• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Vampire Counts Inspiration Thread

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Its an inspiration thread, meaning things that I think that are potentially inspiring. To be "inspiring" in my eyes they need to fit any of the following:
1# Have a stunning paintjob
2# Be something creative/a cool idea
3# Do something different

Normal everyday stuff doesn't make it :tongue:

I'm glad you found more pictures of the corpse boat, I wanted to see some closer detail shots.

I also love the look of the black coach with the tree going trough it. Gives a ygreat feel for the ethereal flying chariot of death.

Cuzzy

Varghulf
My first thought when I saw that corpse boat was "Why are there two charons?" :rolleyes:
Guess ít's not the one based on greek mythology.

Great stuff on this thread, gives a nice few of miniatures could also be painted, in a very awesome way.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
It is one of his mate, he sent me a email with a load of them in.
I can send you them if you like or post here, the latter is probs the easier.

Oh yeh and a quick edit to say 1000 Posts!

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
This is less of an "inspiration thread" and more of a "look how rubbish your models are compared to these" thread. Still, lovely pictures. :thumbsup:

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Thank you Malochai.

I have got to admit, you are right a bit there.
I am proud of my army and when I see some of the things on here I don't think they are as good as I originally did.
They are still great inspiration however.

Anyway Here is a bit more of Jools work, a couple may of been posted already, I can't recall which ones have already been posted off the top of my head apart from the odd one or two
So taking that into account I'll just post the lot for easiness, I'm sure people won't object to seeing things that good for a second time.

And I'll leave the image of the boat out as it was so recently posted.
Sorry for the size of this huge post but they are well worth seeing.

I... tha... whaaa...

Words fail to describe how awesome all of those are. Jools usage of colors is amazing.

Been trying my hand at converting the main Vampiress from the Coven Throne as a new Vampire Lord... Got her almost ready for some WIP shots and priming when what pops up on eBay for me to find....

:| Almost exactly my idea.... but done with all three. And done beautifully too.... (Must... make...my...own... versions... soon!!)

I recognize some of the other Coven Throne bits.... especially the curtains on the Vampiress leader, but I'm only slowly picking out some of the other parts.... :thumbsup:

Whew.... sorry about the flurry of edits for this post, but getting the pictures up was murder..... :redface:

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
I've been waiting to see conversions made from the coven throne, but ethereal rider a couple of pages ago is the best I've seen yet.

Thanks for posting this thread. I truly am amazed at some of these models. I actually found some good ideas and color combos I may try.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Thanks for posting this thread. I truly am amazed at some of these models. I actually found some good ideas and color combos I may try.
Thats what its for :tongue:

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
Vampire Ron said:
My mind..

:Vampire1:

The Ghouls that are modeled onto things as climbing have a bit of a silly effect, and perhaps some might argue against so liberal use of gore effects but..

Man that is amazing. I love the glow eyes for all.. lots of 'Unit filler' bases in that skeleton unit looks like.

Thanks for mentioning BigCannon hadnt seen it all yet. Absolutely wonderful army and deserves a place in this thread.

Hmm... looks like I'm going to have to buy several Coven Throne kits for some true Ethereal Black knights...

Awesome stuff here... All I can think of is the Globogym slogan... 'Were better than you, and we know it'. Damn this is epic stuff.