• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Happy Undying New Year Fellow Bloodsuckers! 🧛🧟💀

What are your hobby-related new year's resolutions?

I plan to:
* Finish painting my 2k Soulblight army.
* Start and finish a 1k Nurgle army (the idea being to paint it as fast as possible as a fun project).
* Get a lot more AoS games played.

Reactions: Sen2 and MedMos

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Those are some great and ambitious resolutions Sen! I don't think beasts of Chaos will get squatted as they have received a lot of support early in AoS.

MedMos

Ghoul
Sep 15, 2015
Lundby, Sjælland
Happy New Year, all! My resolutions...

- Build a lot of Frostgrave terrain
- Play more games, either solo or with friends and/or kids
- Use the above goals to fuel a story-telling, world-builing hobby channel on youtube

Not very undeady, although one of my Frostgrave wizards is of course a Necromancer!

Sen2

Ghoul
Dec 17, 2021
Mists of Sylvania
Those are some great and ambitious resolutions Sen! I don't think beasts of Chaos will get squatted as they have received a lot of support early in AoS.
Thanks, mate.

There's a facebook thread about it and it's a rumor that goes back to November on another site. Normally I'd ignore random rumors having spent so much time on Warhammer forums for about 20 years now (yikes) but one person said;

"Pretty sure there’s a storm cast ptg thing that you get bonus for beating chaos. Every chaos faction is named apart from beasts."

There's talk they will be pushed into Slaves to Darkness and lose most of their units, heck people say the same about dwarfs becoming one army. I personally think Fyreslayers shouldn't be their own thing, they have about 5 units, a monster and 4 heroes.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Happy New Year, all! My resolutions...

- Build a lot of Frostgrave terrain
- Play more games, either solo or with friends and/or kids
- Use the above goals to fuel a story-telling, world-builing hobby channel on youtube

Not very undeady, although one of my Frostgrave wizards is of course a Necromancer!
Cool resolutions! I would love to see your YouTube-channel! Let us know when you launch!

Thanks, mate.

There's a facebook thread about it and it's a rumor that goes back to November on another site. Normally I'd ignore random rumors having spent so much time on Warhammer forums for about 20 years now (yikes) but one person said;

"Pretty sure there’s a storm cast ptg thing that you get bonus for beating chaos. Every chaos faction is named apart from beasts."

There's talk they will be pushed into Slaves to Darkness and lose most of their units, heck people say the same about dwarfs becoming one army. I personally think Fyreslayers shouldn't be their own thing, they have about 5 units, a monster and 4 heroes.

Hmm. Well, who am I to know? But it would seem weird considering how imbedded the beasts are in armies like Hedonites and Disciples of Tzeentch - I mean the goats surely just can't go away? But maybe they will merge with Slaves as you say. I mean it wouldn't be the first time either :P

Reactions: MedMos

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
I am going to fix up a better work station to more seamlessly switch between hobby/work in my office. Looking back at last year, having to move stuff around and get setup really took way too much time and steam out of enjoying the moment to moment aspect of building and painting. Project-wise, I'm working on FS + Duardin. Focusing more on what I like than is super-effective. Because of Nurgle the restrictions are a bit tighter now so I doubt I'll even have a shot a game for the foreseeable future so might as well go all in on the rule of cool (or rule of hot hot hot in FS case).

I personally think Fyreslayers shouldn't be their own thing, they have about 5 units, a monster and 4 heroes.

That's the appeal of the army. Similar to FEC they have a small, yet flexible, model range and flavorful rules. All they really need are some updated rules for the Magmadroth and, ideally, make each hero on Magmadroth be more distinct. Other than that I enjoy their smaller unit roster since each unit has a place + each lodge and choice of general can take the army in different directions. With the new hero coming with the FS vs IDK box I think the standard battleline unit Vulkite Berzerkers are going to have more play. I won't say no to new options though, like a flame cannon or magma golems of ogor/monster size.

That said, I could see how CoS Duardin could slot right in with FS without compromising the army's identity. KO and FS would lead too much compromise in army design, i.e. limit builds into two tracks effectively killing what make each army unique. I would, for instance, hate to have one sub-allegiance be the Fyreslayer one and have next to no identity beyond that. Going back to FS + CoS Duardin though I can see it work both mechanically and lore-wise. Let's say Grimnir is restored, leading to duardin across the realms returning to renew bonds, swear new oaths, and rebuild the duardin kingdoms. GW have also showed they can do a really solid tome with a healthy amount of choice with SBGL.

Reject modernity, embrace nudism! 😁

Sume

Ghoul
Nov 10, 2012
My New Year's resolution is to keep working on this wood elf conversion for 9th age. As I want to go to the tournament, they announced in my area in March.

Then after that:
- Make a playable soulblight force from the leftovers
- Finish painting a faresight enclave for an event in my area that usually happens in the summer. Its a team event
- Maybe get around to doing something with the new sisters of battle models

Sen2

Ghoul
Dec 17, 2021
Mists of Sylvania
Hmm. Well, who am I to know? But it would seem weird considering how imbedded the beasts are in armies like Hedonites and Disciples of Tzeentch - I mean the goats surely just can't go away? But maybe they will merge with Slaves as you say. I mean it wouldn't be the first time either :P

I think they will still be around in some form but I really can't say much on it since I'm a newbie to the game. I'm trading some stuff to get my old beasts back and it would stink if I finished them and then find out they get squatted. Time will tell.

That's the appeal of the army. Similar to FEC they have a small, yet flexible, model range and flavorful rules. All they really need are some updated rules for the Magmadroth and, ideally, make each hero on Magmadroth be more distinct. Other than that I enjoy their smaller unit roster since each unit has a place + each lodge and choice of general can take the army in different directions. With the new hero coming with the FS vs IDK box I think the standard battleline unit Vulkite Berzerkers are going to have more play. I won't say no to new options though, like a flame cannon or magma golems of ogor/monster size.

That said, I could see how CoS Duardin could slot right in with FS without compromising the army's identity. KO and FS would lead too much compromise in army design, i.e. limit builds into two tracks effectively killing what make each army unique. I would, for instance, hate to have one sub-allegiance be the Fyreslayer one and have next to no identity beyond that. Going back to FS + CoS Duardin though I can see it work both mechanically and lore-wise. Let's say Grimnir is restored, leading to duardin across the realms returning to renew bonds, swear new oaths, and rebuild the duardin kingdoms. GW have also showed they can do a really solid tome with a healthy amount of choice with SBGL.
Hey there, Danceman! Good to see you!

It'd be neat if that slayer warmachine from Storm of Chaos got redone, Malakai Makaisson's Goblin Hewer. I would love to see some of those SoC units/heroes make a comeback, it was the most fun I had with the game!

I probably shouldn't talk about seeing an army I don't play merging with another. As you've said, you like the identity they have and I'm sure there are many who agree. Dwarf slayers have always been a cool concept and deserve their own spot in the AoS.

Reactions: Danceman

MedMos

Ghoul
Sep 15, 2015
Lundby, Sjælland
Armies changing is always a contentious subject. I didn't even like my vamps going from 6th to 7th edition armybooks!😁

And don't worry, The Sun King. I absolutely won't keep it a secret when I launch!😆 I do need to get a lot of things in order before I do, hence why it's a resolution for the year.

Reactions: The Sun King

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
My new year resolutions:
Reduce to zero (?) my pile of shame. I was already working toward it and i' gonna push that goal.
This includes also sceneries... better to spend money and time to improve my current armies, including repainting models picked on ebay to match the rest of the army.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Do you have a list of your pile of shame? :O Sounds like a crazy big project. My way to deal with it is just to sell all the unopened boxes once a year :P

Reactions: Sume

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
Do you have a list of your pile of shame? :O Sounds like a crazy big project. My way to deal with it is just to sell all the unopened boxes once a year :P

i don't have a precise list. However...

the AdMech terrains in the warhammer conquest series. just begun, this week i was able to complete this one.
some AdMech units: 6 breachers & 5 flying dudes: already started the work on them, they should be ok in a little (hopefully)
Necrons: their 3-pieces obelisks, a doomsday ark, a Seraptek and something else
Soulblight: 10 warriors, 10 dire wolves, Belladamma (what i'll do depends on the theme of the next painting comp here)
Nighthaunts' endless spells

plus, many repaintings of 2nd hand models i already have but that don't match the army: i've already completed 10 Grimghast reapers, but i have many other units that could be treated in the same way... but obviously they are not my priority.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
i don't have a precise list. However... the AdMech terrains in the warhammer conquest series. just begun, this week i was able to complete this one. some AdMech units: 6 breachers & 5 flying dudes: already started the work on them, they should be ok in a little (hopefully) Necrons: their 3-pieces obelisks, a doomsday ark, a Seraptek and something else Soulblight: 10 warriors, 10 dire wolves, Belladamma (what i'll do depends on the theme of the next painting comp here) Nighthaunts' endless spells plus, many repaintings of 2nd hand models i already have but that don't match the army: i've already completed 10 Grimghast reapers, but i have many other units that could be treated in the same way... but obviously they are not my priority.
That is quite the list! I just finished my resolution of painting 1k Nurgle. Did it in two days. Was very inspiring for me to speed paint, normally I become too perfectionist and dont finish as much as I would like.🥳

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu