WK BSB in Unit of Crypt Horrors?

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

GhoulKing505

Grave Guard
Mar 21, 2011
211
Zombies
169
What I'm thinking of is putting a wight king BSB with the razor standard in a unit of crypt horrors, possibly even a horde of them. This would give them some serious killing power even though they already have tons.

Would you consider this why or why not? Any input is much appreciated.
 
I wouldn't because it slows the unit down to Move 4, which maybe isn't a big deal but it slows an otherwise very mobile anvil unit. The other concern is Look Out Sir rolls, or the lack there of. If your meta-game is light on templates/warmachines then maybe, just not sure if its worth the risk.

Maybe put him on horseback? It would improve the BSB's armor save considerably and you're not getting the LoS anyway.


Pyre
 
Why not put him in a unit grave guard with sword and board to same effect? You WK will be more protected vs shooting in the nit too. Maybe I'm biased to grave guards since I like them better.

I wouldn't do it because the WK can be picked of with shooting/magic.
I could imagine vs certain armies its a good idea(bretonias others?).
If anything though, don't depend on a (magic item) trick to work because it's easy to avoid or kill or stall.
 
I actually hadn't thought of mounting him. That's a really good idea. I think I will definitely be trying it and seeing what happens. If I like it then I might run it in some lists. If not then I don't lose much.

I stopped liking GG when crypt horrors came out. Plus the fact that I love sword and board GG but they just aren't as useful as they used to be. Ever since 8th edition began great weapons seem to be the way to go on any unit that can take them.

I could see it working against lizardmen which is generally who I end up playing. It would even work against elves both high and dark as well as warriors and daemons of chaos. The only armies I don't see it working against are ogres, empire, and dwarfs and luckily there aren't that many people who play these armies who regularly play at the store I play at.
 
forever_alone said:
the WK BSB is on a infantry base, are you sure it can join the monstrous infantry base that crypt horrors are on? :devil2:

Characters can join infantry, cavalry, monsterous infantry and I think monsterous calv
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu