• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Dear forum

I have played chaos marines for the last two years and lately there has been 8 others who started them recently.

I have always loved painting orks and even made my own tribe the red hands of gorks. So I shall be switching over to them as now one in the area plays them now.

I like to be different so waaaaghh

is there anything important I need to know to play orks ?

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Heres a flowchart to explain how to be an ork;
as94913612.onlinehome.us_wh40klol_you_iz_an_ork_.png

Its simple.
Get lots of boyz, with lots of choppa and dakka.
Put dem boyz in trukks, coz no self respectin' boy will walk to the fight.
Paint da trukks red, becoz everyone knowz da red ones go fasta (Serious, in 40k Fluff red ork vehicles literally do go faster)
Shout WAAAAAAAAGGHHH! as you charge across the battlefield.

Okay, on a more serious note-
Get some Nob Bikers in your army if you are feeling really mean. (Nob Bikers as a list was on a similar level to leafblower tho, so don't focus your army around them or you wont have anyone left to play against)
Put as much dakka on your vehicles as possible. Remember that vehicles can snap fire all of their weapons as they move at bs1.... orks are already pretty much at that bs so it really doesn't affect their shooting much, so go all out on the dakka.
Put all of your boyz/nobs/etc in trukks or battlewagons. Transportation to the enemy is essential (and the ork trukk/battlewagon kits are alot of fun)
Get the new ork flyers- because flyers look like alot of fun and are hard to shoot down while being well armed.
Shout Waaaagh. Alot.

Also, heres an link to why red ork vehicles go faster and how ork teknology works.
Ork Mekboy/Teknology

von Rosentod

Zombie
Apr 4, 2012
At low point games the Orks rule. They can loads of everything, as they are cheap. :) This far powerklaw toting Nobz are a must for any and all boy units. They provide some serious killyness against armour and high toughness. This used to be more or less set in stone in 5th, but with 6th and the ability to pick out characters (includes squad leaders) in some cases they might lose some punch. Time will tell.

What I've liked with Orks is that they can do alot of different builds very well. And they all work. Some better than others, but they all work. Some swore on the previously mentioned biker nobz, and they very often seen in tournaments, but lately they seem unfashionable some way. Bikers and feel no pain are perhaps better now too...

If you include a Kustom Force Field for protecting the boyz, powerklaws for killyness and deffkoptaz for taking down tin cans you should be off to a good start. Blak reach is orkwise an excellent buy.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Small rant on people stealing idea's.

So in my area 4 of the chaos players fallowed my idea to switch to orks. So now there is too many ork players.

good news I got two chaos armies cheap to add to mine so sadly I am scratching my ork idea for now.

Glory to the dark gods of chaos it is.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
On a note to saying WAAAAGH a lot - anyone that to me is liable to have BEEP BOOP drilled into their skull.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Your scrapping the idea just because other people are playing them? Who cares what armies other peoples play, its all about what army you want to play.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
I hate people copying me is the problem sanai since everyone was going to orks cause of my idea's. There was no reason to do my army as it would no longer be unique.

Jul 13, 2012
1. If you're killing stuff with BS-shooting then you're not playing right

2. Kombi-skorchas are awesome

3. Power klaws are the only decent tool for taking out tanks. Well that and the wyrdboy power, but you never roll that when you want to

4. Big mobs of shoota boyz is the way to go. You rarely need the extra attack and shootas just keep getting better

5. The ork codex is well written as it allows for a variety of themed armies. Themes include Deadnought heavy, bikers (Wazdakka), battlewagon mechanized, the sea of green, deathskull shooty army and more besides. The ork codex allows so many cool themes that teh first thing you should consider is whether one of these is the way you wanna go.

von Rosentod

Zombie
Apr 4, 2012
A little (late-ish) reaction to Friendly Dead's comment:

I do think shooty orks are viable. My Waaagh!-'Urghnould has gone way shootier with this ed after trying out different styles. But I think this edition gives a nod to combined arms forces, more than before.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu