Bigcannon's VC army

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Hmm the swords look pretty sweet. I'd imagine that you'd probably start with a grey midtone, shade right down to almost back using very progressive layers and the highlight up to an almost pure white with pure white edging. That'd be my way anyway.
 
untitled_musketeer said:
Hmm the swords look pretty sweet. I'd imagine that you'd probably start with a grey midtone, shade right down to almost back using very progressive layers and the highlight up to an almost pure white with pure white edging. That'd be my way anyway.

HI ~ Yes that's exactly what i do by using a mid grey tone as base then black wash down both end, and thinned down white to build up the white, lastly just pure white for edge.
:)
 
Hi All,

Has been busy working on my Dark Vengeance set and multiple project at the same time, dint really get the time to organise all my photos. So what i am going to share with you guys today is .. another new project :), before starting it i used photoshop to cut out pieces of parts from various model to maker sure my conversion works.

Here is my first model for my new Dark Elf army lead by the Witch King Malekith.

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_Melakithcopy_zps77b711e3.webp


I already ordered all the parts from ebay store, i believe i will receive it 3 weeks later :).

Happy painting~
Bigcannon
 
Hi All~

While waiting for my Melakith parts to arrive, here is a lot of pic to update what i have been doing.


My High Elf & Skaven army in progress, will continue to work on High elf again after the new book come out.
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_1_2_zps38cc08ce.webp


My dragon Mage
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_2_2_zpsac359d8a.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_3_2_zpsfbf91b29.webp


Dragon Hero
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_4_1_zpseea021fd.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_5_1_zpsc75be1fe.webp


repeater bolt thrower
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_6_1_zps27598ed4.webp


New project again ~ Dark Vengeance
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_7_1_zpsa31992be.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_8_1_zps9a102978.webp


Metalikus
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_9_1_zpscf12bcaf.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_10_1_zpsd1abcb29.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_11_1_zps0648b648.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_12_1_zpsba384c9a.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_13_1_zpscb587d9e.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_14_1_zpsb3b259d4.webp


Metalikus and first dark angel
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_15_1_zps2ff0b4aa.webp


I am still thinking of what type of basing to use for them, considering to use the same with my Dark angel so it look like they are in the same battle field.

Next shall be my Orcs & Goblin army which i always wanted to do some Green skin like warcraft Orcs. I am making a full cavalry army lead by Gorbad Ironclaw.

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_16_1_zps95ad7afc.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_17_1_zpsb0a6f98b.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_18_1_zps25c44f51.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_19_zps280deecd.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_20_zpsb91665e6.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_21_zps6cdd2dd3.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_22_zps2f0f43de.webp


Enough Orcs for now, have another 5 more to work on it. Next will be my Dark Angel army~

Color testing for tactical troops
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_23_zps58949ab0.webp


Decided to go with Beige shoulder and green trim
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_24_zps1b7d6626.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_25_zps886b489e.webp


Chapter master with 2 head option using the chaplain body
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_26_zps315538cd.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_27_zps5bc62dda.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_28_zps86e6cad2.webp

Trying to use a NMM sword
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_29_zps7bda8a9a.webp


But i wanted it to look more powerful so it end up like this
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_30_zps464d098e.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_31_zpsb87104a9.webp

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_32_zps86a18eb5.webp


Deathwing terminator
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_33_zps59fa6df2.webp


Ravenwing test model
ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_34_zps07bfabeb.webp


Final mode, want it to look different from others so i decided to go with a "Plasma wheels" to express Dark angel favorite weapon.
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae104/niquehao
/35_zpsab8f3bac.jpg

Thats all for today, look forward to get my Melakith :)

Happy painting ~
Bigcannon
 
Wow. I am shocked at the insanely detailed paint schemes you pull off. And not just for your heroes, but your entire armies! Vampires and HEs look fantastic as do your 40k armies. I've never seen Dark Eldar look so good and the rest are great!

Question: How much time do you spend on your average models? And what about you heroes?
 
Mad said:
I must say that I really like your Orcs. Their armour looks great, the worn look of it is just perfect. But what impresses me the most is the small wounds you made on them, very effect full. May I ask hoe you made them? I'd like to add wounds to my own Orcs aswell?

Hi Mad At ~

Great that you like the extra detail added to em, hope this tutorial helps

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_36_zpsf9665906.webp
 
Finally got my bitz for Melakith, here is the model before base coated

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_37_zpsc63fc55e.webp


I am wondering if he is a bit short or his leg scale does not fit with the body. Here is another photo for comparison with Phoenix Lord, actually i am thinking of putting them both into a Duel Diorama on snow base so it can be use for my HE army and DE. Let me know your opinion about the leg~ Thanks~

ai962.photobucket.com_albums_ae104_niquehao_38_zps9ef14c73.webp
 
He is looking very good! I say green then go all in and do it from the eye hanging from the belt and on the hilt of the sword.. Blue would blend in to much with the rest (ok I really don't know if it will, depends on how you've planned out the parts that aren't finished really)

Can't wait to see him done!
 
I say Ice blue, have a inner witchfire glowing effect from the magic, green seems to fit undead so much better and I have a image in my head of various evil models and characters down the age with blue glowing eyes like the Lich King and Green for Nagash and the ilk.
Besides I think blue would set off against the cold theme very well.

The model looks great so far, It would look great with a cape though to really set off the regal image and give him more of a presence.
 
Looks great!!!! Green will give you the most contrast and what I would think would look best. I suppose it depends on how much attention you want going to his eyes. Might also want to consider the paint scheme of the phoenix lord, to make sure it contrasts him as well.

Looking forward to seeing what you do!

-M
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu