• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Kyo

Zombie
Apr 22, 2012
Your colour pallete choice albeit limited is very effective, love those skeletons.
I too feel a little more on the cloak would help the wight stand out a bit more.
I shall be watching this log as I too wish to do a skellie heavy force

Kassill

Grave Guard
Sep 28, 2011
Really digging what you've done so far! I might have to try that recipe out if ya don't mind.

Don't worry, I'm not as big on Zombies as others are either, so don't worry! :tongue:

Looking forward to more! :skull:

glenning

Zombie
Apr 1, 2012
Thank you guys!

@Mad 'At: The lower shield is either from the Ogre Bulls or Mournfang set(haha man, my bitz box is huge..).

Anyway, tomorrow I'm off to the store to buy a set of Empire Wizards and a Necromancer!
I really like painting skellies, but I don't want to get bored so I feel that a brake from painting bone for a moment would be good for me. ;)

Goggalor

Necromancer
Feb 29, 2008
Chatteris and plymouth
I really like your wight king. The antlers look very natural, as natural as they can on an undead mans helmet anyway, and fit the maodel well. The colour scheme you have chosen looks suitably ancient too. Good work!

Antipodean

Zombie
Sep 27, 2011
Skeletons are looking good. The restricted use of jade really give them an otherworldly etheric look.

glenning

Zombie
Apr 1, 2012
Thanks man! Just finished my Necromancer;

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e299_glenning_necro1.jpg
ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e299_glenning_necro2.jpg

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e299_glenning_necro4.jpg
ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e299_glenning_necro5.jpg

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e299_glenning_scythe.jpg
ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e299_glenning_book.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with how the cloak turned out, so I think I'll try something similar on the Wight King's cloak..

Raizi

Vampire Thrall
Oct 16, 2011
I really like the choice of colors on your necromancer. The white line on the hair is also a nice detail. :thumbsup:

Some really nice looking work with the shields on the skeletons there too! Keep up the good work there.

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jan 17, 2012
Omnipresent
I like how you've kept the roses dark and not girly looking. Also the eyes of the necromancer look ace, like they're ancient and blind yet full of evil

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Great work with the necromancer, both painting and conversion are terrific.
Not to sound negative, but something seems...off... about the eyes on the skull. I like the effect, but it seems too flat. Not sure how to fix it, though....

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jan 17, 2012
Omnipresent
I think that's to do with the angle of shot, Santa. I'm thinking that if you looked on it from a more natural angle it would look really cool.

As long as people aren't going to be inspecting it for a competition or anything, it should be okay

glenning

Zombie
Apr 1, 2012
Thank you guys!
Hm, yes, maybe I should add some more 'glow'? I've never tried that 'glowing' technique before, so any help would be appreciated! I've painted some of my skeletons 'eyes' the same way though, like it's an ancient, faded glow inside their skulls, like the last remnant of their soul.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
I like the eyes on the necro himself, he looks so sick. Like he's been going through ancients tomes about evilness all night and now wants to try some new trick.

Nice conversion idea with the fur too, would work really well with the basing technique you used on the skeletons. Being alive and stuff he would need that extra clothing in that kind of harsh looking environment.

EDIT: I also like his book, nice contrast.

Brahm Tazoul

Wight King
Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
glenning said:
like it's an ancient, faded glow inside their skulls, like the last remnant of their soul.

Unless it's the skeleton of a Lawyer...everyone knows they have no souls. Lawyers and carnies...

xD
Brahm

Brahm Tazoul

Wight King
Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Hot DAMN I should've turned the page back! Didn't even realize you'd finished the necro (but I saw an opportunity for the joke and so had to take it).

I too looked deep into the Necromancer's eyes...and saw rep! Enjoy!

Brahm

glenning

Zombie
Apr 1, 2012
Brahm Tazoul said:
glenning said:
like it's an ancient, faded glow inside their skulls, like the last remnant of their soul.

Unless it's the skeleton of a Lawyer...everyone knows they have no souls. Lawyers and carnies...

xD
Brahm

xD

Anyway, thank you guys! As I've finished the Necromancer, I can now purchase another box of Skellies! That's my new rule, buy a set, paint it, then buy another. Well', I've had that rule before but I've never really followed it before... :rolleyes:

glenning

Zombie
Apr 1, 2012
glenning said:
Brahm Tazoul said:
glenning said:

xD
Brahm

xD

Anyway, thank you guys! As I've finished the Necromancer, I can now purchase another box of Skellies! That's my new rule, buy a set, paint it, then buy another. Well', I've had that rule before but I've never really followed it... :rolleyes:

Blackbard

Ghoul
Sep 3, 2011
Glenning, I have been meaning to post on your plog. I love what youve done! The skeletons look scuffed and worn, just like raised troops should! Your necromancer is a thing of beauty though! I really love that model and feel the need to copy him as he is pretty darn close to perfect! Nice white streak in the hair, and the eyes are fantastic!
Bard :zombie:
That necro deserves a +1! cheers!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu