The Golden Bat Painting Competition Summer 2009

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disciple of Nagash

Libidinosus
Administrator
True Blood
Feb 12, 2008
28,011
Yorkshire
Zombies
13,979
Well here it is, the competition you have all been waiting for!

For those of you who have read The Invocation you will already be aware of the rules, but for those who didn't here they are again:

Entry Opens – 01 July 2009
Until the closing date, any of the specified entries will be accepted. WIP shots are allowed and encouraged. Your final entry photos should state clearly in a title above the photos” Final Entry”. Each final entry is allowed up to three photos from various angles.

Criteria:
-One entry per person.
-Model must be related to VC is someway but does not have to come from the GW range. So models from Reaper etc are acceptable.
-Models must be fully painted (obviously), and conversions are fully acceptable and encouraged.
-Models must be painted by the entrant (no claiming credit for other peoples work!)
-Models have to have been painted this year, no entering models painted years ago.
-You cannot enter models entered in the previous Golden Bat Competition.
-Monster mounts are allowed

The allowed entries are as follows:
-Any VC character (inc special characters), with or without appropriate mounts
-One Command group from the following: Skeletons, Grave Guard, Black Knights, Blood Knights.
-Champion plus two troops from the following: Ghouls, Dire Wolves, Wraiths
-Standard Bearer plus two troops from the following: Zombies
-One of the following: Corpse Cart, Fell Bat, Spirit Host base, Bat Swarm base, Black Coach, Varghulf or Zombie Giant.

Entry Closes

31 July 2009 at 2200 GMT. All photos marked “Final Entry” will then be put forward to voting.

Poll Opens
01 August 2009 1200 GMT. A poll will be created with all the entrants displayed in the thread. Members will be able to vote for one entry only. Entrants may vote, but they may not vote for their own entry! (This will be checked on)

Poll Closes
15 August 2009 1200GMT. The poll will be closed and the winner and second place announced!

The Prizes:

First Place
The winning model will be displayed in the welcome portal to Carpe Noctem.
A gold medal for their profile.
100 Zombies for their profile
Their model will form part of the new Carpe Noctem Banner (See Below)

Second Place
A silver medal for their profile
50 Zombies for their profile
Their model will also form part of the new Carpe Noctem Banner (See Below)

All Entrants
Everybody who enters will receive 10 zombies.

The Carpe Noctem Banner
As some of you will remember, the winner and second place of the first Golden Bat Competition had the honour of their models forming part of the new Carpe Noctem banner. I have decided to carry this on as a tradition, so if you would like to see you models displayed proudly by Carpe Noctem, you know what to do! The winning models will stay in the new banner for six months until the completion of the next Golden Bat Competition.


So I expect you all to enter! Good luck and if anyone has any questions please ask.
 
This is my FINAL ENTRY

For this competition is submit my vampire lord on nightmare! Vote for him if youlike him and his army! :vampire3::vampire3:


gb1d.jpg


gb2t.jpg


1000p.jpg
 
Ophidicus - As much as I hate to be a stickler, the rules still stand. I can't go bending them otherwise what's the point of them. Anyway, looking at your linked GG, you don't need the extra two, your command group look fantastic anyway.

@ Fallen Angel - Superb entry and our first finished one! You have set the bar high with that great painted model, so I look forward to see what others present to try and compete with you.
 
Yes, what isthe point of them? I honestly don't see wht's to be gained by excluding them, could you explain the reasoning?

Fallen Angel: Dude, I really think you could spend more time getting this paint job really *special,* it is a wonderful model but I really don't think it looks finished, some more highlights on the red & shading on the face, freehand if you can manage it, all that cloth deserves some fancy detail to set off the 'lordly warrior' aesthetic. Draw it out on paper first & practise before you commit it to the final model. Push yourself!
 
Woooooh!

I missed the previous zombie-painting-converting-competition, but I will definitly joining this one. I already have converted the model and all I need to do is paint it!

I agree on Opidicus'opinion about Angels vampire lord. He is nice, but you are still playing too much on save.
 
I will be submitting one for sure.

Is it just the one model? or could it be my front rank of zombies? Though I may enter my converted emprie wizard > Necro.
 
Ahh I see, I think I will finish up my zombie bearer and put that in with some of my zombies :D
 
Some really nice gg there Ophidicus, and a nice Vamp Lord Fallen angel. I think ill enter as well I think ill paint Konrad, now where did I leave my paints.

Edit-and my brushes.
 
Okay, I am entering my converted necromancer :) Though I will probably change my mind soon and enter my zombies haha. Still, here we are.

necro001.jpg

necro0002.jpg

necro0003.jpg

necro0004.jpg

necro0005.jpg
 
Oronare - very nice necro, get it based and it would make a great entry.

I'm thinking of entering myself....though with what remains to be seen yet.....hmmmm.
 
It is a shame I couldn't get closer in, the jewel is ice blue with a very thin, perfectly painted ring of bronze around it, I was rather proud (and lucky) :D

Yeah I haven't based any of my models yet, not got any of the materials or anything, I am still deciding if I should put the zombies in, I shall see before the end of July :)
 
I'm pretty sure that I'll be entering my soon-to-be-finished Black Coach conversion. Although the paintjob is nothing special (a 5-colour pallette applied with a tank brush, haha), the model as a whole looks quite cool. I could always use those 10 zombies received from entering as well. :lol:
 
Ok i've got some WIP photos of Konrad.

(this is the first time i've tried to post/take half decent photos of models so i hope this works)

ai701.photobucket.com_albums_ww11_Capt_Rubber_Ducky_IMG_0139.webp


ai701.photobucket.com_albums_ww11_Capt_Rubber_Ducky_IMG_0138.webp


I think the one of his back is quite blurred ill try and put a better pic up later

I haven't done the skin yet, i'm not completely sure how i'm going to do this or the blood dripping from his sword.
 
Hi there,

Thought I'd chuck in an entry for the Golden Bat as it coincides with me starting my VC Army this year.

Here's my character entry - FINAL ENTRY.

ai254.photobucket.com_albums_hh97_mathaeus_IMG_2540.webp


ai254.photobucket.com_albums_hh97_mathaeus_IMG_2538.webp


As per DoN's advice I have added a third photo that is hopefully of bit better quality :redface: Tried the digital macro this time.

ai254.photobucket.com_albums_hh97_mathaeus_IMG_7285.webp


Cheers,
Hosko
 
Very nice Hosko. The green armour is different and the horse's glowing eyes look great. I would however suggest you take some better pics, maybe a bit bigger so people can see more detail?
 
Hmm... 18 days to convert and paint my necromancer... here's hoping I'll have him done in time. If not, there's always the zombies :D
 
That is a really nice model. I especially like how the hair looks in the third picture as well as the smooth red on the armour. Would you please resize the pictures just a tiny a bit though? They get frustrating to view when you have to scroll sideways while looking at them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu