VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Lorenzo
"I am Frederick Lubeachefski. I have three votes to my name, one for not believing in trusting each other in this game, and the other two for making a mistake in the first week. Others voted for Gurter too, and in fact just last week many people voted for threeflower, giving far less reason than I did for Gurter."
To All
"I believe that both of these men are vampires [Gesturing to Abel and Erik], working in conjunction. However, the question is, who is the thrall, and who is the master? Earlier I believed the master to be Abel, for the way that Erik would always blindly follow Abel's every decision. However, in light of new information, I believe that Erik is the master. A master vampire would be incredibly cunning. He would never so obviously lead his thrall. The smoke ruse is exactly the sort of thing I would expect."

Vote Withdrawn: Abel Armander
Vote: Erik Stoutberg
 
After Frederick has finished his say, Duality stands up.

(To Frederick)
"What manner of foul player are you? You are either a cunning fiend, a spoiled child or a master manipulator because you change stances and use every imaginable way when trying to sway the decision. You threat, despair, cry, reason and plead so fast that I don't remember which came first and why. My father had a saying: "The emptiest barrels always makes the loudest noise." You cast your vote, but then take it back and throw it against the person who has secondly most votes in an attempt to save yourself. That is some seriously cold calculating from your part.

I will make my decision now: I vote against you Frederick Lubeachefski, because I believe you are one of the fiends hiding amongst us. Let Verena be my guide in this so I will make the right decision."

Vote: Frederick Lubeachefski - Harland
 
(To Duality) "In all fairness, I think it's natural for him to switch a vote to hopefully spare his own life. I don't think self-preservation is a trait that only vampires possess.

I still hold to my vote against Erik. I believe him to be a master manipulator. I do still think there is an unusually tight bond between him and Abel, but I don't cast my vote because of that bond. In our current situation, it makes me cautious about them though. I still believe that it is hard for any of us to trust each other, not knowing who may be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Perhaps it's simply the cynicism of an old man, but I find it very difficult to freely trust a fellow guest who may very well be the very monster we hunt."
 
(To Dr. Viktor)
"But isn't that the case with every bond and every friendship we form during our lives? We take the chance that the person might end up hurting us in the end. We don't know it when we make the decision, but the benefits of having a friend overcomes it. This mad... experiment that our hostess is playing on us, it resembles the same thing happening in a much shorter time span. We struggle to trust each other, but we end up making alliances and even friendships in hopes we don't have to be all alone in the end. Some end up getting more than they had hoped for, some end up being abused for their trust. That's the fundamental flow of life.

The thing that troubles me with Frederick is that he combines two disturbing traits: First he was overconfident, even arrogant and when tables start to turn, he resorts to acts of desperation in pleading and threatening, trying to affect everyone willing to listen in some way. I feel that would be exactly the type of behavior that a being that sees himself superior to us 'cattle' would have."
 
"I personally do not think Frederick changing his vote is a sign of guilt. More likely he is trying to weasel his way out of the predicament he now finds himself in. He has shown himself capable of switching from emotion and attempting to charm some. I think he is more likely a sneaky, shallow snob than a supernatural fiend." said Wihelmina, sweeping a stray strand of her raven black hair away from her face with the back of a gloved hand.

"However, I am not aware of what would happen in the result of a tie. I doubt it will be anything good."
 
*Looking to Frederick as he spoke*

Yes you do have 3 votes and now changing your vote it another calling them a vampire for doing nothing more than having the decency to try to build friendships in this god forsaken place.
It is in my own opinion that you are simply changing your vote as motivation to kill another and save yourself rather than explain your own actions and change peoples minds.
This is not you thinking they are a vampire, its cowardice and you doing nothing more than trying to justify it to ourselves so as to save your own skin.

*Shaking his head in disgust*

You may or may not be one of these fiends but your sure as hell a poor excuse for a man, I still however remain unconvinced your a Vampire and I will not vote to have another die unless I am certain, I can not have that weight on my shoulders but I'm sure as hell you better shape before this day is out or your not going to make it to see another.
 
to all
"I knew that the changing of my vote would cause many to question my motives, and I see why that would be the case. However, for what it's worth, I truly believe that man to be a vampire." He pointed at Erik.
 
*To Frederick.*

"Very well. And I believe the same of you. You've done nothing but cause trouble amongst us, and it seems to me to be a direct attempt on your part to sow dissent. My vote is cast..."

Vote: Frederick Lubeachefski - Harland
 
"Whilst I understand the reasoning for voting for Frederick, and no way disagree with the people who have voted ... It seems far, far too ... Direct and outspoken to be one of these creatures. Just my input; I'm going to stick with my vote for Abel ..."
 
*To Abel*

"I shall not have this discussion again. I have my suspicions about you, and I shall not change my vote. He is directly causing dissent. You are not. I shall not change my vote; you shall not die by my vote, but just because others do not feel the same way, do not feel you can change my gut feeling about you!"
 
"Earlier on this morning I was ready to vote for this person but as the day progressed I was given pause for thought. I ask myself could a vampire be so brash and aroggant in his manner? Surely this would draw attention to himself? However I have decided to trust my inital instincts. For his unexplained voting of Threeflower, his ghoulish "joke" during the Brand zombie body parts search and his constant colluding with the equally suspect Abel and Duality, I vote for him. I hope I have chosen wisely."

Vote - Erik Stoutberg
 
[mod]Users should still be able to post "going to bed actions".

Any further votes or discussion will not be allowed.

Thread unlocked.[/mod]

"Eyes gonna go to bed now. I don't wanna have ta watch anymore peoples gettin killed. Guess we el sees who waz right in the mornin... "

With that, Lorenzo refilled his flask and started toward his room.

"g'night all."
 
Death Scene written by Harland

The sound of high heels clicking on white marble sounded through the hall, and everyone fell silent. Frederick Gustave Lubeachefski, who had been facing away from the staircase in a heated argument with Abel and The Masque, turned slowly to see Ivana making her slow, inexorable way towards him, her breasts looking ready to explode out of her corset and break into a song and dance routine. His face was impassive, but hers seemed to glow with glee.
“Your judgement has come, beast. Now you will pay for Gurter’s death,” Erik said.
Frederik snarled, and whipped round, grabbing Erik by the throat and lifting him into the air with inhuman ease.
“If I’m going to die,” he hissed, fangs fully bared, “You are going to die with me.” Suddenly he jerked forwards, dropping Erik onto the floor. As Abel withdrew his sword from Frederick’s body, the vampire laughed. “Your blades cannot harm me!” He roared, and swiped at the bretonnian, but he was too late. Abel’s sword slid through Frederick’s neck, and the body stumbled to the floor. His head rolled in an arc before coming to a stop, face still twisted in violent rage.
“May thee eternally suffer for thy misdoings, devil,” Abel said, and spat at Frederik’s body. He sheathed his sword.
Ivana giggled. “Looks like you don’t need me to do the killing. But at least you made the right choice for once!” And with that, she strode back up the stairs. “Have a wonderful evening!”

[mod]Frederick Gustave Lubeachefski has been revealed to be a vampire - well done!

Two vampires killed, but how many more remain?

The night is now in effect.[/mod]
 
The Masque stepped back from the carnage, glancing at both Abel and Erik in turn. For a moment, she stood there in stunned silence, unable to take in the gravity of what had just occurred.

"We...got one...."
 
Erik rubbed his neck slowly before bowing to Abel "I owe you my life sir." Then leaning close to Fredericks corpse "We won this round beast"

Standing up and walking to the table for some fruit Erik turned to the room "This night as been hard on me, so if you do not mind I will be heading off to bed"
 
*Wide eyed in shock*

Well that was unexpected....
Looks like even being an immortal monster can not make you a good actor either.


*Grin spread wide across his face an old twinkle in his eye*

I do believe when we get out of here I owe you a drink Abel. *clapping his hand on his shoulder*
Good show.

So they can be killed it seems... if you take off the head.
Going back to what was said earlier, these monsters are not as powerful as our host it seems, taking that into account shall we re evaluate the merits of staying in groups?




Either way, tonight we can sleep a bit easier but we must still be cautious.

*Heading off to bed with a noticeably brighter outlook he closed his door before sounds of scraping filled the hall as furniture was shoved up against the door way*
 
Abel fell to his knees and whispered a prayer of thanks to the Lady of the Lake.
"Thank thee, Dearest Lady, for granting me strength and guiding my blade to destroy this monster."

He stood and turned to Erik.
"Thou owest me nothing. I would be a poor friend indeed if I kept such a ledger. It seemeth me that we have proven the value of our bond of friendship. Now I believe I should rest. The destruction of this demon coupled with my previous lack of sleep art beginning to take a toll."
 
"Well ... It appears that you lot were correct. Well done ... " Alessandro stated, and then turned and promptly strode off to his room. The unmistakeable sounds of furniture being dragged across the room reverberated through the corridors
 
"Unbelivable!" cried a shocked Wilhelmina at the events that had just unfolded "How did I not see that coming?" she muttered as she headed off to her room.
 
(To Erik and Abel) "It seems I may have been mistaken about you both. This has been a trying day for all of us, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed as well."

The doctor takes the bottle of wine he had been drinking from and enters his room. Again, the unmistakable sound of furniture being moved can be heard within.
 
(To Abel and Erik)

"I thank you both brave sirs for confronting this vile beast and exposing him to us. It was a really close call, but we finally managed to make the right decision. But I think this is all too much for me, I need to get some sleep. I believe I will let Michael run things from now on, as his wits will serve us all better than my clumsy reasoning.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go get some rest if I can."

Duality curtseys to the vampire slayer, and makes way to her bedchamber.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu