• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Regarding army lists, I doubt that there are going to be anywhere near as many of those posted as there used to be, so I would not let that influence any decisions taken. Going back to an earlier point about battle reports and traffic that I have overlooked, it's certainly true that they will be fewer than they were, but once people can actually meet to play games again, I would expect that section to pick up to some extent. Again though, it won't be as busy as it used to be.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
So after consideration I have now updated as per the following. The idea was to cleanup and combine where possible. I've also moved a lot of things out of the archives back into the main sections, as they can still be of use. I've implemented prefixes for conversations.

• Master's Chamber
    • Announcements & Support
    • Intros
    • Off Topic
  • The Realm of Shyish
    • AoS Alliance of Death - all armies for general chat and rules
    • WHFB VC & TC - all editions inc 9th Age, general chat and rules. I have prefixed our archived 6th and 7th edition threads and moved them into here, and got rid of of the archives
    • Tactics, Army lists and Battle reports - still under conversation. At the moment I'm going to at least enable prefixes for the WHFB/AoS edition
    • Homebrew & Projects - One of the fun things (and I can't believe I've just recently remembered) was all the homebrew stuff we did, Legion of Nagash, Bloodline armies etc. Some of these I intend to resurrect, and I've moved some of the archived ones back to see if they stir interest
  • The Dark Art
    • Guides and questions
    • Painting logs and showcase - I think some people that showcases should still be split out?
    • Trading
  • Chronicles of Death
    • Lore and Artwork
    • Fanfiction and Novels
    • Roleplays
  • Faces of Our next Meal
    • Other WHFB armies and games (like Bloodbowl)
    • WH40K and sci-fi games (like Necromunda)
That's condensed down a whole lot from where we started off?

Irisado

Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I doubt many battlereports will start pouring in, but fingers crossed.

@Irisado why do you doubt there will be much traffic in regards to army lists?

In the first instance for the same reason as there will not be many battle reports, but also because the traffic across all forums dedicated to GW games, with the possible exception of Dakka Dakka, is significantly lower than it was prior to the rise of Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. As such, we are simply not going to see enough army lists posted to warrant them being separated from tactics, general discussion, and similar themes.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah the other social platforms certainly have a bit more traffic. However, I think that we can harness it to some degree. We have already gotten new members from the fb sites. I also think that this forum provides something that the fast moving and chaotic nature of other platforms cannot achieve. But all we can do is stay consistently active and promote the site here and there. These communities take time to build momentum, but I think we can get there. 🤩

Irisado

Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I hope that you are right. As an administrator on another and a member of the SMF forum software team, I can say that it's very difficult to compete with Facebook et al though, especially when it comes to getting younger players, who have more time to contribute content, onto forums.

On another subject, @Disciple of Nagash I've lost seventy posts since I last logged in. Did you break something :p?

Reactions: The Sun King

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
@Irisado you could be right about users not posting as much, but I'm up for the challenge! The main thing is to get the ball rolling, i.e. those of us who want this to succeed posting as much as we can so we can getting higher ranked and so on. That combined with active marketing which I'm still sharing on Facebook and aim to expand to Instagram soon will hopefully help.

On the note of posts, I have had the forum recount and rebuild our indexes and posts since I moved threads around. So it might be that things have been corrected, but if you do find there are certainly posts missing that should be there, please let me know!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu