Who is your favourite character background-wise?

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Aww, think my post got deleted, where I was pointing to another extremely overused phrase in the book...
 
In terms of the Vampire Counts, it has to be Walach. His background was very interesting, and clearly showed how the Blood Dragons still have a code of honour, in spite of their vampiric status.

As far as other races are concerned, Thyrus Gormann, the former Supreme Patriarch would be my favourite. I always did have a bit of thing for fire magic ;).
 
I'd go with Vlad Von Carstein, he's just awesome, especially his introduction in the Vampire Wars. Him and Mannfred are pretty much why i started to play VC.

there's alot of other cool characters in warhammer as well, Tyrion,Teclis,Malekith etc
 
I find increasingly hard to like dark elf characters because they're just delusional. The whole reason for their existence is because Malekith didn't get to sit upon a throne and because Morathi decided to ruin everything with introducing Slaanesh into the mix. This makes it very hard to feel anything but pity and/or contempt for them. Also, the sorceresses thing of 'controlling chaos'... Yeah, because that has worked so well in the past :slapface: They really are the over the top hollywood villian or warhammer.

For me though, it is Abhorash. You all know his story. He's got a rich story before he turned, he went through a great deal, both physical and mental in nature.

There are of course others which stand out. I am rather fond of the Strigoi background but it is the nature of the bloodline rather than any particular character that interest me there, same with the Necrarch bloodline.
 
I day sare Mannfred, the Red Duke (who i shamelessly used in my story). From the other books I'll vote for Festus - Warriors of Chaos - (too bad he didn't get more attention), a good example of how a good man could fall to be the exact opposite.

I also like Korhil (Captain of the White Lions), The Green Knight (Bretonnia) and Orion & Ariel from the Wood Elves Army book. From our neighborhood friendly dinosaur army I like the Super Skink Priest.. I forget his name and the Terradon rider Skink Chief (Tetto'eko, I think).

Had not the Vampires drawn me in I would have started Brettonia, Lizards or Wood Elves.
 
Can i claim Constant Drachenfels? he isnt really a character in any of the games, but he would positively be my favourite villain that the warhammer world has created. And im all for the villains background wise :P
If Drachenfels is out of the picture then i would have to say Mr Darkblade.

On the good side of things i would say probably the green knight or the lady of the lake for their rich background and there is little that agrevates me about them, perhaps because they are so shrouded in mystery and dont really have personalities to annoy me.

On the vampire side of things it would definately be vlad, again for the mystery, the power he had and the change he brought over the lands of the empire. The rest of the vampire wars were just immitations of his successes.
 
Vampy-Wise it's certainly W'soran, greatest of the Vampiric Magi.

Out of all the races I have to say it's either Thyrus Gormann or Balthazar Gelt, two of the most powerful human wizards in the known world.
I'm not sure which of the two I prefer, where Gormann's got mastery of Pyromancy and is a close ally of Franz and the Imperial Court, also no doubt he has a respectable skill with a sword and other military aspects seeing as how the Bright College is ran in a Military Fashion.

Balthazar on the other hand is likely the more intelligent being a young prodigy and the current Supreme Patriarch.

I'd like GW to release info on the other Patriarch's, they're pretty important people afterall.
And the info we have is completely outdated (seeing as how, if I remember properly, there was a Halfling which is impossible as the colleges only consist of Human's now).

I'd also like to know more about Volan, the first Supreme Patriarch who recieved training from the Elven Archmagi themselves.


I just generally love the Colleges of Magic, I think it's their organisation and the Human races limitations in the Arcane that makes them fascinating.
 
Cheers GoW - yes I knew most of that from the novel itself, but it was interesting to see it all laid out like that.

You would have thought such a powerful character would have been reference by GW in other fluff by now.
 
Disciple of Nagash said:
Cheers GoW - yes I knew most of that from the novel itself, but it was interesting to see it all laid out like that.

You would have thought such a powerful character would have been reference by GW in other fluff by now.

He also seemed like an early, less fleshed out, Nagash copy from those old books.
 
Get of W said:
Disciple of Nagash said:
Cheers GoW - yes I knew most of that from the novel itself, but it was interesting to see it all laid out like that.

You would have thought such a powerful character would have been reference by GW in other fluff by now.

He also seemed like an early, less fleshed out, Nagash copy from those old books.

I wouldnt say he is a nagash copy, Nagash uses his excessive power for his dreams of world domination. Draachenfels is horribly evil, but uses his excessive power when he wants to, which a lot of the tie he either doesnt want to, or sets up massive long term schemes, like giving away all his wealth, becoming friends of the Imperial court, inviting them round for dinner then paralysing them witha feast laid before them.
He is quite similar to Nagash at times, fluff wise, he was around During the time of Drakes according to himself. He is a daemonologist as well, which makes another difference between him and Nagash.

One would think he hasbnt been referenced elsewhere due to the fact that he isnt an official character, though i would very much like him to be xD
 
Yes looking at the two Nagash and Drachenfels are quite different.

From Nagash's history, he is ruthless and will do anything to get what he wants or thinks he is deserved, however I think Drachenfels just likes to inflict pain and suffering. Nagash's main drive is to kill everyone else so there is no one left to kill him.
 
I only meant in the sense of them both being evil immortal mages of almost unimaginable power.

I agree on his character status though, he probably isn't recognised as an offical character.
 
Knightofni said:
And there are a number of annoying repetitions; just like readers of the von Carstein trilogy got sick of reading the words 'the beast within', I got sick of reading 'one-tonne war beast' or 'back-handed slash'.

If you loved those, keep an eye out for a word in The Red Duke novel. Anything undead is almost always described as "malignant". You'd see that word less-used in a thesis on cancerous tumors!
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu