• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Upcoming Warhammer Fantasy Releases- Including Nagash & new VC stuff.

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood

Quote:
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
I wanted to restate that Archaon is on his steed on the cover of book 2, but its not a new model. There are other characters I have seen briefly, like
-Grimgor, Incarnate of Beasts. The model shown is the same as the current model.
-Balthasar, Incarnate of Metal. Same model again as is current

New models I have seen, include a kit that makes three bloodthirster models. These are in the book and are different Monster (characters). They range from 400-550pts.

Taken from memory they are
-Headmen of Khorne with Wrathaxe and Bloodflail standing on flames leaping into the air
-Unfettered Fury with Axe and Whip standing on the ground
-Reaver of the Bloody Path with two handed great axe standing leaping high on flames

Also two new units with new models
-Skullreapers: The Chosen of Khorne with 2 handed swords and other weapons
-Wrathmongers: The Bringers of the Bloodstorm with chain like flails

I tried ET book 3 magic last week..... My friend had something like 21 dices ( a lucky roll and some more dices from signature form lore of death) and attempted to cast what I belive was caress or bunja 9 times. 9. Times.
I wouldn't call that spice,I call that Methammer...
Yer ok ill give you that; we agreed before hand no dick spamming death snipe spells other wise it would be turn one, who ever gets to start would just death snipe the enemy wizards. The game would simply be lost by whoever lost all casters first.

Emicrania

Wight King
Yer ok ill give you that; we agreed before hand no dick spamming death snipe spells other wise it would be turn one, who ever gets to start would just death snipe the enemy wizards. The game would simply be lost by whoever lost all casters first.
which makes a lot of sense.
It just makes me really pissed off that we player,that buy a book,have to fix it...

El Syf

Crypt Horror
Okay just thought people might want/need to know.
Archaon preorder is supposedly this Friday along with the new infantry and blister pack character. Yep all in one week:)

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
In End Times. Vlad even recollects how he was trying to marry Neferata. I always suspected he is indeed Vashanesh, but... but. Not bad either way.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
It was not clarified but I will ask about it. I'm also curious.

Update:

In ET indeed is said he was marrying Neferata, and in the Night's Dark Masters it's made clear he was indeed Vashanesh. Also this thought was along the lines in Liber Necris.

Last edited:

El Syf

Crypt Horror
But nights dark masters and liber necris are not recognised lore any more. ;)
Now you mention the marrying bit that rings a bell :)

El Syf

Crypt Horror
Well nights dark masters was done by a second party as far as I remember and GW told their writers to forget about Vlad being Vashanesh.
Josh Reynolds does a good job of giving us crumbs although manfred being Khaled rubbed some people up the wrong way.

El Syf

Crypt Horror
According to josh Reynolds we would have explicitly found out in Blood Dragon Vlad is Anakht and manfred is khaled (making him lahmian!) although you can kind of get that from rise of nagash. It never happend because he had to write the end times. But nice to know.
Reynolds calls him a toned down version of vash but yes they are one and the same.
There was meant to be a revised vampire wars trilogy that would have dealt with this problem, but that like blood dragon got shelved.
Okay I know they're just quotes of my own from previous posts but ya the best I can do at the moment!