VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
(To Abel)

"Thank you kind sir, I appreciate your pledge, but it's unnecessary. Note, that I will vote against you too, if I think you hide fangs. Don't take me for a total fool, even if I wear a motley."

Duality grins again that half-faced grin of his. But on a kinder tone, Duality continues:

"But thank you for listening, it makes my soul a bit lighter to have someone know."
 
(To everyone)

"But next to the matters at hand, I have been watching and listening around between my fits and encores. I think there's a lady here that keeps her distance too much, views us merely as cattle and is marked by her cold retorts as if she thinks herself supreme."

Vote: Wilhelmina Moench
 
Borgo joined the man (Duke) who hailed him across the table. Bowing before the man, he introduced himself.

"Borgo Brewermann at your service. Pleased to meet you Mr...?"

Borgo continued addressing a wider audience

"I had heard that woeful tale the jester spake of as a legend on the borders, yet as far as I was aware it was just a tale. It would be wise my friends to just remember that all of us are capable of a tale or two; Dwarf, Knight, Jester, Priest...even Vampire. It is for that reason that I cannot pass judgements on tales alone. A balance of a man comes from his actions and deeds as well as the tales he can tell. I afraid Sir Knight (addressing Abel), as valiant and honorable your deeds may be, it is foolish to commit to such a pledge within these walls. We are all capable of spinning yarns, but there are some amongst us who are perhaps more like spiders in their ability to do so. For this reason I cannot trust the tale that any one of you tells. By all means, should we escape this fiasco, we would all embark on an errand to aid this wretch."
 
(Towards Borgo)
"I open my heart and you greet it with a knife, well your beer makes me fart, therefore I prefer wine. Separate madness from a lie, and even your arguments may fly."

Duality makes a quick cartwheel and sits on a chair, listening what the crowd is speaking around him.
 
Hearing Wilhelmina accused, Alessandro stood up, and cleared his throat loudly, attracting attention to himself.

*To Duality*

"Duality! How could you possibly say she deems us merely as cattle? What lengthy conversation have you had with her to come to that conclusion? I say that all the votes cast heretofore should be of little consequence! We do not know each other, and any ... Actions that could seem suspicious up to this point could probably be attributed to the fact that, mere hours ago, people died in front of us!

*Room in general*

"Now, I do not say she is definitely human, nor any of you! There are obviously forces moving against those of us who are human, but there is no real convincing evidence against anyone. Shame on you who would condemn an innocent person on a ... On a hunch! Shame on you, I say!"
 
"I understand the risks I take, Master Dwarf. Do not assume I am a mere squire set out to earn his spurs. I follow the visions of the Lady in the hope that I may one day sup from her blesséd grail. Her code compels that I seek out and destroy evil wherever it be found. 'Tis the duty of a knight! If this man is proven to be a beast of darkness then I shall strike him down but until such is revealed I stand by my words."
 
Borgo turned to address the Jester.

"No friend, with an axe. Knives are for the sneaky, the devious and the cunning - for those that like to be underhand in their tactics. An axe on the other hand cannot be wielded without the aggressors intentions being known. My quarrel is not with your plight, I just merely think that given the situation, we flies need to heed yarns the spiders amongst us spin. If your tale be true, you Sir, can appreciate my unease in such matters."
 
Isaac turns to Allessandro, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Who's to say that we accuse her on such...whims? Hasn't our hostess left us here without any other words of advice or wisdom? Why should we allow a "guest" such as Wilhelmina to just trod off and pursue her own agendas while the rest of us fight it out here." He pauses to take a breath.

"While I do agree that it is a tad early to be pointing the axe at other allies, but suspicions are there as obvious as they come. But lest us not forget that there is an assassin in our midst, and I don't mean the Masque." He grins at his own irony. "What about the jester known as Duality, who holds multiple personalities? Couldn't it be covering up some darker secret through childish tricks and deceit."
 
*To Isaac*

"Why indeed? But I don't see any such accusations towards me, yet I have not been a major contributor to any conversation ... And if it is not on a whim that our dearest Duality accuses and votes for Wilhelmina, I would hear his proof of it now!
"I would also know why you eye me suspiciously? Because I stand up in defence of someone who is not proven to be guilty? Well, if you think that makes me guilty, you misread my intentions! In fact, I declare that I will not vote this day. I shall not take part in condemning a person without anything that will withstand scrutiny ... "

VOTE: ABSTAIN
 
"I'll take that pipe" spoke the greasy overweight man who has been eating for at least an hour. "Magical weed? What weed isn't 'magical'?" he asked rhetorically.

He took a deep puff from the pipe... "don't seem like anything special to me." He held out the pipe to anyone else that might want to take it. He refilled his flagon with ale and leaned backwards in his chair.
 
(To Borgo)

"Words of wisdom, no doubt master dwarf. In your line of work you've probably heard a tale or two. I must say the retort about your beer was unaccounted for, I have never had the privilege to sample your wares. I apologize, for a quick tongue is a trait necessary for my line of work, sometimes I end up saying something that I didn't mean. Most rarely I do apologize for it, though, but these are some rather extraordinary circumstances for us all. I'd not want to make an enemy of you."

Dualitys says, a half-smile on his lips.

"Whether my tale holds water or not, I leave for you to decide, but I think I cannot hold my waters much longer."


Saying that, Duality gets up and tries to find the privy.
 
( To Alessandro )

"You need proof at this time? The vote is this evening and half of the people here have been silent for most of the time, the other half arguing about superficial things to no end. By accusing your mistress I merely threw a rock in a silent pond and wantched the ripples form. You, sir have given me plenty to watch."

Still trying to find the privy, Duality heads for the stairs up to the corridors.
 
(To Alessandro)

"An interesting turn of events, and you are a righteous man to not condemn someone, which is admirable. Although this is a game of intrigue and treachery. We should focus on finding the vampires no matter what." He looked away, his eyes turning to Duality.

"The mere fact that you would admit to trying to stir up trouble here is fact enough that you are not on our side. A real ally would try and find the monsters among us and here you are, a clown turning us against one another. Vampire or not, your freakish performance has to leave the stage. We need a united front, not a backstabbing circle of people who get bitten off one by one."
 
All of the excitement had caused Eriks eye socket to begin bleeding and as he cleaned himself up he looked around, his eye finally finding Issac and Alessandro.

*At Issac*
"Good sir I to have tried to stir up trouble to see how we all react. And I must say your unwarranted attack on such a logical man who has done nothing to you raises my suspicion. If anything Duality has united us and made us stronger, and it seems that you seek to destroy that unity. I do believe that you owe the jester a apology" Erik said sternly.

* Addressing All *
"I see now that my magic herb theory has not yielded a single result besides a small cough from my friend Gurter" Nodding to Gurter "Apologies for that. But the experiment still showed me something interesting and that is the distrust that some of you have of those seeking the beasts among us!" Erik had brought his voice to the loud booming force that only a life at sea could give.

Erik took a deep breath and adding in his normal voice, winking as he did "Can someone please return my pipe to me? Thank you"
 
*Returning Borgos bow with a nod of recognition*

The names "Christof Oberstyre".
Captain Christof Oberstyre, please to meet you Borgos.

*Listening intently as the Borgos addressed the crowd at large and the bickering there after*



It seems ironic does it not that Duality has had more sense than any of us thus far, then again they often say two.. or three minds are greater than one. *smiling at his own light hearted joke*
No offence intended of course, I apologize if it seemed as such.

Now it is important that we find the creature in our midst and kill it before it can do any harm, however laying into ourselves will only see us divided a sow the seeds of mistrust, we must be logical in our under taking and speak and observe everyone. *Gesturing at large to those who had of yet to so much as speak to another*
But there is more than one angle to approach this situation from, a few of us here are still armed, no less we have 2 knights, a smattering if warriors including myself and the empires greatest assassin among our number, when the time comes... and it will come, our venomous host will show herself again.
Are we going to stand like mewling whelps screeching at one another pointing fingers or are we going to carve our freedom out of her very hide!?

We still have some blades and armour not to mention those with the skill which to use them, I say we end this tonight, when she comes through that door she will not find us unprepared as she did before, no....
This time, we will catch her off guard and pierce her rotting heart!

*Voice gaining power and rising as he finishes*
 
"My lords and ladies. Methinks it strange that as soon as the creature who holds us hostage commanded us to choose who was to die we didst begin to issue accusations. As if her word means more to us than our own wills. Shall we not allow all present to deliver their tales that we may have a basis upon which to examine each other? The dwarf hath spoken truly that some tales may be false but at least let us hear them before deciding who shall be struck down. Acting out of fear shall only result in mistakes and innocent blood being shed."
 
Erik sat down heavily, adressing anyone who would listen.
"My tale is not a happy one. I was born in a small fishing village in Nordland and there I stayed until I was 17, it was then a norse attack wiped my home from the face of the map. I happened to have been fishing at the time but as I rowed into shore I could see the fires burning"

At this point a tear rolled down Eriks worn face "I found everyone I had ever known butchered and burnt, the only thing left was a ship that had pulled into the docks two nights before." Erik rose to his feet at this point "That day I became the captain and crew of my first vessel Nordlands Folly! I sailed cargo too and from Marienburg, it was dangerous and very illegal but I made good money. Soon other men joined my crew, but we all hungered for more" Erik trailed off lost in his own thoughts.

Suddenly snapping back into reality he continued "We began smuggling anything we could get our hands on for anyone who would pay us. But it was with the purchase of Franz's Pride and the blessing of the Emperor himself that my life truly began!" Eriks voice swelled with pride.

We became a transport for ambassadors and the wealthy, taking them all over this great world. I have seen the jungles of Lustria and the barren wastes that are past the Worlds End Mountains, I have drunk with kings and slept with queens." A smile flashed across Eriks face "But this story does not have a happy ending I must warn you." Taking a swig from his tankard Erik finished his tale.

"We were traveling back from Ind when my men turned on me and threw me from the deck. I managed to survive due to a cargo-hook that had caught my face. I waited until the dead of night and climbed back aboard, and had my vengeance..." Here Erik trailed off and said no more.
 
"I agree fully with our good brewmeister that any one of us can craft a false tale to cover their tracks," wheezed the fat doctor. Stuffing a pastry in his mouth, he continued, "For what it is worth though, I am Dr. Viktor von Ungeheuer, formerly of Nuln, more recently of...well, wherever has the finest food and drink. My success as a chirugeon led to my eventual downfall. For with success, I found I was able to afford the finer things life has to offer. Fine wines, rare liquors, and the most delectable of dishes. Not to mention that with money, many women previously unimpressed by me, found their ways into my bedchamber," leered Dr. von Ungeheuer as he poured himself another glass of brandy. "One too many of these...indiscretions led to me deciding that it might be in my best interest to practice medicine elsewhere. I had hoped that this invitation might lead to an offer of employment as a personal physician," chuckled the doctor.
 
Duality returns from the privy, this time, much to everyone's surprise he comes down the stairs completely normally, walking the steps casually. Duality has the glove puppet worn on his right hand again.

"That was exquisite, my bladder was about to rupture from all that drinking. I wonder how you can keep this up?"

(To Isaac and Alessandro)

"You need not fear for a single vote here, as it is never enough to condemn anyone. By casting a vote on someone, who has not yet been voted for, I merely open the discussion. They can freely defend themselves as can those who would speak for them."

Nodding at Alessandro, Duality continues.

"It's the second vote that counts. If anyone would give a person who has been voted for an additional vote, the blood would be on his hands, right? So don't get overly dramatic about this, we are merely starting to comb out the stories and persons surrounding us."

(To Cristof)
<Ser Gilmore, the puppet-knight speaks>

"I UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC IN NEED TO TAKE BACK CONTROL AND THE LURE OF TAKING UP ARMS AGAINST OUR HOST. BELIEVE ME, IF I KNEW FOR CERTAIN THAT WIELDING BLADES WOULD FREE US FROM THIS PREDICAMENT I WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE TO TAKE UP ARMS. HOWEVER THE LOGIC ALSO HAS SOME MAJOR ERRORS IN IT. VAMPIRES ARE FOUL BEASTS AND POSSESS UNIMAGINABLE POWERS, TO FIGHT THEM HERE WOULD BE FIGHTING ON THE BATTLEFIELD OF THE ENEMY'S CHOOSING. WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HIDDEN ALCOVES OR TRAPS THIS MAGNIFICENT HALL HIDES FROM US. BEFORE WE KNOW OUR SURROUNDINGS BETTER I WOULD ADVICE AGAINST RASH ACTIONS. THEY WOULD MOST LIKELY JUST HASTEN OUR DEMISE."

"Oh, I told Ser Gilmore about what has happened, he thought it would be best to join the planning, but we still haven't told Ezmerelda. I doubt she will be much of use to us now." Duality finishes.
 
The argument having wound down, and sensing a lull in the conversation, Gurter returned to the table.
He began his tale by placing a talisman of Ulric on the table.
"As you have probably already heard, I am an illegitimate son of a baron of Middenheim. It was due to indiscretion on his part, but he is an honourable man and asked the priesthood of Ulric to look after me in my childhood. I grew up amongst them, and, as children are apt to, learnt many of the prayers and methods of the priesthood. I know plenty of it, and it is certain that even without being a priest as of yet that I can, at a pinch, stand in for one, as I did for the man out on the balcony."
"It was a largely uneventful childhood. I learnt to read and write, and to use the axe in both combat and work. I was fifteen when I went out, with only an acolyte for company, to the deeper forests where I found my kin slaughtered. They were not relatives to me in blood, but by means of their faith, and so I looked forward to meeting them as if they were long lost cousins. As it were, I came across their carcasses strewn across the snows, slaughtered."
"I could not bear it. Once we had returned from the journey, news of the terrible massacre in hand, I retreated to my room in anguish. I had a crisis of faith, and in that time I was adrift without a purpose. Luckily for me, one of the priests overheard my cries and questions. He said that it was perfectly possible that they had abused Ulric's faith, and thus had been decimated in some wrathful carnage, or that some terrible mistake had been made on the part of the opposing attackers. After he had convinced me that this could be so, I strengthened my resolve, and began to train to enter the priesthood."
"There is one problem that I have yet to overcome. Having grown up with the priesthood,I know all about the various tricks and traps that the acolytes must overcome to become priests. As such, those who are fostered by the Brothers or Sisters of the faith must perform some deed of faith before entering into the priesthood. As I was searching for some such deed, into my hands fell a somewhat battered copy of a volume of 'My Travels With Gotrek' by Felix Jaeger. Finding within it a scene so like that of the massacre that had occured years back, I resolved in Ulric's name to seek out the pair and uncover what had really befallen those men I called my kin."
"And so it is I am with you today. If there is anything you wish me to elaborate on, feel free to ask."
 
Frederick's face suddenly fell.
"Gah. All this stress is getting to me."
He sat, cradling his heads in his clammy hands.
Suddenly something was said that made him sit bolt upright.
"Captain, did you say you used to ferry ambassadors? What was the name of your ship? I didn't quite catch it."
 
Whilmenia shifted in her seat and briefly stared at Duality. Turning her attention back towards Alessandro "He, I mean she... whatever it is, is entitled to use their vote however they choose. It is a life and death situation we find ourselves in after all. I see little point in pointing out the flaws in the fools logic." smiling briefly again she continued "As you were saying, I would be more than happy to hear your story."
 
Ysolda listens intently to the stories of Erik and Gurter, waiting for Erik's answer as to what the name of the ship was before telling her own story.

"Seeing as everyone is telling their own stories I might as well add mine", she breathes in deeply a few times, staring at her lap where her hands nervously play with a fold of her dress.
"I might not have been completely honest. I am indeed a noble lady of the house von Richter but those knowing Marienburg will undoubtedly also have heard the name and my...eccentric uncle.
This is hard for me to admit but thanks to my uncle Ganz the family fortune is all but spent. Noble blood yet flows through my veins but my financial situation is far from noble I'm afraid.
I just...just wanted to be honest in case any of you might find my story doesn't add up."

She doesn't look up, her cheeks flushed red and hands still nervously twisting her dress.
"Now if you'll excuse me I'd like very much to withdraw to the rooms our monstrous hostess spoke off and be alone for a while. I will pray for your safety, you seem like kind people and I hope no rushed decisions will be made. I find it hard to believe any of you are monsters."

Without even so much as looking at the others she gets up and quickly leaves the room.

Vote: abstain
 
“Well I think that this is all my stomach can muster tonight. I think that it is time to hit the bed. But I really do hope that our breakfast will be as splendid as this dinner.”

Threeflower burps happily and tries to stand up when he suddenly seems to remember something

“You must think that I have been raised by pigs, my name is Threeflower and I…… don’t actually know what more to say. Well this has been an exiting evening but I will see you all tomorrow”

“I don’t really think that my vote matter in this case but I feel foolish not to use it. I don’t trust a man if I can’t see his face, especially if this man doesn’t eat when we have this wonderful banquet in front of us I cast my vote on the masked person”

Threeflower manages to stand up and make his way towards the stairs

Vote: The Masque of Death (Bravo_10)
 
Turning to Frederick smiling "The name of my vessel was Franz's Pride"

*To Ysolda* "I have indeed heard of and had business with your uncle in my younger years! A great man"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu