• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Unas' battle reports

ok, this is going to be long, so the Rep will be divided in more than a single post. Here you'll have only the first round!

FIRST ROUND

Drake constellation: reroll 1 to hit. Great!

FEC's turn

My opponent moves: abhorrant, Ghouls, Flayers+courtier block; the abhorrant summons a unit of 3 flayers on the left obj and the barricate has been cast in the middle, without being countered.
His general is kept out of the 25" range of the EotGs

5 points for FEC.

SERAPHON's turn

OK, this is going to be Tricky, so i'll anticipate something, in relation to skinks.
The plan is to run with my little friends to take obj points and play my real game on the right.

I would need just to roll a 3 to take the 3 points on the left obj, but i roll a 2, so i decide to go for the central one, and also the other skinks run for it, but also in this case i roll poorly. Both the left and central obj remain in FEC hands.

But now let's see in DETAIL what i did with the rest of the army, back to the hero phase…

OK, i want to eliminate the threat represented by those flayers and their general.

Hero phase:
forego all spells
LoSaT on the "unassembled" EotG. i roll a 5, so i can even move
I roll the engine for the unassembled EotG, now in range of the general for mortal wound, but i get a summon instead. First turn, so rippers and toad!
I roll the second engine, and i get the d6 mortal wounds. only the flayers are in range, so i proceed to inflict 3 MWs.
I use the second LoSaT on the sallies, rolling a 3; i place the sallies at 9" from the flayers.

Move
i move forward the engines and the Slann
I choose to summon 3 handlers; now my 4 sallies shoot at 12", and I'm in full range of the flayers. I'm going to deliver some pain…

shooting:
the shooting could be good, as with rend-2 the flayers can only count on their 6+ Death save, but is not enough, not by far. We're talking about a 24 wounds unit. i hit at 3+, rerolling 1... of those 4 rolls, two of them are 2, and then only one wounds.

Charge
I need to charge with the rippers, but I've kept the command point to reroll the charge (and this is why i did not use that cp to make a 6" run for those lazy skinks…).
Despite the double roll, the rippers don't make the charge, so I've got only the EotG.
I charge and inflict some good damage on those flayers, but at the end 2 survive.

THey fight back…. twice, tnx to that cursed feeding frenzy, and one of my EotG is killed turn one. 10 wounds exactly.

I only take one point.

5-1 for FEC

See you next round…

SECOND ROUND

We roll for the obj, and the one Worth 3 points is on my right, exactly where i needed it!
and I win the roll! double turn for me!!!
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lustria-online.com%2Fstyles%2Fdefault%2Fxenforo%2Fclear.png&hash=5ed8ef4fc524d8aafa34e8479eb5037e

SERAPHON's turn

I'm fairly confident i can manage the few remaining enemy's forces on the right.
I forego all 3 spells, so i go to 12 conjuration pts.

The engine roll the d6 MW, i shoot at the ghouls for… 2 damage.
Sallies shoot and kill the general, rippers take care of the flayers, skinks' shooting fails but they take the central obj.

i collect 4 pts

now we're 5-5

FEC's turn

the 3 summoned flayers stay on the left obj.
that dreadful terrorgheist attacks my skinks and, tnx to feeding frenzy, wipes away both my units before i can wary fighter away. Ouch

2 pts for FEC

7-5 for FEC

THIRD ROUND

The 3-pts obj is the one where the terrorgheist is.

I win the roll.

SERAPHON'S turn

The abhorrant is scary, but i have all i need to deal with it. the beast got 15 wounds (14+1 tnx to the realm of life we're playing in)

I forego all the spells, 9 conj points and i would go to 21. WOULD is the word, because for some fucking reason i forgot i was already at 12, so in my mind i was 12 right now.
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lustria-online.com%2Fstyles%2Fdefault%2Fxenforo%2Fclear.png&hash=5ed8ef4fc524d8aafa34e8479eb5037e

I activate the engine. d6 mortal wounds delivered to the terrorgheist. I roll 1.

i move, and at the end of the move i summon 2 sallies (because i was stuck with the stupid idea of 12 conj points). I can shoot tnx to the handlers, so i'm gonna flame the beast with SIX salamanders. I also place the rippers to charge and finish the work.

The first unit of 2 sallies. only 1 pass. d6 wounds… I roll 1. It burns… i roll 1.
The second unit of 4 sallies. Only 1 pass. d6 wounds… I roll 1.
3d6+1d3 and i rolled 4 damages.

With such awful rolls I cannot charge the terrorgheist as i cannot kill it and he would retaliate blasting away the charger unit, then it would be FEC's turn.
So, i must force the terrorgheist to stay there.
The rippers charge and kill the ghouls, taking also the objective.
4 pts for me

9-7 for SERAPHON.

FEC's turn

the terrorgheist heals d3 wounds… 3. he's back to 14.
monstrous vigor is dispelled.
simple and easy, the terrorgheist charges and slays without effort the rippers, taking again the obj

4 pts for FEC

11-9 for FEC

FOURTH ROUND

The 3-pts obj goes on the left, easy prey of the flayers.

I win the roll.

SERAPHON'S turn

My force is still sufficiently powerful to deliver a solid blow, but i also must run for obj points.
I could teleport the 4 sallies: they are too large and i cannot directly control the 3-pts obj, but if i roll a 5-6 i could move and shoot. taking 4 pts and go 14-11
However, the terrorgheist would be alive, and if i don't kill the 3 flayers i would be dead.

the alternative is: go again at full strenght against the terrorgheist. I'll take "only" 2 pts, (14-11 at the end of FEC's turn), but if i kill it in the last turn i will easily score 5 pts, especially if i summon a 10 skink unit to be teleported in the last round.

Both plans are risky, i decide to go for the latter.

I cast arcane bolt on the terrorghieis for 1 wound (i need everything), and summon 10 skinks.
Engine: d6 MWs… i roll 2.
shooting.
The first unit of 2 sallies. only 1 pass. d6 wounds… I roll 1. Again. It burns… 1.
The second unit of 4 sallies. Only 1 pass. d6 wounds… I roll 2.
3d6+1d3 and i rolled 6 damages. WTF?!?

The beast is down to 8 wounds.
i charge with the engine and i inflict 8 damage (2 of them saved by Death save). Still alive with 2 remaining wounds.

The engine simply evaporates with the double counterattack by the feeding frenzy

Yeah, i score 2 pts and we are 11-11

FEC's turn

the abhorrant moves and charges the 4 sallies. dead.

4 pts for FEC

FIFTH ROUND

the 3 pts obj stays near the flayers

FEC win the roll.

THe terrorgheist charges my 2 sallies (slaying them easily), and given that my Slann is in range of the maws, he's attacked too.
3 to hit… to add insult to injury, triple 6. 18 mortal wounds.

MAJOR VICTORY for FEC

Considerations about the game..

1 - track down everything. Ever. don't trust your mind… to forget a whole friggin' turn of collected conjuration points it's a rookie mistake, and it probably costed me the game.

2 - Mathhammer is important, but you can never be sure when dices are involved.
in 2 turns of concentrate efforts, i rolled 6d6+2d3 damage, and i rolled 10 wounds, leaving my killer standing with 2 wounds.
this breaks any statistic, and was the main cause of my doom.

3 - the new warscrolls are terrifying. The new FEC hero on terrorgheist / dragon cannot simply be faced in malee by anything old.