The Green Hordes of the East.

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Baslakor

Wight King
May 7, 2008
443
Tomb of Berkel
Zombies
151
Hello all!

After sleeping in my coffin for many long years, it is time to rise again! And how better to celebrate that, than with a fresh legion of Grave Guards?

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_gg_1.webp

The Grave Goblins, lead by a Wight Kings.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_gg_3.webp

Filler one; A long lost statue of an Old One.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_gg_2.webp

Filler two; An escaped Squig!

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_gg_4.webp

The Rank and File of the regiment.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_up2_5.webp

Zombies under the command of Big Momma.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_up2_4.webp

The Giant horde. When I don't use the giant in my army, he will act as a filler for the zombies.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_up2_2.webp

Close up front lines.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_up2_1.webp

Random zombies.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_up2_6.webp

Black Knights with Vampire.

UPDATE 2-10-11:

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_M3.webp

The heroes of the army; Three brothers named Mr Might, Mr Mad and Mr Magic.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_Snotling.webp

Mr Malice, probably just gonna be a Graveguard (trying to increase my unit to 40).

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_skeletons_1.webp

Skeletons. Not quite happy with the banner (with all banners in the army) and the base needs some more scenary. Also needs fillers, probably something big and scary.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_Experiment7b2.webp

Something big and scary; a mutated Squig. An experiment by Mr Magic. Will become a Varghulf.


Enjoy!


Tips are welcome!:)
 
Small update. Still have to upload some skeletons (unit not finished yet) and some heroes on foot. WIPS of Spirit Hosts and 20 more Grave Guards coming also soonish. :)

Enjoy! Tips and feedback welcome!
 
Lovely army. I've always had a soft spot for cool VC armies but my true love will always lie with the Greenskins. You have combined these two into something amazing.

I really like the zombie goblins xD I might steal the idea to make use of all my left over goblin legs (more zombie, hurray ^^)

And the glowing eyes effect on the wight king looks great, as dose his armour. How did you paint his metal parts, both bronze and iron?
 
Lol, please tell me that's a LEGO man in the back of the Goblin Filler. I have to say, this is one of the coolest armies I have ever seen. It's hilarious to be honest, I especially love the zombies lead by Big momma. PLEASE, keep this comming. I have to ask, do you use these as O&G, or VC, or both? Either way, superb work, keep it up!
 
Love it - is this a new army or a continuation of an old one as I am sure I recall a VC Gobbo army from a couple of years ago?

Either way, really like the ingenuity and painting gone into this, great work.
 
I love to see armies with a bit of humour. So often we try to make our fantastical worlds as real as possible so it's really refreshing to see someone having a bit of fun! I love it and can't wait to see more!!

Cheers,

u_m
 
Thanks for the replies and I am glad you like the army. :)

I already had this army for several years, but didn't do anything with them for a long time. I only restarted them about a couple of months ago. The units got a lot of washes, highlights and other updates. The Grave Guards are new, as is the giant. I also Ditched my Blood Knights (not intimidating or interesting enough), though I kept and converted one to the Vampire on Hellsteed.

@ Mad'At: The Wight King was an easy paintjob. Heavy drybrush Boltgun Metal, lighter drybrush Mithril Silver. Then just paint some golden parts with Shining Gold. After that a wash with Devlan Mud (love that colour). As a final touch some highlights with Mithril Silver or Shining Gold. Easy. ^^

@ Jacques: I only use them as VC, though it might indeed be an idea to get the O&G army book! :D
and yes, that is a lego-mini. Planning to use a lot more of those statues. Maybe you also recongize the wings I used for my BK's/GG's? ;)
 
Baslakor said:
@ Jacques: I only use them as VC, though it might indeed be an idea to get the O&G army book! :D
and yes, that is a lego-mini. Planning to use a lot more of those statues. Maybe you also recongize the wings I used for my BK's/GG's? ;)

*Looks at Grave Guard* ... :O GENIUS!

Really though, gotta say I love the army. I always had a problem with a lot of the GW minis. For some reason, they always seemed slightly cartoonish. GW pretends that they have this deep dark gothic fantasy world, but I can't take their fluff/models very seriously. When compared to some of the other companies that have intense, realistic minis, GW just fails in comparison (At least that's my opinion :rolleyes: ). So I feel that armies with a touch of mirth come about much more naturally. My hat is off to you good sir.
 
Most flattered I am.

And I agree on the cartoonish look of many of the original models. Unconverted they are very cheesy. Bigcannon did an absolutly perfect job making them scary and dark, but I think I just gave up somewhere and went with the flow and decided that if it had to be cartoonish, it HAD to be cartoonish. :P
 
Still Working on the Varghulf, but still so many other things to do and paint!

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_bats2.webp

Fellbats wip.

Also made some changes to the skeletons:
ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_skeletons_1.webp

Old ones.
ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_skeletons2.webp

New ones.

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_skeleton3.webp

Filler! :skull:
 
I love the Lego Bat Wings being turned into helmet decorations. It works so well that at first I thought youd chopped up Grave Guard helms. Love the army.
 
Glad you like the army so far! It's a great compliment to confuse the lego bats for the GG ones. xD

I am flattered you made an account especially for this topic (haha, justt kidding!)

Welcome on the forum! :)
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu