Zombie Pirates

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Rorschach

Ghoul
May 9, 2010
146
Zombies
120
I thought it would be funny to field a small number of zombie pirates along with the rest of my army so I bought a box of Empire militia and a regiment of zombies to create a few.
Do I just mix 'n match the two or does anyone have some pointers perhaps?
 
If you are keen on zombie pirates, consider these-
awww.centerofhobby.ru_files_77_830_Sartosan_Vampire_bol.webp

a1.bp.blogspot.com__ts1HdLGjywM_SDfzQAbLOlI_AAAAAAAABQU_atiwl0aFAL0_s400_Sartosan_Pirate_Capt...webp


Also, consider greenstuffing big hats for your pirates. Yarrrr.
 
Thanks guys, this is most helpful.
I didn't even know about those Sartosan vampires, but I did pick up this lovely pirate maneater to use as filler (figured I make some kind of zombie captain out of him).

a1.bp.blogspot.com__EVJX0PXnIBg_TqnF1IXyIII_AAAAAAAAAaM_eKVJmnbMOsA_s400_Ogre_Pirate_Maneater.webp
 
If you're not concerned about using Citadel miniatures, Privateer Press has a slew of undead pirate models in their Warmachine line:
http://privateerpress.com/files/products/revenant-pirate-crew-unit.png
http://privateerpress.com/files/products/blackbanes-ghost-raiders-unit.png
http://privateerpress.com/files/products/RevenantCannonCrew.png
http://privateerpress.com/files/products/cryx/solos/captain-rengrave.png
 
One problem is that zombie heads have no neck, and nor do empire militia bodies. There was a white dwarf article a while back (read: several years back) about zombie pirates in general, including an army list. Their advice for this problem was to get some very, very small craft beads then shave them down a little. Hope that helps!
 
Created my pirates today.. had some trouble with the hats (I dont use green stuff all that often), but I tried my best.

ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a290_Rorschachinkblot_IMG_8348.webp


Thanks for the pointers!
 
Here are some pictures of my Zombie Pirates; I used a mixture of the zombie/free company hybrids and metal miniatures from other compaanies (PP, Reaper, Moonlight).

https://www.vampirecounts.net/Thread-More-Zombie-Pirates

I think you are doing fairly well in getting the basic shape for your greenstuff hats but I would personally recommend going smaller for a lot of them (might even be able to trim them after the greenstuff has dried).

Some of the empire plastic feathers added to the hats would look good too.
 
Thanks guys, I took off the old hats (which went quite easily) and made smaller ones.

ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a290_Rorschachinkblot_IMG_8414.webp


ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a290_Rorschachinkblot_IMG_8412.webp


That wereshark would make a nice varghulf btw, hmm.. =)
 
Thats alot better, thought for variety I would also add some bandanas and other pirate hat kinda things too, and even some hatless.
 
LOVE the hats! i think they look uber awesome. the only thing i might add would be to chop off some legs and glue on a toothpick for a peg leg. maybe greenstuff some eyepatches too. keep us all posted
 
yeps, they look a lot better.

For peg legs you can chop the end off clubs, and other hand weapons..( ogre ones work great).

Then just glue in place.

Undead parrots would lok cool too... and will also strech your sculpting a bit further.

You can make rags for the zombies too... just flatten out a piece of mixed green stuff..and strech it..till it "tears" then just drape on the model.

-looking great already though

-D.
 
Looking good! For peg legs you can also just shave the mini's leg down to a peg.

I still have around 100 GW zombies that I want to continue making zombie pirates out of. I had bought the kit bashing set that GW put out during their Lustria campaign. As the campaign I am running right now nears the halfway point, I'm looking ahead to the next one and popular vote amongst the group is for the Lustria map. I think I might try re-doing the old Zombie Pirate list from WD to be more in line with the new VC rules and use them as a house rules list. After doing a brief search on the forum, I haven't discovered anyone else having done it yet.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu