VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - OOC Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I must confess, I never personally wrote any death scenes, although I did come up with a few ideas for DoN to incorporate into the gruesome details! Like Erik's coin that Duality kept twirling around, that was my idea, as was the inscription on the wall over Von Ungeheuer's corpse.

@DDM

Also, I kinda suspected that you and Zephyr were the lovers. There was one point where you requested that I change my vote to somebody who was throwing out an accusation at her, and I put two and two together. Still, quite like the idea of a vampire protecting his human bride with a few well-placed murders. :konrad:

/edit: And oh yes, in case any of you noticed, DoN gave us both a "tell," in that we couldn't actually partake of any food. If you were watching closely, you'd see that the Masque only ever took fruit and put it into her pocket, never actually eating it in front of anyone!

/edit2: Lol, ninja'd spiny with an edit!
 
What was your tell? I was shooting blind... ours was mild instability/insanity, though I didn't have much chance to show it off, no-one argued with or insulted me, so...
 
I couldn't say we were lovers, I just had to talk business and hope you realized without me saying. xD

I kept getting food but I never ate it, I just drank the entire time.... piety I never tried that lovely wine.... DoN kept the good stuff away from me again. :innocent:

We could eat no food.

Hey in all this I think I am the big winner.
Only Immortal guy in a room full of beautiful naked Vampire women.....
Yes one is my sister but everything gets a little murky after death, Technically its already necrophilia depending on where you stand so whats a little incest added into the mix? :perv:
 
Lol, damn bad timing to stop.
Ironic that Ysolda out of everyone had both sides trying to protect her even though she was the witch hunter who had a vampire lover....
Arrrrrggh!..... Secret relationships, inside plots, inside Waring factions, inside mob politics all wrapped around our porn addicted host.... My brain hurts....

And a quick edit to say....
I Killed Abel.... :innocent:
 
Yeah I was kicking myself. Protected him for the first three nights. He kills Harland and in my mind I am like "Well I am dead tonight so might as well try someone else" and BOOM dead abel....

Also can someone please explain the coin to me? I still do not get it.
 
Ah, Johnny, I thought you were the unwilling minion!

You know, hearing about your tell makes me think I should have thought independently a bit... basically what I did was just wait for Harland to say 'make this person dead' and then I did my best to make it happen...
 
Wow! I was merely a human, but it's fun to get the honorable mention in the end credits. :lol:

I suspected the Masque all along with the fruit picking and stuff. I just noticed that it was increasingly hard for me to affect the crowd, or at least them who were still human. I assumed that the situation at it's worst was that the vampires voted for me and the humans voted against me. Somehow I became the target for the humans, it had some insane psychology twists in it too, considering I was a mortal too. xD

Initially I couldn't decide which archetype of the two I would like to play, the gallant old knight or the (almost)innocent young noble woman. Then I came up with the fluff how I could play them both and then some.

This was a very entertaining game. I'm a bit sad that my character died, but then again I think he(she/they) made quite an impact on the game overall and after reading the OOC-thread, Duality has even influenced someone's RL thoughts. That was really all the credit I could've hoped for, thank you all.

:thumbsup:
 
This really played out well. First to go...
I was going to have Gurter howling each night. Anyone checking out his stuff would have uncovered several werewolf signs. Also, at the end I was going to put in a request for a werewolf rescue squad - if we'd won, that is...
 
Johnny-Crass said:
Yeah I was kicking myself. Protected him for the first three nights. He kills Harland and in my mind I am like "Well I am dead tonight so might as well try someone else" and BOOM dead abel....

Also can someone please explain the coin to me? I still do not get it.

Well, it was sort of a half-hearted attempt to shift blame to Bishop's character, who was a merchant, but he didn't really post often enough to be all that high profile. In the end, I merely hoped that it would provide you all with a false trail to keep you guys from suspecting me or Christof.

Also, I totally thought that you were the Witch Hunter, Johnny! After you guessed that we were a male and a female, I assumed that you had figured out who we were, but didn't want to make your opinions public yet. So as a result, you had to die. xD

DDM and I also enjoyed killing a person who spoke vehemently out against someone else in the middle of the night to make others more suspicious of them. I was careful never to assassinate someone who pointed a finger at me immediately, as it would only make me more suspicious.
 
As you can see we were crafty sods the entire way through.
We made it a point not to mingle as well where it could be helped.

Only time I did was when someone said they leaped out a window and into the woods away from dire wolves which made Johnny suspicious.:innocent:
 
Thanks Johnny! I knew Erik could be trusted, just didnt know how much he had my back! Great Angel-ing.

This was a great game. I have followed the whole thing loving every minute. I figured I would die after killing a vampire but even after death I checked this thread multiple times a day. I am looking forward to participating in the next VAU. Gotta try and make it to the end next time.

Well played everyone.

Edit: @DDM Grrr... :)
 
Quite the finale and an enjoyable game all around!

After DDM changed his vote at the last minute, a warning flag shot up in my brain but I didn't last long afterwards anyhow. While I noted the Masque's habit of storing food, I dismissed it out of hand as being too obvious. I certainly over-analyzed everything and gained some serious in-game paranoia.

I look forward to the next one.
 
I did not notice Masques thing at all because all I was doing was consuming fruit. Honestly when I made my accusations I forgot that the Masque was a woman at all. I thought it was Ysolda but I knew if Erik turned on the only friend he had left it would look beyond suspicious.

Also was the pipe to frame me or just mock the group?
 
It was to frame you, to be honest, although it honestly turned into something much cooler than that! The pipe was so obvious that it brought into question whether or not it was a double-bluff, and you had planted it there yourself to seem innocent. I was quite a fan of the psychology of it all.
 
I know if I had been the Vampire I would of planted it as a double bluff. Did not suspect DDM at all, he was way to friendly so I just kind of ignored him:slapface:.
 
That's kinda how u_m played it in the last game. His character was just so...likable. It was a complete shock to me in the end when he turned out to be a vampire! I suppose it's always the polite ones that get you...
 
Well...that wasn't a fun ending for me or Allessandro at all =(

And yes, my gang and I are really trying to piece together a real life version of this game if anyone would like to help. Seeing as we'd use my house for it, I'm assuming that I get to be the big bad vamp :devil2:
 
Nelganis said:
Well...that wasn't a fun ending for me or Allessandro at all =(

And yes, my gang and I are really trying to piece together a real life version of this game if anyone would like to help. Seeing as we'd use my house for it, I'm assuming that I get to be the big bad vamp :devil2:

Nelganis, you have obviously never heard of the party game called "mafia" :P The VAU is a simple re-flavouring of a pretty well known game. There are many many variants to it, but the core of the rules is always the same. Have a wikipedia article on the game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game).
All you would have to do is to enhance it with a bit of fun in between the rounds like the VAU does and you have your game. I used to play a ton of mafia back when i was in school (there was about a month where every single spare moment of time we played either mafia or another game, Mao. We even had a card game variant so there was no need for a GM like DoN. How big is your group though as the game becomes a little boring without at least 8 people.
 
Ahh the amount of times in that I had spoken against people and not voted.
Most the time I spent looking worn out cultivating trust and helping others whilst not aligning myself to any one group.
If you notice every time I spoke against or voted for a person they are the ones who ended up dying. :innocent:
I was the trust worthy guy that mad good points, the Mask of Death had people suspicious right from the offset just for being that character which I can understand.

I don't think either of us expected it to work with the pipe, it was just a nice piece.

AT the end when I changed my vote I killed off 2 characters at the same time I spoke out against, the good doctor among them.
I knew it was the first open risk but it would leave 6 people remaining.

Myself and my Vampire friend, my lover, an insane jester, a quiet players and another who had been absent.
I was confident I could control the vote at that point.
The only reason though I god rid of someone other than duality was because I like his character and wanted to see him reach the end.
 
Well, I guess the vamps' gotta have their turn to win. This one's the 4th(not counting CJ666's, because it never took off), the previous two were won by the humans and the very first one was won by the vampires so I reckon it makes things even.

Pity I couldn't take part in this one, I had fun the last time round with Der Fuhrer trying to keep a prime target alive. And there's the fact that pretty much everyone is on the other side of the world, so I wake up to find that 8 pages of posts have magically sprouted up like mushrooms while I slept :mad2:
 
Aha now I finally understand why my character lived for as long as she did! I had an inkling Christof was a vamp but being lovers I couldn't do anything about that anyway.
Being a witch hunter was fun but really hard as I didn't want to ruin it by killing an innocent. It was my first VAU so I was perhaps too careful and reactive instead of going for it. Lesson learned. At least Ysolda and Christof are together...forever LOL!

I investigated so many humans it wasn't funny, much to the credit of the vamps. The Masque was next on my list...

Raizi as long as I live I will never ever forget Duality.
Also well played all others, I really enjoyed playing/interacting with your chars.

Last but not least, kudos to DoN and his perverted mind! Gruesome death scenes and some very kinky moments. What more could we ask?
Also thanks to the vamps for thinking up some deaths. Remind me to never piss you guys off!
 
If your lover is a vampire he would never harm you either way, its the one person you can depend on to have your back and kill the folks you give you crap..... No one disses my girl. :devil2:
Forever and you still win, plus the great promise of ever lasting beauty and unbelievable se..... satsumas... :redface:


Surprised you found the other group but not one in ours with the RP going to so long.
Well as long as you did not investigate the dwarf. :thumbsup:
 
Apparently I've never heard of this "Mafia" game before...Seriously, I've never seen it or heard of it before xD

BUT we'll see how my own version of it goes once it happens this summer :thumbsup:

Also, we are expecting around 20ish people to attend
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu