Vampire Count Newbie

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

DrVampire

Skeleton
Mar 23, 2011
56
Zombies
47
Hi Guys,

Just started playing warhammer and want to make a VC Army,

I am looking at buying the battalion box to get started i am looking for a list of how many points each unit is. Also im guessing this army is below 500 points so what would be best to buy to get to the 500 mark.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
 
[mod]Asking for copyright material is against the forum rules.[/mod]

I can't give you a model/unit break down. However, as for the battalion, it'd be somewhere in the range of 400-500 points depending on what options you chose to take. You'd also need to have a Vampire model to lead the army.

If you do not have the VC army book, or access to one, then I'd suggest that is an excellent place to start.
 
Ok Thanks,

I borrowed a VC Book for a friend who plays, i got the totals as below:


20 Skeleton Warriors
Total: 172

10 Ghouls
80 Points

20 Zombies
80 Points

1 Corpse Cart
75 Points

160 + 80 + 80 + 75 = 395

So i have 100 points to choose a leader?

From what i understand i cannot have a lord in an army under 2000pts so i will have to choose a hero? Is it better to go with a upgraded wight king\necromancer or a vampire. I read somewhere that i have to have one vampire so im guessing that answers that for me?

I will be mostly fighting high elves or dark elves, other enemies include orcs and chaos demons, in that order of likelyhood.

I know there is a lot here and i apologise but any feedback is appreciated.
 
I believe that posting individual point costs is against the rules as well I'm afraid.

You can have a lord under 2000p since those rules for army selection s from a previous ed. I recommend that you have a look in the BRB and learn the basics. For example you can have a lord in any army but he cannot take up more points than 25% of the total army cost.
 
Yep, Fallen Angel's right - please avoid posting the individual points cost for unit entries (such as 'X points per Skeleton model' or 'X points for Sword of Might', for example) and type out just the total cost for the unit (all models + command options + potential magical items) instead. This is to keep on GW's good side by not handing out their copyrighted rules that you'd otherwise need an army book for, and we wouldn't want to have them coming after us all of a sudden. Point values and rules mechanics will inevitably turn up in discussions around the forum, which is allowed, but try to keep the outing of "hidden rules" to a sensible degree. :)

I've taken the liberty to edit the tiny offenses out of your last post.
 
DrVampire said:
20 Zombies
80 Points

See, this is one of the reasons I really dislike the battalion box. That right there is 80 wasted points. You do not want to shell out 80 points to field zombies. They really aren't worth it at all. They have the most abysmal stats and rules in the game. I'd really only have zombie models so you can raise them during the game. Leave them out and find something more useful for those points - perhaps some ghouls?
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu