605_113620.webp
20230605_113622.webp
20230605_113628.webp
20230605_113631.webp
20230605_113633.webp
20230605_113635.webp
20230605_113645.webp
20230605_113647.webp
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu