• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Kappu

Ghoul
Sep 20, 2012
How do You transport those speared skeletons / banner wielders? I use feldherr figure cases, but those speared troops just are annoying to transport. HW+Shield skellies fit nicely in those precutter foams tho.
https://www.feldherr.net/

Lynks

Lord of RAW
True Blood
Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
I found that if you position them on their side, the spear can then lay on top of the foam separations of the GW foam trays. You can then also fit them two to a slot. The banners can generally just lie on top of the foam themselves so long as the banner is the most forward element. Depending on how deep your trays are this might work for you.

This is assuming GW skeletons of course.

Kappu

Ghoul
Sep 20, 2012
Damn I feel dump right now. :D They'll fit just fine when cut upper edge of foam slot and put the spear thru that.

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Apr 10, 2013
My Vampire Counts are the first army I have fully magnetised. As a result, I can transport my entire army, already set up and on their movement trays, in a series of containers. I use plastic containers designed for under-the-bed storage, with a non-slip plastic matting that I cut to size and lay in the bottom, and I find this to be more than enough to prevent the trays sliding around during transport. Other people use trays with metal inside them so that the magnets grip on, but I don't find this necessary for day-to-day transport.

Beautifully, these plastic containers double as day-to-day storage, keeping my miniatures safe and dust free. And to cap it all off, it's cheap as chips! No more spending hundreds of dollars on miniature cases, and then having to spend twenty minutes at the start of each game pulling them out of their foam and setting them up!

Mc1gamer

Nagash will Rise AGAIN! He's back? Nevermind
Nov 5, 2013
USA
What the previous poster said. I have about $3-400 in Battlefoam and its overkill. Unless you are flying to tournaments, its money better spent on more army models ;) I plan to unload them as soon as I setup the plastic container option. Ideally I want something with a handle, tiers and that can snap together when stacked. Working on this. Once I figure out exactly what I want, the 720 and pack plus, and 3 feet of foam inserts are going up on auction. Works well for some, but I drive wherever I go to play, so no need for the over the top packing protection.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu