• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
But worst type of friends. You've probably noticed I like that kind of person though. Niklaus and Johann come to mind. Although they're not really on the group's side...

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Well, I wasn't saying I was unique. I mean I can't shake the feeling in half these roleplays everyone's got some treacherous plan.

spineyrequiem

Necromancer
Oct 16, 2011
Can we get any world info? Do all powers come from the same source, or is it whatever the hell we want? And how long have superheroes been around?

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
the World is Earth just slightly more advanced Tech-wise Meta-humans (people with super-powers) have been around since WWII when Hitler created his Übermensch and superpowers don't all come from the same source there's
Science:
Technology:
Mutation:
Natural:
Magic:

spineyrequiem

Necromancer
Oct 16, 2011
Cool beans, that narrows down my character choices a bit, I've got about three I'm deciding between unless I think of more.

Tell me, any of you guys read worm? It's a story about superheroes (and villains) and really rather good (like, I think it's still the number one webfiction). It's very long, but it's definitely worth a read. https://parahumans.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/1-1/

spineyrequiem

Necromancer
Oct 16, 2011
I don't know how much you've thought this through, but how is our little team going to be united? I'm guessing we were originally independent heroes who banded together, rather than being friends before we got our powers, but what is it draws us together? Is there some sort of crisis that requires all of us? Has the government offered us funding to work together? Are we a corporate-sponsored team?

Could we GET corporate sponsorship? 'Cause some of my concepts could be pretty mercenary, and I like the idea of having corporate sponsorship...

More than anything, I'm wondering if we're working within or outside the law. If we're outside it, I'd have to rethink one of my concepts (joined the team in lieu of a jail sentence for reckless endangerment). It'd also raise questions about where we get all our wonderful toys and costumes from. Also, do we have secret identities? I know they're a staple of superhero works, but they do have some problems when you think about them (it's really easy for criminals to find them out, and when they do the police won't know to protect our families 'cause they're not allowed to investigate)

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Jul 26, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I think I'd like to join this? I haven't been in an online RP in quite some time, and I'm sure I'll be a little rusty at it. But superheroes are too awesome to resist. xD

spineyrequiem

Necromancer
Oct 16, 2011
Should just warn you, if you're trying to contact the mods to get a title change, be prepared for a long wait. Neither Sweeney nor Archi have been on this year, and I know from IRL friendship that Harland's very busy right now, and has probably forgotten he moderates this place.

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Jul 26, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Can't you change the title of your own thread? I think you can just click the "thread tools" button next to a thread you've created and change the title straight-up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu