• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Hello all,

The impending return of Nagash is guaranteed to be interesting for all of Warhammerland, but I’m most interested in seeing how the various Undead will interact with each other. In ancient times the vampire dispersed and disowned themselves from Nagash, who in turn laid down curse after curse on them. Now that Nagash will be back through the actions of Mannfred and with Vlad resurrected into his service, apparently also with a device for controlling vampires (which is news to me), how do you think that this will affect the VC faction?

Nagash’s goal in the campaign is supposedly to by force unite all the Undead under his banner and use them in his war against Chaos and the rest of the world. Will there be those who resist and band together with one another, or perhaps even fight alongside other races in the struggle to remain independent?

I’m looking forward to reading through the campaign material once it’s released to see what the playing field really looks like.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I think a lot will come down to how much previous fluff is ignored. From the army books we know manfred succeeded in sacrificing the Elf princess (dwarf army book) To bring Nagash back and I can see manfred and Vlad falling out at some point. Uniting all the undead would be impossible without either Neferata or khalida being slain and given that Abhorash is no longer a slave to the thirst would he really join up with Nagash? Would he even really be bothered to do anything for that matter, he has nothing to prove to anyone unless he fancies taking out some of the main protagonists.

Sanguinus

Ghoul
Nov 21, 2013
with Vlad resurrected into his service, apparently also with a device for controlling vampires (which is news to me)
Vlad returning is currently a rumour by someone will poor knowledge of the lore (though one I hope is true), and the device for controlling vampires is pure speculation by crimsonsun based on outdated fluff.

given that Abhorash is no longer a slave to the thirst would he really join up with Nagash? Would he even really be bothered to do anything for that matter, he has nothing to prove to anyone unless he fancies taking out some of the main protagonists.
Abhorash is all about proving himself in single combat. Killing a dragon and overcoming the thirst is a great feat and all, but what better way to prove yourself than against one of the greatest beings the Old World has ever known? Taking on Nagash is surely a worthy test for Abhorash.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Vlad returning is currently a rumour by someone will poor knowledge of the lore (though one I hope is true), and the device for controlling vampires is pure speculation by crimsonsun based on outdated fluff.

It sounded strange to me too, but I won't condemn anything until I can read through the book myself.

Sanguinus

Ghoul
Nov 21, 2013
Oh, sure, all I'm saying is that there's no concrete evidence in support of Vlad returning and controlling all vampires, so:

salt.jpg

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
Florida
I think a lot will come down to how much previous fluff is ignored. From the army books we know manfred succeeded in sacrificing the Elf princess (dwarf army book) To bring Nagash back and I can see manfred and Vlad falling out at some point. Uniting all the undead would be impossible without either Neferata or khalida being slain and given that Abhorash is no longer a slave to the thirst would he really join up with Nagash? Would he even really be bothered to do anything for that matter, he has nothing to prove to anyone unless he fancies taking out some of the main protagonists.

Abby is easy to get into this campaign. It's all in the title. The end times. Abby loves to fight. If everything is going to hell, why not watch the world die in battle, in the thick of it?

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Oh, sure, all I'm saying is that there's no concrete evidence in support of Vlad returning and controlling all vampires, so:

Turns out that it truly is Vlad that's back, it's spelt right out in the White Dwarf. I didn't see anything about a controlling device though, but I'm looking forward to reading through the campaign book when I get it. :)

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
Florida
Turns out that it truly is Vlad that's back, it's spelt right out in the White Dwarf. I didn't see anything about a controlling device though, but I'm looking forward to reading through the campaign book when I get it. :)

In the WD, it talks about the crown of sorcery giving Nagash complete dominion over the undead. Vlad is undead, therefore the great necromancer has complete dominion over him.

ManFlesh

Zombie
Dec 22, 2010
I love the idea of Abhorash opposing Nagash, after having escaped from the need for blood. I can imagine that the twisted 'honour' of many of the Blood Dragon vampires might lead them to oppose Nagash's campaign - plus I love the idea of a number of Vampires defending mankind, with Abhorash ironically being the one to banish Nagash. Of course afterwards the monsters that had defended them would be hunted and reviled by the humans of the Old World, but what can you do?

Reactions: Dragonet

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
It would be cool, but there's a line in the return of nagash novel that sort of insinuates Abhorash may be dead. Which would suck, so I don't hold out much hope of him appearing.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
There's a passage where Manfred talks about a warrior that came to his city, he goes on to say he was a terror such as no longer walks this world. He was known as the Dragon (which Abhorash is referred to in the ToL novels) and Manfred says despite their falling out some years later he is greatful to him.

It's not very clear but the terror such as no longer walks this world bit could either be suggesting he's dead or that manfred believes so as Abhorash is mostly a recluse nowadays.

John Rainbow

Crypt Horror
Mar 7, 2013
PA, USA
Vald is certainly back from the dead (and loving it - lol). His main role at the moment is as a thrall of Nagash and protecting the Empire from the Chaos incursion.

As for Abhorash I would love to see him come into the story. I think there is a huge amount of scope for how he can be portrayed and what 'side' he will be on. I'm really hoping he makes the cut and gets in there!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu