• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darknesseternal

Varghulf
Aug 15, 2007
Melbourne
I'd still like to see what exactly it states in the Chaos army book.. the BRB is clear that fleeing units don't generate dispel dice, so the description/rules for the Mark of Khorne will need to state something concrete that overrules that.

Aeschere

Grave Guard
Jan 5, 2008
Utrecht
Well I have just asked someone to look it up for me and according to her it says on page 47 of the Hordes of Chaos book:

"Regiment of Khorne 45 points
Subject to Frenzy. Ridden creatures do not get an additional attack if their riders are frenzied. It's presence on the battlefield adds one dice to the player's dispel dice pile"

So it looks that just being there is good enough to grant a dispel dice, doesn't really matter if they are fleeing or not.

darknesseternal

Varghulf
Aug 15, 2007
Melbourne
Cool. Fleeing would still be a 'presence' on the battlefield, so as long as they remain on the table, they would contribute according to that. I think the rules for frenzy have changed slightly about the ridden creatures part not getting the additional attack, but that would be another discussion.

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
I thought the rules only said fleeing Wizards, not fleeing models? Oh well either way the army book overrides the rulebook... and Mark stills gets his dispel dice. No complaints!

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Its a very common misconception with the mark of Khorne, the model unit does not generate dispel dice, the fact is the army just gains addition dispel dice as long as the unit remains on the table.

Its has nothing to do with going with or against character army, it simply represents that armies of khorne are protected from magic by their god (and obviously the stronger the presence of khorne worshipers the more protection he will offer.

Belladamma Voltaire

Vyrkos Primogen
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Manchester, UK
Locked. This argument went on for long enough and thats exactly what it devolved into; an argument. Until the new book comes out further discussion on the matter is null and void and as such, all topics around the matter will be closed forthwith. This is the administrations policy on this matter!

- Voltaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu