• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC - Sign-Up Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
RE: TVC - Sign-Up Thread

It's a joke, it's not susposed to be taken seriously.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood

xD Hehe

*Puts on DoN Voice*

I approve your character Gree!

*Shifty eyes*

*Runs away*

//And as tone is hard to identify over the interwebz I am joking and also recognise Gree is xD

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

Seriously, I've got a new vampire character coming up, one that will hopefully be a different change from Mircea.

Irony aside, I reckon some of the TVC characters are getting ridiculous. ITS NOT 40K. Trying to transplant 40K characters into Fantasy is not a good plan. If thats happening, why dont we just combine this with the Gunheads.

That was a joke by the way...

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

Name: Vrakian Corvian
Bloodline: Strigoi
Sire: Ushoran
Place of Birth: Lahmia

Description: A man of medium high and a somewhat muscular built. Vrakian had light brown hair and an unshaven face. He possesses blue eyes and fairly unremarkable features. He is fairly attractive, but the effect is mostly ruined by his rather unkempt appearance.

In his manbat form he gains almost a foot in height and somewhat more muscular, although not to the degree of his Strigoi brethren. His skin turns blue-grey and becomes smooth and mottled, while black hair spouts along his limbs and lower body. He grows two large batwings on his back, each almost twice his size and topped with a razor-sharp wing talon.

His features become bestial and he gains pointed ears while his nose flattens into a batlike snout and he gains sharp pronounced fangs. His hands and feet turn into nail-like claws.

(Imagine Markus Corvinus from Underworld Evolution)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E60H9DjCBj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbW8tjFhiw&feature=related

He generally wears the cloths of a traveling wanderer or road warden. Essentially a storm coat, leather pants and a shirt.

History: He was born originally in ancient Lahmia, one of the household servants to Prince Ushoran. He quickly rose to become one of the Prince’s favored followers and was given the Blood Kiss.

Vrakian was a scholarly, cautious sort of man, who spent most of his time either in the libraries or in the training grounds, mastering his new powers. Indeed, the only times he seemed to disappear form those places when he fed.

When Lahmia fell, Vrakian fled with Ushoran for his travels, still acting as a loyal retainer. He followed his master all the way to what would become Strigos. Their he became part of the new ruling class.

Vrakian became an ambassador, not to the other vampires, but to far distant human tribes. In this role he acted as an ambassador and traveler for the Kingdom of Strigos, always looking to foster trade. He did this for decade son end.

During this time he made many acquaintances and friends. He fostered many debts for Strigos. However by the time he returned to Strigos he found it in ruins and his Master dead.

Vrakian was broken by this, and he was forced to flee. However, whereas his brethren fled to the wilderness in fear of the other vampires. Vrakian had found many hidden lairs and hiding places during his travels. He knew of one isolated tribe of humans deep within the Grey Mountains, to the Sea of Claws.

Their, Vrakian settled in, their he fed off the local villagers. He made an agreement with the local villagers, he would protect them in exchange for blood.

This agreement continued until several hundred years later, where a raiding fleet of Chaos Marauders sailed across the Sea of claws and destroyed Vrakian’s home, again, this time he now wondered the nations of the Old World, hoping to find a new home.

He has traveled many places, seeing the homes of nobles and prices, of farmers and beggars, or knaves and rouges, and of knights and warriors.

As a result of his good fourtune after the Fall of Strigos he has mutated less than other Strigoi, indeed, he is one of the few Strigoi able to assume a human shape, his ‘’werebat’’ shape is his true form, but one hw uses only for combat.

Personality: He is a somewhat reserved, but polite and gentlemanly person on the outside. His Reikspiel is somewhat old-fashioned and halting, and he sometimes slips in archaic references.

However beneath that he himself is a nihilist in the way that he blives that the only things that matter are what exist that can be experienced by himself. He himself is always plagued by feelings of despair after the fall of Strigos.

Strengths and weaknesses:

Vrakian has two ‘’forms’’ one is his ‘’werebat’’ or true Stigoi form. The other is his human form which is a result of his shape shifting abilities. His own transformative abilities are limited in comparison to other vampires, only able to transform into his man-bat form and a full fledged bat. He is also capable of a partial transformation (such as his wings in human form)

Most of his abilities are only truly revealed in his ‘’true form’’

Enhanced strength: Despite his rather slight frame compared to most Strigoi, Vrakian is enormously strong, even for a vampire. (His strength stems from not muscles but rather an enhancement of the passive magical ability that strengths a vampire after death) He is able to stop a charging Ogre bull with a single hand with ease., or tear asunder dwarven plate like paper.
This strength exists partially due to his extreme age and Second-generation status.

Regeneration: Regeneration of damaged tissue is common among some Strigoi vampires. Vrakian, due to his age and bloodline, heals very fast to weapons that are not blessed silver or certain types of magic weapons. He is even able to heal severed limbs quite quickly. However decapitation will kill him. (In this aspect he is much greater than Mircea’s form of regeneration, which is much more slower and passive).

Iron flesh: His true form has become quite toughed and leathery over the millennia, much like the hide of an Ogre bull or Troll. His flesh is almost like armor in this aspect. He is quite capable of deflecting aside glancing blows with simply his bare skin. Although any direct blows plus weapons like great weapons and laces will pierce his skin easily.

Flight: In his true form he posses a large pair of wings that allow him the ability to fly in the air. He is quite maneuverable in this form. He is capable of retracting these wings into his body as part of his shapeshifting abilities.

Claws and fangs: In his werebat form he posses very sharp fangs. This, combined with his incredible strength enable him to rip through armor quite easily. He is also very adept at sing his wing talons to impale enemies.

Combat Wisdom: While lacking the sheer skill and formal combat training of the Blood Dragons, Vrakian has fought for millenia and while lacking in flowery sword skill he himself is a highly skilled brawler and knows how to fight dirty with the best of them.

Aside form this he posses the common strengths of a vampire such as enhanced speed, senses and other level common for an extremely old vampire lord.

Weaknesses:

Sunlight: As with all vampires he posses some form of weakness of sunlight, due ot his advanced age he can walk in it, although this burns away his human disguise and leaves him very weakened.

Silver: Blessed and enchanted silver can hurt him and harm his regeneration.

Fire: Fire is also another excellent way to harm him.

Religious symbols: He is quite resistant to the Sigmarite symbols, but weak to ancient Lahmian deities and certain Elven symbols.

Sorcerer: Although he posses some element of magic skill, his lack of real interest in it over the millennia means that he is mediocre at the very best. (A level 2 in game)

General: Although he has led troops many times in his life he himself is a mediocre tactician and leader and does not prefer to lead.

Yeesh, I appear to be pseudo equal amounts of flak and praise for my creation.

Anywho, to prevent myself from looking like an utter powergaming dolt who came back from watching Ghostbusters I shall attempt to explain my thought process.

First off, I am well aware that orcs and technology don't mix in WHFB and my origin extends the middle finger to both dwarves and skaven. As some have pointed out, being 100% compatible with canon is not this RP's priority (from what I've skimmed anyway) which means players can run a touch wilder with who they play. So in that I kinda just took my love of orcs and mad science and let my imagination and the rule of cool dictate Orci since canon is secondary/tertiary when it comes to the way way past.

Which leads me to the power gamey aspect. In retrospect, I did create quite a powerful character even if my original intent was to combine as many wacky and awesome things onto one character as possible. However, I would be lying if I said I wasn't trying to make him powerful. You see, I leafed through the PCs and noted that going for something like a warboss duel wielding crossbows would get my face slammed in the pavement before I could finish yelling "waaagh."

Mini-explanations over, now onto the fixes. As dictated by the power-that-is (Being Nagash in this case), Some of the more devastating tech bits will be dropped, physical stats will be altered to be less John Ramborc and more in the realm of pure fire support, among other minor fixes to strengths/weaknesses.​

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

Hay now there's two people physically stronger then Graveclaw Raze'kharn and Vrakian it does not look good

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

Gree - Emperor of Mankind, yeah why not it would be a laugh...............xD........just in case that was a joke - no chance lol

Now onto Vrakian Corvian, he looks pretty good. It will be interesting to see you RP a different style of character. The only note I have is his strength, how strong his he compared to Graveclaw, who is currently our strongest? Are you planning on him being equal, stronger etc?

SarcasMagos - Yes we do allow a more varied and wilder approach to our characters, but there is a line lol. I look forward to your revision.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

Probably stronger, considering his age and strength of bloodline. I wanted to him to be at least as old to remember Ushoran and Strigos. Is that a problem?

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

I don't mind if he is stronger then Graveclaw I don't like Graveclaw being the best at anytrhing its Mary sueish. but being able to stop a charging Oger one-handed even the Bloodline Masters wouldn't be able to do that how about a destrier instead.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

Why not? Abhorash hurled a dragon off a mountaintop. I would assume that a powerful strigoi vampire would be able to stop a charging bull with one arm. Vlad von Carstein impaled a man with one arm with absolute ease. A Strigoi in Night's Dark Masters took out an entire warband of ogres pretty easily. A very old and powerful vampire like Vrakian should be able to stop the average Ogre grunt Bull with one arm while transformed.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

I seriously doubt Abhorash lifted the Dragon over his head and threw it off, More likly he stabbed it and it fell off while thrashing about.
and any vampire can impale some one and lift them off the ground.
and I've read that story and not once did that Strigori stop a charging bull one handed thats a feat of a Greater Daemon.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

goulking88 said:
I seriously doubt Abhorash lifted the Dragon over his head and threw it off, More likly he stabbed it and it fell off while thrashing about.

Sorry, that's not what it says. The short story had him throwing the dragon off. It's on Pg 63 of the Vampire Counts army book 7th edition.

goulking88 said:
and I've read that story and not once did that Strigori stop a charging bull one handed thats a feat of a Greater Daemon.
Not that strigoi, but if a weaker strigoi of lesser blood can take out an entire warband then surely a greater vampire could do more.

And no, stopping a bull with one hand is beneath a Greater Daemon. Those beings fight Star dragons and destroy entire armies, They should be able to stop a bull with their pinky finger fluffwise.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

Sorry Ghouly, got to agree with Gree on this one. All the fluff I have seen would suggest that stopping a charging bull would be easily done by a powerful vampire, it would be something I would have imagined Graveclaw doing to be honest.

Have you not read the Blood Dragon story where the vampire stopped a charging knight with one hand on the horses head? A fully armoured warhorse and knight would be comparable in weight to a bull ogre.

It's knight.
~Vekky

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

Yeah I've read that piece its one of my favorites that's the reason why Blood Dragons are my second favorite Bloodline.

Ok Gree if DoN says its ok I'me ok with it

Editted Orci

Brief rundown

Removed the gatlas and powerfist

Upgraded the shoota slightly

Added Da Goggles

Added a Lobba

Strengths and Weaknesses now reflect a shooty character and not a jack of all trades.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood

goulking88 said:
I don't mind if he is stronger then Graveclaw I don't like Graveclaw being the best at anytrhing its Mary sueish.
If anything you try way too hard at not being a Mary Sue, thus you more or less turn Graveclaw into a giant pushover.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

Name: Edward Cullen
Title: one of the worst fictional characters ever thought up.

Origin: Unknown
Current Location: Unknown

Appearance: Edward is a very handsome. He isn't like other vampires, because he doesn't burn up in sunlight he only sparkles.

Strengths
None but he sparkles

Weaknesses
Low life expectancy
There is no way Edward Cullen could survive on the Vampire council let alone the world of Warhammer

Ghouly's life is about to end as he is torn apart by the other posters on the TVC

Please don't hurt me.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

I have an excellent idea, let's actually bring Cullen into the TVC, but explain him as some sort of demented elf or fairly who thinks he is a vampire. Then he use him as our buttmonkey.

I'm serious, I'm even willing to accept him as a strain of especially muddled bloodlines or a magical experiment if I can wail on him.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

............that's the best bloody idea I've ever heard.

I'll think something up and introduce him shortly, probably in the ball chapter.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

:| *slaps Gree, then kicks DoN in the Shin* Stop talking Crazy.
Good God what have I done I've unleashed a great evil on the TVC

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood

But ghouly, I've been waiting to have Mircea stab Edward for some time now.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

It was a Joke, I was never serious :'(

I feel dirty I need to go shower now.

I would dearly enjoy ripping him limb from limb...ah well, I'm sure we can do some psychological torture and such...

Status
Not open for further replies.