• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Well my wood elves need some exercise again, and need to be beaten horrible into the ground a third time, or just eaten if your chosen race is into that, we make horrible slaves thou.

Im thinking something along 2637 points, but ill go for less or more and even numbers which seems the norm here. I have no preference of opponents, ill fight most things. Thou doubling or tripling up on big scary flying though fighty monsters will probably result in a instant win for you.

Ill not be able to give this my full attention before the weekend is over, but thought ill but out a feeler to see if anyone wish to humiliate my wood elves.

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
I will accept both of your challenges.

As previously stated im not much fun before late monday evening, working nights this weekend, so if you guys feel like starting threads, make maps and so on, I will not stop you.

We need to decide how many points we play for, it is not like my suggested point amount is a final unnegotiable amount.

Tell me if we are going for friendly competitive play, or some crazy thematic stuff.

Johnny-Cras I don't really have a preference when it comes to what army you play. So if you can't decide roll a D6. I have only played tomb kings once and lizard men a few times 8th edition. Its only Chaos dwarfs im truly unfamiliar with, haven't read there army book(s). I think I have heard something about forge world having made a armybook for them, and that they have a crazy monster called a destroyer. So if you choose them, I would probably need to know a lot about them rule wise before I can buy an army myself.

Sweeney Todd, I have some knowledge of WoC, thou I haven't fought them in 8th edition so will be interesting to see if marauder hordes really are that big a problem, that it seems the internet have made them into. If you bring them that is.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
A woodelf-off! Wonder whose wood is harder, if you know what I mean :tongue:

I am intending on bringing one big block of Marauders. But they are nothing to fear, I assure you. On the occasions I have fielded them, they have consistently disappointed me. 2500 points good with you?

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Okay guys, a few questions before I sit down and make a armylist or two. Not decided yet if I should make one army for both battles or come with different setup.

Johnny-Crass are we gonna go with my 2637 points or should we go lower or higher.

Both of you on wood elves. And I can play with different rules, if you guys have differing views, or your dices rolled differently. Im not out to make a discussion, just want a few things clarified before beginning. So can play with what ever rules you prefer on the following subjects, if your in doubt we will just roll a dice. So to the questions.

Do we allow BSB to buy equipment, following the rules that we can see in the new 8th edition armybooks released? So forexample it is possible to buy a shield and great weapon for the BSB.

Eternal kindred for characters, gives the character a 5+ armour save and counts as using 2 hand weapons in close combat, if he is in base contact with the enemy, count as armed with a spear in other regards. These rules are lost if armed or armoured with magical weapon or armour. But the question is, does the 5+ armour save counts as a kind of scaly skin, that can be improved by the addition of other equipment, like light armour, shield and riding a horse/eagle. There is no clear defined answer on this question, there is two camps in the debate on this subject, some say yes some say no. And GW aren't that clear in there faq. They just answer yes to the question, does the model count as having the eternal guard fighting style nomatter how the model is armed or armoured. Which is the source of the divide, some meaning that the character would also benefit from additional equipment bought, others again means the rule overrides what ever equipment that you have wasted points on. I believe ETC allows equipment to add to the armour save, but that is probably mostly on the basis to give the wood elf every edge they can have in the combetitive enviroment. Even heard arguments that the character should be given an additional attack with his great weapon, because of eternal guard rule, but that part didn't make sense to me.

But to recap, does eternal guard armour save stack with additional bought armour, yes, no or roll a dice. A yes doesn't necessarily mean Ill bring one, but just wouldn't want to start a discussion half way through a battle report, because I assumed one thing and you guys assumed something else.

Are we rolling for a mission before we start the battle, or we just doing a ordinary pitched battle thing.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Another one for the RQG...

Bishop said:
Anilar said:
... but thought ill but out a feeler to see if anyone wish to humiliate my wood elves.

Johnny-Crass said:
Want to have a woodelf off?xD

Anilar said:
Sure my camouflage pattern is better than yours Johnny-Crass :pumpkin:

Sweeney Todd said:
A woodelf-off! Wonder whose wood is harder, if you know what I mean :tongue:

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Really :happy:
Just being nominated for the RCQ what an honour, arrrgghhhh no where to hide, no camouflage good enough for that.:redface:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu