Vampire Kit for Vamp joining Blood Knight unit

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Sep 26, 2014
95
Zombies
91
Hey,

So I recently tried using Blood knights and they did better than I expected they would. This time I wanted to play a unit of 6 blood knights. I want to add even more hitting power to the unit and add a vampire to it.

What is the best kit out for him?

Or perhaps there is no point in adding a vamp to the unit? I just thought that having a hero vampire that can invocate them is pretty powerful
 
What about:
Vampire Lord
Level 4
Lance, Shield
Armour of Destiny, Potion of Strength, MR(2) token
Quickblood, Red Fury


Then pair him with 9 Blood Knights with FC and the Flag of the Blood Keep. Gives the unit a 2+4++ against shooting, and a 2+2++ against magic. Not too shabby.
 
This is an option definitel, but I was going more for a flanking unit. last game my 4 blood knights with no command an no banners rode down the flank and did really well (against lizardmen). The unit was pretty cheap.

The unit you are suggesting is about 1,100 points.

I was thinking more along the lines of a unit worth 500-600 points as a very strong flanking unit.

I kind of feel like adding a vamp hero is not really increasing the hitting power of the unit too much. the Only reason I want to add a vamp hero is for the chance to invo plus perhaps giving him MR(2) or maybe a book of archkan.
 
Keep in mind that invocation doesn't work as well on blood knights as it does for black knights.
I honestly wouldn't add a hero to their number but if you would like one, try a hero with RF, sword of might (strength boost instead of a lance for protracted combats) and the 5++ if you have the points.

A bare bones kit would be lance, full mundane armor and RF if you want him on the cheap side.
 
What about an enchanted shield and the dawnstone? 1+ rerollable sounds pretty good on the flank. That still gives you points for sword of might or potion of strength if you'd like. In fact now that I mention it a potion of strength with a lance would be a pretty good one shot punch to get through anything.

"Oh! You dropped your toughness 8 sphynx on the flank? Well here's my strength 10 on the charge vampire with his posse. Goodbye sphynx."
 
I have been thinking about this as well. I love Blood Knights. I love my coven throne too. I think a lvl 4 Lord would be ideal for BK for several reasons. With the end times he can take lore of vampires and summon the unit of GG with wight king for a re-directing unit, if you want you can kit him out to have insane casting values on invocation which will rez your BK's even if it's only one at a time, and he can still provide 5 high strength attacks even if you kit him out all magic like (and still str 7 on the charge if you have a lance)
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu