VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alessandro listened intently to the Bretonnian; concentration on his face -

"You speak a lot, but say truly little ... You repeat yourself and try and cast aspersions on me ... Like a cornered animal ..." He stood up, and then slowly cracked his knuckles.

"You would challenge a seventeen year old to a duel? You think your 'Lady' would look kindly on that? And I was not 'cowering like a child', as it happens ... I was taking what sleep I could, when I could, because this ... This, whatever one could title this, is truly nerve-wracking and tiring. Any sane person would take the opportunity to sleep, and as any soldier knows - when in danger, take what rest you can. Do not presume to lecture me on the ways of battle and warfare, old man. I have seen my fair share for my age.
"And I would ask you this question, but I know the answer - do you cast the same doubt of valour on Erik, because he went to sleep? NO! You stand by him like a staunch ally. And if you are one of these creatures, then you would hardly admit to an association with any of your ... Associates, is that the right word?"

The young man then went about getting himself another drink before settling down to listen to the rest of the conversation and readying himself, if necessary, to weigh in.
 
(To Abel) "Again, you accuse me of trying to divert attention from myself when I all I did to begin this discussion was to voice my suspicions on an event that could have been a clever fabrication. We've already seen the kind of 'games' these monsters enjoy. I do not think I'm unjustly casting accusations. I'm only voicing my concerns before the final hour and it becomes a mad scramble to determine who to vote against. Yet you jump to Erik's defense and offer more violence in an already chaotic situation. In fact, he hasn't said a word about my 'accusation.' However, you seem to take great offense at it. Your explanation that you became acquainted while moving the body is plausible. Your apparent devotion to someone you don't truly know is questionable. Any one of us could be in league with these fiends. All we have to go on is the behavior of our fellow guests. Your attitude is certainly in question, though I wonder if you act this way to draw attention away from my opinion that perhaps Erik had more than our good will in mind when he offered his pipe in an attempt to find the creature."
 
*at Dr. Victor*
"I assure you sir that my offer of the pipe was truly something that could of worked. But it appears it was just another Nippon myth. But while you seem to stand by the fact that we can trust no-one, I believe that we must trust everyone and only then can we see who does not deserve our trust. Abel patrolled these halls when no other man dared set foot out of his room, if I remember correctly doctor you yourself cowered behind a door. Now I am not saying that this is wrong but our fear is clouding our judgement..." Erik trailed off before turning to Wilhelmina

"I would watch your tone girl, I voted for that little man because action had to be taken and any other vote would of raised animosity amongst our ranks. So I went on one mans hunch and while it turned out to be wrong we showed the creatures that we can work together."
 
Alessandro rolled his eyes at Erik's statement.

*To Erik*

"That could be considered a threat ... Why would you be threatening a woman, Erik? Afraid she's onto something? You didn't have to vote at all. I didn't. That didn't raise animosity, so why should your vote have? You're either trying to cover, or have a hugely inflated view of your own self-worth ... And this, right now, is showing them we can't work together,"

*To Erik and Abel*

"I find both of your stories wearing thin, and the only problem I have is deciding which one of you is more likely to be a cold-blooded killer ... After all, the other could simply be in their thrall ... "
 
Erik turned on Allessandro, towering above him shaking with rage as a fine trickle of blood ran from underneath his eyepatch "Sir that was not a threat but a reminder for that girl to respect those around her. I have grown tired of your ego driven aggression to all those but the girl here." Nodding to Wilhelmina" Maybe it is you two who are in cahoots and seek to kill the more human amongst us..." Erik began to trail off, his rage subsiding as quickly as it had come.

Wiping the blood from his face Erik continued "You are right about one thing though boy, and that is I am a killer. But just because of that do not think I am a blood sucker like some in this room" Eriks eye darted to Wilhelmina for a brief second before looking back at Allessandro.
 
"Good to see that these monsters can at least be killed." Lorenzo filled his plate (as per usual) after inspecting the note on the table.

"What was the purpose of da twisted game that we were forced ta play? Was dat just to distract us?"

The large man takes another swig from his flask and then refills it again.

"Dat's my suspi..suspici... thought about it, anyway"
 
"My ego driven aggression? Sir, look at yourself! Who would you call the aggressive one? In my defence I merely say that it befits no-one to use that tone to a woman. Nothing excuses a gentleman or ... Whatever you happen to be, from that!
"And why should she respect you, as a matter of interest? What have you done to deserve her respect?
"I have my suspicions and I'm trying to determine the truth of them, yet when I question people, they act aggressively ... How, then, am I supposed to act? If you act like a thoughtless thug, those around you will treat you like it. Do not think yourself above this questioning!"
 
"If I may be so bold and to offer my most sincere assesment of our situation."

Duality starts up in a quiet and a bit frightened female voice, but gaining more strength as she continues:

"For what comes to the voting I am still mad at Michael about the choice he made when he voted for Mr. Threeflowers. But if I am right, we still have to vote, according to the rules here, right? If we do not vote, we will lose our only weapon against these monsters in our midst and be picked out one by one. For those who have had the courage to vote, I offer my felicitations, because it is very difficult to do and the guilt from a wrong decision is terrible.

I do not however understand why those people who decided not to vote are making accusations against them, who had the courage in this desperate struggle for our lives? In my most humblest of opinions I think that those who withdraw from the voting should also hold their tongues about the result. You have your chance to make a difference by voting, if you refuse, you lose your chance. I think that by having a low amount of votes and many who did not dare to vote it is very easy to start pointing fingers. Those who abstained are just as much to blame! If a mother sees her children abused and just stands by, doing nothing, she is just as guilty as the one who does the deed!

I... I'm sorry if I got carried away with this, I didn't mean to insult anyone. It's just... my mother never stood up to defend me from my father and... I'm sorry. I will be quiet now."

Duality sits back in the chair, shaking a little. She takes a glass of wine and some biscuits on her plate and starts to nibble at them.
 
(To Erik) "You're right, I did lock myself inside my room last night. I have no delusions that I could stand a chance against one of those fiends in a fight. The only weapon that's going to do any of us any good is our minds. I would also think a salty old sea-dog, like yourself, would be less naive. How can we trust each other when we know that there are more of these infernal bloodsuckers amongst us?"
 
Erik turned his back on Allessandro and then hearing the doctor he said "Good doctor you must understand that trust is key in here. You say I am naive but think of what happens when we do not trust each other, think about the dead who only died due to lack of trust. I have bridged this gap with men like Christof and Abel but some.. " staring at Allessandro " Seem to be trying to undermine me." Pausing to drink

"When this infernal game started I trusted you all but as the days have progressed I am seeing cracks in a few masks "Nodding to the Masque" No offence m'lady, that was not a jab at yourself. So doctor ask yourself if you would rather stand in fear alone or hunt the monsters in this room with us.." Erik trailed off, his one eye never breaking contact with Victors
 
"Was that a sly dig there, Erik? I do believe it was ... Just come out and say what you think, the cloak and daggers thing does you no favours ... Like a fish out of water ... "
 
(To Alessandro)
"Thou sayest that thou hast seen thy share of battle. Thou speaketh arrogant words against thy betters. It seemeth me as though thou consider thyself a man. Yet thou hideth thyself away when danger comes, thou dost let fear govern thee like a beaten cur. Thou hast not questioned as thou sayest but hast blatently accused others. And when I treat thee as a man and offer thee a chance to defend thyself like a man thou hideth behind thine age? Truly thou art not a man, but a dog who deserves to be taught his place! I know not whether thou art a devil in disguise but I know that thou hast no honour. I am done with thee boy!"

(To all)
"I have answered this cowards questions with the truth. If anyone else seeks to condemn me let them present their voice."

(To Dr von H)
"What offends me Dr is that thou hast spoken out against one course of action while taking no action thyself, not that thou spoke against the captain. Hast thou any ideas of how to locate the beasts? Please, present them that we may do something."

(To Duality)
"My lady, thou hast spoken truly. I have not yet cast a vote yet neither do I blame any who have."
 
Alessandro sighed loudly, before drawing his sword, the rasping reverberating around the room, and he placed the blade at Abel's nape.

*To Abel*

"Arrogant? You ... You have the gall to say I'm arrogant? I do not hide behind my age; I merely point out the fact you wish to prove you, a knight for all you life, are better with a blade than a seventeen year old! And honour ... What good will your honour do you when you're lying in a pool of your own blood, dying? Tell me how your honour will help you then! Only a fool stands to fight when there isn't a chance of victory.
"And you are done with me? Pah! I am done with you, old man!
"You think I accused you? I implied it, fool, but now ... Yes, now I'm accusing you! I vote against you, Abel Amarande!"

VOTE: Abel Amarande
 
(To Alessandro)
"Implication and subtleties are no way for a man to act. Only now dost thou speak thy mind, when thy forked tongue hath failed thee. Put up thy sword before I take it from thee boy. I shall not immediately vote against thee in retaliation thou I may do so at a later point. It remaineth my duty to locate the monsters so watch thy behaviour the rest of this day lest my true wrath come upon thee."

Abel batted away the rapier, chuckling at the flimsy weapon, and strode off.
 
*To Abel*

"You presume to think you can control my behaviour with the threat of your vote?! Now you presume too much, you shambling old man, you pandering sap! It would make no matter if you did ... Unless you had a second vote ... I wonder who that would be!" and with that, Alessandro turned to look pointedly at Erik.
 
Frederik, having listened to the rising discussion, sighed.
To Erik
"Trust will get you nowhere but death. The very man you trust could be one of the very creatures you so hate. He could have been the one to disembowel that poor man." He gestured to brant's prostrate body. Then he realized he still had the kidney in his pocket, so he placed it with the other organs. Then he turned to Abel.
"So. You are the type of person to cast a retaliation vote? And your only defense is cheep insults thrown at your accuser. I think a true human would have a much more solid and less vindictive stance. So, until proven otherwise, I shall show where I stand."

VOTE: Abel Armande
 
*To Frederick*

"You may have a point ... But self-eclected, pompous, self-inflating bas ... No. Well, they get to me. More than is good for me ... Just like my step-father ..."
 
Eriks eye widened with rage as Allessandro pulled his rapier and reaching into his seacoat Erik began to rummage in his pockets. Finally finding what he was looking for Erik pulled out a long barreled Nuln handgun, pointing it at Allessandro head. "If it where up to me I would skip this voting process right now... But unlike you I am not a impulsive child" Erik lowered his pistol
 
*To Erik*

"And doesn't that just show what kind of man you are ... Willing to kill on your whims! You may do well to not trust so easily, Erik,"
 
Frederik rolled his eyes.
to Abel
"Don't lie to me, I know what you said. to quote: "I shall not immediately vote against thee in retaliation thou I may do so at a later point" - at the very least a threat. So think before you speak next time."
To Erik
"CALM YOURSELF! You would pull a gun at a boy? He did not threaten with his sword. It was a defensive of his honor, a response to Abel's threats of violence."
 
Turning to Frederick half smiling "Boy? He is not boy, why when I was his age I had already beaten a man to death with a tankard of ale." Pausing to laugh at this thought Erik continued " So do not tell me that he is to young to be a threat to any of us" Erik slid the gun back into his long sea coat and grabbed some fruit.
 
Frederick nodded appraisingly.
to Erik
"Still, to pull a gun so unprovoked shows how violent and aggressive you are, and especially how little you value human life." Frederik looked thoughtful. "My experience with these creatures shows that they often work in small groups of two or three." He smiled to himself "I shall say no more."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu