• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Cast your vote!

• 1. Nagash Worshipper : "Dieter Helsnicht, Mortarch of Death"

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 2. Mioum : "Necrosphinx"

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 3. Borgnine : "Undead Stegadon"

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 4. Theerteen : "Terrorgheist"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
It's voting time!

We are voting for the best 'Undead Monster' themed models. Everyone (and that really means everyone, not just entrants and subscribers) has one vote.

This poll closes five days from now, that is on Saturday, December the 7th, at about 09:00 PM GMT

Subscribers who get notifications about the voting:
@robtion
@Adam_Barrow
@Eyeless
@Mad 'At
@Azakael
@Shadespyre
@Farmer7574
@Devour the Cabbage
@Nikos
@Leithel
@Mioum
@Angie
@Sessioni
@Pigbones
@Raizi
@Nagash Worshiper
@Unas the slayer
@edwardvlad
@Theerteen

CONTESTANTS:

1. @Nagash Worshiper : "Dieter Helsnicht, Mortarch of Death"

2. @Mioum : "Necrosphinx"

UxAeffS.jpg

73cojNq.jpg

QtKDpPb.jpg

3. @Borgnine : "Undead Stegadon"

By7KoIG.jpg

4. @Theerteen : "Terrorgheist"

1QqnveS.jpg

fW0rJ72.jpg

LnoZxGJ.jpg

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Went with Helsnicht. It came down to his palette choice in the end. That model looks like a real horror movie to me, and I'm about that.

Great gribblies all, though! It took a minute of hunting to find where you would use your army's green, Mioum. Looks amazing. And 13, your TBat came along! Can't wait to see the base. Borgnine, that dinosaur is bad ass. Favorite touch is the bat hip hugger.

Awesome job, everybody!

Reactions: Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Thanks for the vote @Adam_Barrow :)

My vote went to @Borgnine I just love all the details on that beast and all the dino-riders. An amazing job.

@Mioum you'e done an incredible paintjob and I had a realy hard time deciding. Wish I had a second vote!

@Theerteen Even though it's not completely finished it' a beautiful piece of work! Very dark and sinister, might make my own one of these days ;)

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
I'm going to give a mini-detailed review of the entries, exclusively based on my own tastes.

@Nagash Worshiper
a beautiful model, i especially like the rising skeletons, it gives the impression of the dead that raise with the passing of the flying chimera, while Helsnicht calls them to an unlife of servitude.
I have appreciated the details of the skulls with the tome and scrolls, and the skeleton that holds a lance...which is the flying stand of the chimera.

@Mioum
a Necrosphinx that's better than the original model (that i don't like too much, while this one would truly have a place of honor in my army. Do you sell it? xD).
It's elegant in its simplicity, really nice the gold and the bright effects with the blackness of the stone, which fit perfectly the TK theme. Love it.

@Borgnine
as usual, an amazing work, with great attention to details.
I generally don't love the "darkness" of your compositions, and personally I'm not fond of the gory zombies mob. I would have liked to have just an important character riding such a beast, leaving just that wonderful banner, because as it is, it seems "too rich" with things. But the details of the stegadon are impressive, the wrecked side of the face, the trophies, the rat... even if the model (in its entirety) is not my favorite, the overall quality is stunning, so I think that in the end you will have my vote. Still not 100% sure (see below)

@Theerteen
It's a paradox that i like your TG more than the stegadon. It's simple, it's beautiful colored and the mud pool seems so real...there's not even the rider, we have the undead version of an untamed, wild monster.
There's literally nothing that I don't like of it.

Seriously guys, I'm temped to don't give any vote, just because i love all the entries.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
After a fair bit of thought I gave my vote to @Borgnine for his mob of zombies riding the dinosaur. This one was a very tricky decision due to the awesomeness of everyone's work all round.

Superb work as always, chaps.

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
Great entries everyone. Mine is still barely half converted, I had too much stuff going on currently to get it done in time.

@Borgnine really outdid himself this time. An undead Dino rider?! Wow! So much to look at. I love the excessively florid, shambling, behemoth! Everywhere you look there is another cool detail to see. Bravo! :thumbsup: :bowdown: ;)​

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I voted for @Mioum because that Necrosphinx is so sharp it could cut stone! I love the limited color palette with only the gems breaking that :thumbsup: Dieter is also great, @Adam_Barrow described him perfectly as 'a real horror movie' - and that muddy, dirty filthy Terrorgheist from @Theerteen is also a great plasure to look at :)

Also, thanks for all the votes and comments! I especially like that review of @Unas the slayer - all the things that you disliked about it - the darkness, the 'too rich' aspect, that's all the things I strive for in my compositions! Them being noticed, even if not positively, means a lot to me :) The 'excessively florid' comment from @robtion is also very neat ;)

----------------------

Now, the next topic... I don't actually have a strong idea for it, maybe you people have some good ones? If not, I can still use the 'Heavy Metal' one I wanted to use long time ago...

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Congrats to @Borgnine for the win, your entry got my vote, paint and conversion work is top notch, great model :D

I don't know what game system you are playing, if any, but that's a nice count-as Warsphinx for a Undead Legion army!

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Congrats @Borgnine a well deserved win for sure! I think you should just pick the theme you've considered. If I would hint at any themes I'm probably going to be biased towards my own projects ;)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Mioum If I ever get to play again it'll be probably 8th edition WFB - and I actually never realized how well this works for a Warsphinx! Thanks! Right now it's just a big and fancy zombie filler ;)

@Nagash Worshiper Thanks! I think so too, that this will be the most appropriate course of action - in worst case I'll be the sole participant in the comp and I'll have the next chance in two months ;)

@Theerteen then you should have proposed it when it was your turn ;P I'm way too prude for that ;)

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu