Sume's Sisters of Battle

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Sume

Ghoul
Nov 10, 2012
108
Zombies
99
Here are some of the current models I been working on. This is the first time ever I actually used white as a uniform color scheme. I am enjoying the contrast of what I achieved here. I was welcomed to post pictures so hope you guys enjoy. I also have a blog link for my Tomb Kings. So many pictures to repost so I will give the link.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Khemri/index.php?showtopic=11223

2012-11-14_18_05_05.webp


2012-11-14_18_04_56.webp


2012-11-14_18_05_23.webp


2012-11-14_18_05_31.webp


2012-11-14_18_21_57.webp


2012-11-14_18_21_57.webp


2012-11-14_18_02_27.webp


2012-11-14_18_02_37.webp
 
Those sisters are very nice Sume, it's always nice to see a Sisters army on the field. I can't imagine it was easy to put all the Seraphim on the bases like that, with the plastic rods - was that an easy conversion to do?
 
Thank you RoguePanda. Too bad around my game area no one really plays Sisters or not for long. I really like the models and they do not look so bland as most marines to me.

It was a pain in the butt. This army I actually bought back after selling it to a friend 8 years ago. These poor girls had four different owners after I sold them. My friend ended up buying them back. That's how I got them back. It was funny he described them as "making their rounds his circle of friends, just like a bad girlfriend."

Someone clipped the metal "pegs" they came with. Then they had drilled holes into the robes for the flyer stems or something else. I was not able to find a lot of the little ones. So I dug around friends bit boxes found the bigger ones. Then cut them down to the same size as the small flyer stem. It took me a little positioning while the super glue was drying to get them to be in a up right position. I like how they turned out.

I take pictures at my game store as I am not able to get good lighting at home with my android phone camera. I learned paint up what I buy before getting more. Once I get these girls all done, and the 8 tanks. I plan to move to my Wood Elf Vampire Count idea.
 
That is actually one of the basic chic with bolters. I decided to use those as superiors for my normal troop squads. As I am running them stock. I could not justify paying 10 bucks for one with a sword and bolter when those worked just fine.
 
They are looking really great Sume not a lot I think needs to be done, maybe a little more shading in the crevices of the white to make the individual plates stand out a bit more, but it's likely that's just the camera washing it out.

Always loved sisters, especially the exorcist, such a perfect but utterly ridiculous way of bringing down your righteous fury :P
 
Sisters of battle has always been my favorite 40k army. The models have so much things going for them. The exorcsit tank for sure is over the top for crazyness.
 
When I started 40k it was a choice between the good old witch hunters or tyranids. the tyranids won at the time because they came in the starter set, however I've always regretted that choice. Witch hunters would have been a much more fun army to be playing. Crazy inquisition and overly zealous nuns in power armour? what's not to like?
 
I never was a big fan of the bugs. Ya the crazy nuns in power amour is great. These are going to be part of a 1000 point doubles force I am trying to get done by Dec 14th. As it is on the 15th. I really hate to play with unpainted models. I also learned from experience paint what I got before getting more.
 
Here is some more of my Sisters of Battle. I just got one more rhino to finish up before Saturday. Been trying to get it all ready for a 40k doubles tournament. If all goes well the entire force is done.

2012-12-12_17_51_02_zps266eac1e.webp


2012-12-12_17_51_31_zpse3a4c97e.webp


2012-12-12_17_48_36_zps8b4b5f84.webp


2012-12-12_17_49_03_zpsacc542b8.webp


2012-12-12_17_48_44_zpsf6d5c72e.webp


2012-12-12_17_49_16_zpsddaa002f.webp


2012-12-12_17_47_40_zps9460b2af.webp


2012-12-12_17_48_04_zpsc4c95a0c.webp


2012-12-12_17_47_49_zps32c84129.webp


2012-12-12_17_48_08_zps55e153db.webp
 
Thank you.

I been meaning to post pictures of the rest of the 1k force that was brought to the doubles tournament. I was pleasantly surprised that I won best painted army. I got all my mistakes touched up on these models. As I really was pressed for time. To get 15 infantry, and 2 tanks finished in a week. As my two exorcist tanks took up a lot of my time I had allocated to the painting of the force.

I am currently working on adding 22 archers and 3 snakes to my Tomb Kings army. It is all in preparation for a big tournament in January 19th - 20th. This is the information if anyone is interested. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ywItp1d9zheVVGSzdpMTZ3dmc/edit?pli=1

While I do like my Tomb Kings. I do not like the rules. So after the tournament I am not sure what I will be doing with them.

Anyways here is the two rhinos and retributors that I took to round out my 1k force.

2012-12-19_18_22_17_zps8ddb96e2.webp


2012-12-19_18_22_47_zps04301fc0.webp


2012-12-19_18_22_10_zps77197033.webp


2012-12-19_18_22_31_zpsc9cf814e.webp


2012-12-19_18_15_54_zpsa34d3c99.webp


2012-12-19_18_16_00_zps8df72742.webp


2012-12-19_18_16_09_zpsf7f1c06b.webp


2012-12-19_18_16_16_zpsb1231c21.webp


2012-12-19_18_14_59_zps490e64f9.webp


2012-12-19_18_15_06_zps41e09b69.webp


2012-12-19_18_15_19_zps3d4e608c.webp


2012-12-19_18_15_28_zps28ce0dd5.webp
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu