• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC - Chapter 8 - Hunting Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
RE: TVC - Chapter 9 - Hunting Party

Katrina drove her sword through the chest of a wounded ghoul,turning back to the others "I am here to see to it that the crown does not fall into Mannfreds hands" she directed the last statement at Mircea.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

Graveclaw growled as he clung to the wall watching the three vampires speak to each other two were Von Carsteins the other the younger Blood Dragon."Carssssstein" Graveclaw snarled, dropping several feet to the ground.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

''O for Vashansensh's sake'' Mircea sighed. ''Look here beast I have no quarral with you at the moment. All I care about is destroying the Crown of Sorcery. If you kill me Nagash will get the Crown and then you will be his undead slave for all time.'' he stated, sheathing his sword.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

Finally arriving in the city the Felix looked around feeling queasy at the obvious blood bath that had taken place here. Dismembered corpses covered the streets, as he nudged one of them with his toe he noticed with a start they were not fully human but ghouls, the man eating vampire followers.
"Looks like we missed a good fight here," grumbled Gotrek kicking one of the stinking corpses like it had personally made him late. personally felix was glad but he was wise enough not to mention this,
"I wonder what happened here, do you think it was anything to do with that beast we ran into?" he questioned.
"No manling, the wounds and straight and clear, they were caused by blades, not the claws of that animal." answered Gotrek picking up limb with no more worry than as if it was a piece of wood, "and judging from the strength of this blow whatever did this wasn't mortal." Groaning inwardly Felix did not reflect the look of glee of the slayers face at the possibility of catching up with his foe, suddenly one of the corpses next to the dwarf sprang up and attempted to flee but it wasn't fast enough as a big ham like fist smashed into its face throwing the ghoul back to the ground.
"No - no, don't kills ussess, tell you all we will" it gibbered in fear, eyeing the heavily built frame of Gotrek. Stepping in before he could behead it Felix questioned in a hard tone,
"What has happened here, why are vampires coming to this dread place once more?"
"To get the crown they are, want the crownsess for themselvesss," it answered trying to crawl back before Gotrek brought his heavy boot cracking down on its ankle, it let out a shriek of pain before continuing,
"I tellses all I am! They all want the crown they do, the crown of the Nagash, but no they can't have it they can't, ghosties said only for Mannfred it did." Felix exchanged a glance with Gotrek at the name of Nagash, that dark being had been the subjects of men's nightmares for years and to find they were wrapped up in a plot involving him terrified Felix.
"No more I know, swearses I do," pleaded the creature, before it realised it was the wrong to say, the last thing it saw was the axe of Gotrek swinging towards its head.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

Then he turned to Feldenhaus. ''That's madness. That crown will only make you a slave of Nagash, but the point is moot I do not know how to destroy the accursed thing he admitted''

Mircea has said those words only a few minutes ago when the left the slaughter sight. Feldenhaus had taken them to a run-down warehouse in which he claimed that held the crown.

''This is the place'' The vampire claimed as Mircea peered in. ''I would be cautious as a powerful guard beast protects the wraith.'' Feldenhaus warned. ''I am not scared of any abomination'' the vampire lord said confidently.

He kicked aside the rotten door and peered inside. All that he saw was a white rabbit on the floor, behind it was the crown, glittering darkly in the pale light. ‘’That’s the guardian beast?’’ Mircea scoffed.

‘’Beware! He’s a mean old beastie! He’ll kill you!’’ Feldanhaus said. ‘’Back away!’’ he warned the other vampires who heeded his advice. Mircea snorted and drew Vlad’s blade once aging’’ Are any of you favorable of rabbit blood?’’ he asked sardonically as he advanced forward.

Then the rabbit blurred and seemed to move with unnatural speed. In a white flash Mircea’s sword arm was severed and black blood trickled out of the wound. Mircea’s arm fell to the ground, Vlad’s blade falling out of the twitching fingers of the severed limb.

Mircea fell back snarling, as the Rabbit seemed to grow with power, growing fangs and horns as demonic power coursed through it. The skull rune of Khrone burned its way into its flesh as the rabbit’s fur turned red and it gave a soul-chilling howl.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

A piercing howl filled the air causing Felix to lok around with start,
"Don't wet yourself manling," Gotek said sarcastically,"it came from over there," he gestured with his thumb before trotting off at a fast pace in that direction. Not surprised by the slayers choice Felix reluctantly followed.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

Mircea grasped the stump of his arm and gritted his fangs in pain. Kill the damn thing'' he growled''

"I told you." Feldenhaus said, amused. "It won't go down easily." Feldenhaus inched slightly closer, a bit behind Mircea. "Mircea, from this point I feel we have two options, all charge, or use someone as a distraction." Feldenhaus whispered. "Regardless of our own personal goals, let's at least get that Blood Dragon out of the picture, and then we decide what to do with the crown."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

''I don't care what you do as long as you kill that thing, use a distraction, or sent the Strigoi aginast it, I don't care'' Mircea growled out.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

Katrina snickered "um Mircea you dropped your arm",Drawing her sword Katrina stepped into the room "Come then Demon of Korn taste my blade

The Demon rabbit roared and threw itself against her ,but Katrinas magical wards slowed its attack,enough for her to duck but the rabbits claws still sliced open the side of her face.
Katrina backed out of the room,clutching the side of her face. "That is no rabbit" Katrina said between clenched teeth.

"Well of course it's not a rabbit!" Feldenhaus said, drawing his blade, he then proceeded to call to the monstrous Strigoi-thing. "Beast, come to me at once!" He shouted, as the massive creature came up to him. "That creature in there is the favorite pet of my love, Emilya, killing it would forever harm the VonCarstein line, I doubt, however, that you could even kill it!" The Strigoi gave a howl and bounded in, intent on slaying the Daemon-Rabbit, Feldenhaus then snuck in with Katrina and Mircea, and grabbed the Crown of Sorcery, the three Vampires then made their way to the inside of an old tavern within Mordheim, the whole place looked dead, but it was the last spot the Strigoi, or the Daemon, would think to look, for it was decorated with a large symbol of Morr above it's entrance, which only slightly affected the three.
"Now, where to next?"

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

Graveclaw snarled slamming a massive fist down on the rabbits head "Die! he roared ,The rabbit was slammed through the floor boards,Graveclaw laughed a horrible choking sound. the rabbit snarled and chomp down on the tip of Graveclaws fingers only Graveclaws massive claws kept Graveclaw from losing his whole hand,but it still hurt,Graveclaw's roar of pain echoed through the ruins. Graveclaw hopped up and down waving his hand around "Let go of Graveclawsss hand!" with a horrible ripping sound the rabbit was dislodged and sent flying through the air. "Nasssty little thing,bitesss hard" he turned to walk away ,but a loud howling sound filled the air Graveclaw turned around as the rabbit came flying through the air,"Uh-Oh!" Graveclaw said, his eyes widening the rabbit latched its self to Graveclaws face, clawing savagly.Graveclaw snarled in pain grabbing the rabbit by the waist it took all his strength to pull the rabbit off, slamming the rabbit repeatedly on the ground. The little monster lay on the ground snarling slowly it started to climb to its feet "Why can't Graveclaw kill rodent!", snatching up the biggest rock he could find Graveclaw slammed it down on top of the rabbit burying it alive. Graveclaw sat down , blood dripping from his wounds "Where did the Carsssstein go?" he said.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

''I'm going to get the hll out of here with the crown, hand it over'' Mircea said, gingerly sheathing his sword and he reattaching his arm to the stump, muttering a necromantic spell to help reconnect his limb, the regenerative abilties of a vampire should help the rest.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

As the pair ran down the they noticed three vampires stealthily exiting one of the buildings and swiftly running into a run down warehouse, giving the choice between a possible fight and a definite fight Gotrek chose the latter silently following the three.
As they reached the outside Felic could hear a commanding voice,
"..with the crown, hand it over." Before he could even mention to the slayer he had already charged in surprising the bloodsuckers, bellowing a dwarfish war cry he brought his axe down in devastating blow, lopping the arm off the vampire who had just spoken, with a swift change of direction the blade sheared a chunk out of the breastplate of a female vampire as she hastily tried to back away before it finally finished in the ribs of the third who let out a agonising cry. With his sword at the Felix watched warily in case they should look to flank him but the three vampires were also backing off warily, the vampire with an authoritive air holding his severed limb under his stump whilst wielding an dangerous looking longsword in the other. Before either side could say a word Gotrek charged once more.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

''You idiot I just reattached that!'' Mircea shouted, blocking Gotrek's axe with his sword. The dwarf's hammer blows soon forced the vampire back as he desperately Gotrek's attacks. Then the dwarf feinted and brought his axe up in a blow towards Mircea's head.

But the blade only clove through a flock of bats as Mircea turned into his swarm form. The bats chittered and flapped before reforming, behind Gotrek, his blade catching the dwarf in the shoulder.

Gotrek grunted and brought his starmetal axe about forcing Mircea back. However the dwarf's blood halted in midair and coalesced into the blade before it glowed and the blood flowed the wound on his arm back to his stump.

Then Mircea spoke a word of power, sending a bolt of green lighting from his eyes into Gortrek, the blast knocked the slayer down, his skin blackened and burned. Mircea gave a cry of triumph and leapt in the air, blade pointed downward to skewer the slayer.

But Gotrek recovered quickly and leap to his feet to slash at Mircea. The blade cutting deep into the Vampire’s chest. Mircea growled before his features transformed into a demonic bestial mask and he plunged his claw into Gotrek’s side and wretched them free.

Gotrek then brought his axe around in a mighty blow and knocked the screaming sword out of Mircea’s hands. Then Gotrek brought the axe around to cleave the vampire lord in half. But Mircea’s hands grabbed the axe in midair.

Black blood trickling down his arms Mircea hefted the axe and kicked the slayer away. But Gotrek refused to let go of his weapon and he was sent flying to the earth, axe and all.

Again Gotrek got back up. But Mircea roared and a storm of bats then flooded the building. Gotrek and Felix covered their eyes and ears from the snarling sword. Or just an eye in Gotrek’s case

‘’Get out of here! Get the crown to that fool Cromwell!’’ Mircea shouted, barreling past a surprised Felix to grab his sword, but not before earning a cut in the side from the runesword that the adventurer carried. Mircea then burst out the side and transformed into a huge black bat that flapped away.

Feldenhaus, the crown in hand, transformed himself into a bat as well. He flew into the night sky, trying to stay out of the eyesight of Mircea, as he made his way to Magneqrox's keep. "I hope Magneqrox will have a good use for this crown." Feldenhaus thought.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

Katrina smiled sweetly at Gotrek "I think you hurt Mircea's pride", turning into a bat she flew laghing into the night.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Gotrek raced after the departing bats as if his rage would be enough to bring them back to the ground. But after a few hundred yards even he had to admit defeat, slowing to a walk as he spat on the ground to his side.

"Filthy scum," he muttered, his one mad eye staring into the darkness, "as cowardly as girly elves the lot of them."
"I am sure that won't be the last we see of them," Felix said in a half hearted jovial tone, though deep down he knew knowing his luck he would most probably end up running into the lords of the night again.

Status
Not open for further replies.