8th edition Dark Elves

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Swaiper said:
I cant wait! The models look awesome! I love the fact that we get Asf AND Hatred :D, Just to bully those HE some more ^^. Asf vs Asf means both strike at the same time but no rerolls correct? (then we still get rerolls first round with hatred :>)

Pretty sure they restricted "Hatred" to fighting High Elves only according to people who already ready the WD battle report. But still....the re-rolling 1s thing is a pretty good army wide rule.

Melle said:
nah. i wont get it. old onr is waay better

Actually love the new Hydra and will likely replace at least one of mine Hydra models. Not both as I doubt I will field two anymore. Too much other stuff to take now.
 
Is it just me or does the new hydra look like it should be on a coffee mug above the words "I hate Mondays"? Even its handlers look like they're still waking up.

I think the rest of the new line looks pretty good though. Especially that medusa lady.
 
My kinky mind figured out where the meduses came from.

Look at the shrine and the tentacles O_O and the nearly naked witchys! DUDNUNDUNN!
 
Corien Sumatris said:
Hey, side note, in the leaked picture bunch I didn't see any of the Black Guard/Exies yet their boxes are no longer on the site? whats up with that?

Drained the current stock and are repackaging old moulds would be the most likely answer then
 
The dual kit might be a second wave from what I've heard. We also haven't seen the new dark riders/warlocks yet.
 
But why would they make it that they can't be purchased until second wave (whenever that is)? I mean, people will start this army because of the new book coming out and they can't buy the elite units or the chaff?? That just seems like a bad call.
 
Such a large model release it is rumored to be released two consecutive months. GW requires the retailers to purchase a min of each box. This probably done so said retailers can afford their orders. Some retailers are very cash poor. GW send merchandise in the States Cash On Delivery. No checks.
 
When DoC came out in 7th, the mounted daemonette models immediately went out of production (today you call them seekers). GW did not make new ones for years, freaking years. Meanwhile, the old metal lasses were selling for INSANE amounts of money on the Bay of E.
Knowing this, I am not surprised by anything strange that company does.
Where are the TK skellies, Heirotitan, Colossus, chariots, horse riders and special characters that are unaccounted for? How about chaos furies?
 
Hmmm I hated the new Hydra model until I saw the clearer pics, seems it is simply suffering from a very bad paint job. The heads have lots of detail on them but it's kind of lost in green. A color more in tune with the old version would look ace.

Speaking of painting; why did they return to white hair for all the witches?! At least there's no baby blues and pink included but I'm sticking with black hair for my models with streaks of white, full white just doesn't look good for a full army IMO.

What I dislike is the new Medusa fluff, yes I remember the flags (I still own the paper ones GW included in kits) but they were never real beings walking around. I just cannot in my mind see it in DE fluff as it's never ever been mentioned. I hate it when GW messes with fluff and boy do they do it a lot!
Poof! and suddenly these cursed beings are walking the streets of Naggaroth.:slapface: Nice model on the shrine though.

The new Cauldron is awesomesauce! Love it and definitely going to get one. That Khaine statue is just what I imagined it to be.
Please oh Khaine let the Execs look good....I might have to go on E-bay in the near future if they changed their looks too much. I'm just so much in love with how they look now. They just needed to be more sleek in appearance IMO

Funny how the new spearmen/x-bow men got their old style helmets back. Also brings them more in line with the Corsairs.

Good thing I'm a long time DE player and I own plenty of Witch Elves. I do like the new plastics a lot but #@*^-ing how much for 10 models?! Guess I'm going to slowly phase out the old ladies over ten years of time or something.
 
ore attribute as in rumours, S1 AP hits if any
double/triple rolled.
1. As in rumours, power of darkness, 8+, +1S, +d3
power dice, on 3 sorceress gets wound with no
as. I wonder if it's augment with range or it
affects only the unit in which sorceress is.
2. Doombolt, strenght unknown, normal version
with 18" range and 12+, damage unknown,
emperowed with 4k6 hits, range unknown.
3. Chillwind (?), 24", 5+, -1 to hit penlaty if at last
one wound is caused, damage unknown.
4. Word of Pain , 24", 9+, reduces WS (and maybe
something more), emperowed reduces Initiative
and probably causes some damage.
5. Bladewind, 9+, 24", WS test or suffer hit with
AP and strenght unknown.
6. Despair, 10+, affects all units in unknown
range, -1Ld and cannot use BSB Hold your
ground ability.
7. Soul stealer, 11+, small template, damage,
range, accuracy unknown, wounds with no as
allowed, rol for each wound caused, if you roll
something (6? 5+?) sorceress regains a wound
(above the starting number of wounds).
Emperowed has better range.
8. Anzipal's Black horror, magical vortex, 15+,
forces some kind of test characteristic (Strenght i
guess), if fail, model is slain, allows one ward
save.


spells:)
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu