Starting a plague of undeath

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Murphey

Skeleton
Aug 30, 2011
65
Zombies
42
Here is the start of my undead plague. I will post as I complete significant milestones for my army.

To start, I have my Necromancer:
ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_Necro1.webp


He was my first attempt at using source lighting from the necromancy magic on his base, (a running theme for my whole army) and from his lantern of necro magic.

Next up is my Vargwulf!

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_Vargwulf.webp

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_VargwulfFront.webp


I truly wanted my Vargulfs to be werewolves so voila!

Here are the first 5 test subjects for my running plague of zombies to be fielded with ghoul rules.

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_ZombieFront.webp


ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_ZombieBack.webp
 
Nice! I really like this idea and the painting looks cool! Why not try to find some Skaven bits (like rats) to add to the scene? :)

I small thing however, those half-ghouls look more like zombies than ghouls to me. The other 3 are very ghoulish though!
 
The basing theme of my army is a glowing necromantic fog that rolls across the battlefield. The fog is also some of the source lighting for the army. The underside of the zombies (yes they are mantic zombies) is brighter with a green glare compared to the darker top/back. As the rules for zombies makes them pretty much useless, (plus I really, really hate ghoul lore) I have created the plague zombie to use as ghouls for my army.

The back story, essentially, is that The Dark Mistress of Waterford, a Lahmian with Nechrarch tendencies, has created a plague of undeath stronger than the norm. The zombies carry a deadly plague, (poisonous attacks, are tougher, and are incredibly aggressive (higher ws/2A). The downside to this is that the plague needs the winds of magic to keep it virulent. Therefore the plague zombies are not as easily raised.

Personally, I thought it was quite silly that regular zombies had musician and standard options when they would clearly have no sense of discipline, yet ghouls had only a champ option. Seems backward in my opinion.

So there you have it! My zombies are mindless, deadly, hard to kill hordes like they should be. At least until they make decent rules for Zombies to make it reasonable to bring them again.
 
Finished 15 of 60 Plague Zombies so I decided to hammer out a character. I present to you:

The bringer of the necromantic plague herself,
The Dark Lady!

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_DarkLadyFro00d92ac24fb893b817b0d5f4704201d7.webp


and a nice shot of her rear....er back.

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_DarkLadyBac92bbab9f1fb860373e61c2a686bbe68d.webp
 
He has a 7-10 split between two Dwarf bolt throwers. It's an iffy shot Kas.....

He is actually tearing the lip off his snack mid battle. Yeah, eww....but also a little bit awesome!
 
Murphey said:
He has a 7-10 split between two Dwarf bolt throwers. It's an iffy shot Kas.....

He is actually tearing the lip off his snack mid battle. Yeah, eww....but also a little bit awesome!

:lol: Awesome. :thumbsup:
 
She's from the Reaper line named : Kaena,Banshee
I absolutely loved the model too so I had to add her to the mix.
Thanks also for the feedback! It is a definite boost to help motivate myself.
 
I finally finished my Mannfred mounted vampire model after almost 2 weeks of work.

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_photobucketb9056da6e42852ed8b4c816b09d44fca.webp


This isn't the best picture, but you can see the veins a bit in his arms and head as well as his glowy eyes.

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_photobucket45f4d73b935b779c19b3e02ae44e57d0.webp


Here's a bat-side pic:

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_photobucketfb8faf6e9fb39c7b55573bc5abefecb9.webp


And finally, a close up of the Encyclopedia Bloodtanica Volume I:

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x324_preachermurphey_photobucketddd42a0a038d48a090dd9d8eadb12d11.webp
 
Great start to your shambling horde. :perv:
The basing you're doing is cool... though when you do it, take care not to leave the obvious thumbprints. (Case in point, the backside of the half ghoul with the spine sticking out.)

I love the reoccurring greens and purples. Unusula coloring for a vampire counts army.
 
Thanks for pointing that fingerprint out Santawraith! I have since just bought a set of clay working tools to keep my mits off the green stuff. I hadn't even noticed that before.

Thanks for the comments on the bases. They actually turned out to be pretty easy. I am using a 2 part epoxy similar to green stuff for the bases. (It smells absolutely horrid until dry though.....blech!) On the plus side, it is incredibly cheap and is workable after it dries. I can't remember the name, but it was one of those "As seen on TV" items I found at the local craft store.

As far as coloring goes, I based it with Knarloc Green. Then I highlighted the streamers of smoke Goblin Green with a final highlight of Bad Moon Yellow to give it that eerie glow.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu