remember ogres are natively only str 4, and sure they have a volume of attacks, but are hitting on 4s and wounding on 4s. That is, unless they are ironguts, in which case he strikes at the same time you do, and its hit on 4s wound on 2s, just like you. His only advantage at that point is stomps, and if you can take the banner of the barrows I think you can get out ahead of the damage from stomps. Plus if you can manage VHDM it will be even better.
EDIT: Points wise, I believe a standard ogre is ~ 38 points, which is a little more than the cost of 3 gg with great weapons. So he pays ~ 2 points for the stomp attack, which is cheap, but when you consider the gg are str 6, I think you win out even more. I just wouldn't let yourself get combo charged by more points than you have in GG. use spirit hosts to block/screen for yourself. Come to think of it, spirit hosts would be really good against most of the core ogre units.