• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Loekhi

Ghoul
Oct 15, 2007
Murcia
just forget magic for a moment (I know the thread is about hellish vigour, but I consider this post could be also related to)

Let´s focus on one pretty aspect of ASF... It´doesn´t work on chariots because don´t really attack, just cause impacts, and HE don´t have cannons (and a HE lord on a dragon with that lance with +3 ST could be very expensive just for a single chariot...)

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Well, there's only one Chariot in the Vampire Counts list- although it caused my last High Elf opponent to freak when he saw it, and helped him lose the game (Even though I didn't get off one charge with it!). I'm sure many High Elf players - like myself - will take a Star Lance character (I put mine on a BSB Noble) to threaten Chariots... of course I have yet to kill a Chariot with any S7 attacks despite 11 attacks from S7 heroes in my last few games!

Tal Rasha

Grave Guard
Jan 24, 2008
If you use Danse to ASF vs an opponent that has ASF, such as elves, then it boils down to Initiative, regardless of the fact they have great weapons or not - they still possess ASF. And guess who has more I? Therefore, the elves will still go first. Using Danse or the Cart to ASF vs High Elves is worthless unless there's a character involved.

LiveUndead

Skeleton
Feb 16, 2008
Dekalb, IL
Harak Iman said:
Sounds great, but are you sure that it works that way?

This is currently the biggest rule debate on Uthluan.net

It is not set in stone that the GW makes the HE strike last in a ASF contest. Some will argue you look at I and thats that.

I agree with you, but you will find many who dont.

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Yes, it's not clear cut by any stretch of the imagination. And I bet it doesn't get FAQed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu