Warhammer vampire novels?

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
If they aren't available on the website, I would try e-bay. I don't know if they've been written in Swedish however.

I have the Vampire Genevieve series which includes the novels;
-Drachenfels
-Genevieve Undead
-Beasts in Velvet
-Silver Nails

There is also a series involving a vampire nmaed Ulrika which is more recent. The Felix and Gotrek series includes the novel Vampire Slayer where they go up against Mannfred.

And of course, there is the Vampire Wars trilogy which focuses on our army.
 
Thank you! :)

Do you know where I can find the Vampire Wars? they are out of stock on the black library
 
Do you mind reading them in ebook form?

Otherwise there is a fairly long and impressive list of vampire books but...yes, most are in english.
 
1)Gotrek & Felix 06 - VampireSlayer
- This book was very lovely as it jumped to the vampires viewpoint very often and it is very entertaining to read how he views the world and everyone in it.

2) Ulrika The Vampire.
- Three books: Bloodborn, Bloodforged and Bloodsworn.
I would personally dare to recommend you give these a shot. They do show the good and bad sides of Lahmian vampires quite well! You should however do yourself a favor and read Vampireslayer first to get the story a bit better.

3) Gotrek & Felix 09 - Manslayer
- Lahmian vampires play a fairly major role in this book and you also find out what has happened to Ulrika. The story takes place around 19 years -AFTER- Bloodsowrn. So there is an annoying gap that you have to use your own fantasy for.

Now! I named those three due to Ulrika/Lahmians. Moving on to the very wonderful Neferata <3!

1) Nagash the Immortal ( third book ).
- This book is a wonderful read as it literally goes back to the very, VERY beginning of the vampires and goes into great detail on how they came to be. A lot of lore on all of the first Vampires. This book also casts most of them in a much, MUCH more positive light then what we usually get in the army books that makes them out to be ...well almost mad tyrants.

2) Neferata
- I loved this book. It was a very, very wonderful read ( for me ) and it completely sold me on Lahmians. It also explains quite well why most of the Lahmians are female and why Neferata has a strong dislike towards males. The reasons are of course a lot better then what they where before. Ksh, husband running off to Nagash, lame I say!

3) Master of Mourkain
-The vampire Ushoran embarks upon a quest to retrieve the Great Necromancer’s crown from Kadon, the deadly Master of Mourkain.

Now moving to something else! the stupid Von's ;_;

1) Vampire wars
- Three books + one short story. Inheritance, Dominion and Retribution. The short story is Death's cold kiss.
I can not really recommend them myself. I got through around half of the first book and while Vlad is quite the interesting character...well the book has not just sucked me in yet. I will of course eventually go through them all.


Anddd movinggg onto something many seem to recommend!

1) The Vampire Genevieve
-Four books! Drachenfels, Genevieve Undead, Beasts in Velvet and Silver nails.
Ugh, this is a bit tricky to comment on. Many recommend these and I believe the second book I have somewhat read a long time ago. Heck I think it was the first Warhammer vampire book I got my hands on andddd.... It nearly put me off warhammer. The books are quite old and the lore has been changed/improved quite a bit over the years so if you do get these books, expect to find certain wierdness. Still, from what I hear Genvieve is a very strong female character and that is always a huge plus.


And moving to random story's I know about but have yet to read.

1) Ancient Blood ( by Robert earl)
2) Curse of the Necrach ( by Steven Savile)
3) Portrait of my undying lady ( short story, read this, pretty entertaining).
4) The Vampire hunters.
5) Three Knights.

Also Vampires (lahmians) make appearances in at least one Warhammer comic. The one I know top of my head is Forge Of War ( SECOND one, not first) BUT IT IS COMPLETE RUBBISH X)

lahmian-nuns2.webp
 
I have read that the Warhammer Roleplay supplement for Vampires is full of nothing but fluff and gets down into the cracks of vampire history for all the bloodlines. It's also very expensive.

511S995E2QL._SL500_AA300_.webp
 
I read that, was not too impressed! I should still add all the rpg books to the list, blerh.

Edit! Wait! Confused it with liber necrotics, I still want the night of the dark masters!
...Or...krh...ah...I need to go home and see what I have xD
 
Shareya said:
I read that, was not too impressed! I should still add all the rpg books to the list, blerh.

Edit! Wait! Confused it with liber necrotics, I still want the night of the dark masters!
...Or...krh...ah...I need to go home and see what I have xD


We used to sell the WHFRP books out of the comic shop I worked at for 50% off because NO ONE played it. I looked that Vamp book up on Amazon and it's $180 to start.

This is like when I gave my neighbor gal my entire Walking Dead 1-48 collection a few years before the show landed......:slapface:
 
Tomfoolery said:
Shareya said:
I read that, was not too impressed! I should still add all the rpg books to the list, blerh.

Edit! Wait! Confused it with liber necrotics, I still want the night of the dark masters!
...Or...krh...ah...I need to go home and see what I have xD


We used to sell the WHFRP books out of the comic shop I worked at for 50% off because NO ONE played it. I looked that Vamp book up on Amazon and it's $180 to start.

This is like when I gave my neighbor gal my entire Walking Dead 1-48 collection a few years before the show landed......:slapface:

Yeah the pricing is quite...retarded.
 
Yes, I looked up Night's Dark Masters on Amazon's UK site, and it was also extremely expensive, well out of my price range, which was immensely disappointing.

I still have my copy of Nefarate sat on my desk waiting to be read, but I can't summon up the desire to read it at the moment.
 
Vampire Wars is what it says on the can...but while not revealing much on lore it is a great read, read it 5 times and it still doesn't bore me. That is, if you can get over the fact that it is SOOOOOOOOO very generic, if you have the armybook then you know the story, Empire is brought low by Vlad but then they press the instawin button, Konrad doesn't really do anything and Mannfred nearly destroys the empire but they press the insta-win button.

Vlad is hands down my favourite character, he even has his own Vampire theology thing going on where he speculates on Vampires having souls, all good stuff.


Annoyingly I can't find many books about Necrachs, which are my favourite bloodline, anyone any suggestions (in English or Polish)?
 
Curse of the Necrach

Also I read bits and pieces of the third Vampire book, think the guy got screwed over by his own people messing the alliance he made with the Lahmians.
 
Ermmm.....not to give the game away...there is this vampire who is all about rainbows and goodness and tries to foil Mannfred's plans (by messing with the alliance) so it isn't Mannie's fault really. Also the Grand Theogonist bringing out one of Nagash's books and dispelling Mannfreds WHOLE ARMY is simply OP, instawin. Cowardly empire, messing with dark magic that is rightfully ours *grumblegrumblegrumble.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu