Carlos stared at Duality during his show, silent, seated, arms and legs crossed, his face still. When he finished he focused his attention on Isaac's speech.
When he spoke, his voice was serious, without a hint of emotion:
"You are saying that the only three people that you trust are The Masque," he tilted his head towards her, "Erik and Abel. Considering that she is the only one alive, it would seem that your reasoning would lead you to vote the same way as her did, yet you do not." He paused for a moment and continued "You also said that you are, and have been, genuinely scared of the multiple personalities inside the jester's body."
He made a dramatic pause in his speech:
"Yet... when it comes to casting the vote, you do cast it against me. For what reason?" He stared at him intently. "Please, at least tell me, because honestly I don't know."
He adressed Duality:
"So, you think that The Masque and me are allies, yet I could say the same of you and Isaac, or Ysolda."
And he adressed the crowd:
"It is difficult for me to understand the reasons of Ysolda and Isaac's votes against myself, if in the last case there are any. Only Alessandro has to speak yet. His vote could well unbalance this tie."
Now, turning to the Doctor:
"I will not try to bribe you, doctor, as our fellow seems to wish... however, I will leave you this thought:" he spoke to the Doctor but his voice could be heard by all the crowd:
"When today I cast my vote, I did it knowing what I was doing, as I said. I did it, knowing that, given a tie between me and Duality, I would not be able to change it to unbalance the tie..." He pointed at Duality "Not like this man, who did exactly this in order to save his skin yesterday. Do you remember? At the last moment he withdrew his vote against Lorenzo and voted against Kristof, and with what result?" He let the implications hang in the air.
He finished, adressing Isaac
"I do remember that when Duality did this, you were very surprised..."
[Edited due to: spelling]
When he spoke, his voice was serious, without a hint of emotion:
"You are saying that the only three people that you trust are The Masque," he tilted his head towards her, "Erik and Abel. Considering that she is the only one alive, it would seem that your reasoning would lead you to vote the same way as her did, yet you do not." He paused for a moment and continued "You also said that you are, and have been, genuinely scared of the multiple personalities inside the jester's body."
He made a dramatic pause in his speech:
"Yet... when it comes to casting the vote, you do cast it against me. For what reason?" He stared at him intently. "Please, at least tell me, because honestly I don't know."
He adressed Duality:
"So, you think that The Masque and me are allies, yet I could say the same of you and Isaac, or Ysolda."
And he adressed the crowd:
"It is difficult for me to understand the reasons of Ysolda and Isaac's votes against myself, if in the last case there are any. Only Alessandro has to speak yet. His vote could well unbalance this tie."
Now, turning to the Doctor:
"I will not try to bribe you, doctor, as our fellow seems to wish... however, I will leave you this thought:" he spoke to the Doctor but his voice could be heard by all the crowd:
"When today I cast my vote, I did it knowing what I was doing, as I said. I did it, knowing that, given a tie between me and Duality, I would not be able to change it to unbalance the tie..." He pointed at Duality "Not like this man, who did exactly this in order to save his skin yesterday. Do you remember? At the last moment he withdrew his vote against Lorenzo and voted against Kristof, and with what result?" He let the implications hang in the air.
He finished, adressing Isaac
"I do remember that when Duality did this, you were very surprised..."
[Edited due to: spelling]