• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Phew, im glad that my comment went down well :)

And I also like that CRD, But a few changes need to be made to it. It should be: 'One Pinnacle Knight may be upgraded to a...' etc.
Also, I am confused by the line:
'May choose one of the following equipment upgrades (costs are per model):'

Why is it May choose one? Should be more like:
'May choose the following equipment upgrades (costs are per model):'

If thats done, then they seem good.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
Marcus Von Drac said:
And I also like that CRD, But a few changes need to be made to it. It should be: 'One Pinnacle Knight may be upgraded to a...' etc.
Also, I am confused by the line:
'May choose one of the following equipment upgrades (costs are per model):'

Why is it May choose one? Should be more like:
'May choose the following equipment upgrades (costs are per model):'

If thats done, then they seem good.

Changes made xD

Aug 3, 2009
For the champion name, how about Black Marshal, or to tie in with the Pinnacle Guard, Gate Marshal?

The macabre knights of Nagashizzar are bound by the same fell sorceries that animate the Pinnacle Guard and are armed with the finest weapons crafted in the dire forges of the Great Necromancer's mighty fortress. Like an unholy tide they storm across the battlefield, a silent host of rotten cavalry, terrifying to behold. They fear neither death nor pain, seeking only to bring them to those who would oppose their lord. Few mortals can look upon the Pinnacle Knights without despairing, and fewer still can resist their ferocious assault.

How's that?

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
I suggest 24. They have +1WS over VC Black Knights but don't get lances and shields for free, so it kinda evens out.

BTW, does Scythed Armor still grant the barding bonus to the Knights' armor save?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Yes, scythed barding grants the additional armour save as per normal barding. 24pts sounds about right to me as well.

Hmm, just realised the option to take shields is missing. That should be edited it. Shields +2pts per model?

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
My idea was for them not to have shields to prevent them from becoming too tough. As most thier weapons require 2 hands anyway, i was moving away from the shield and lance/spear combo which most of cavalry seem to have.

I think basic they should be slightly cheaper then blacknights as they also lose ethereal movement.

How much should a spear cost 1 or 2 points?

Otherwise look fine.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
I thought they had ethereal movement as they both share Skeletal Steeds? If they don't have ethereal movement, it makes a huge difference and they would be worth a lot less.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Nope, they do not have the ethereal steed rule. So personally I think they should have the option for shields so they can be a heavy unit (if someone wants to pay through the nose for them).

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
I think 22 should be fine.

Personly I think they can be a heavy unit withount a 1+ save, as most cavalry don't have 1+ saves, Empire Knights and chaos knights (high elf dragon princes?) are the only ones i can think of. Empire knights are only T3 and chaos warriors are a very heavily armored army anyway. Brets also only have 2+ saves on thier cavalry and thier a mainly cavalry army.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ok, I seem to have been outvoted xd We'll stick with the no shield option, but if we are going to do that perhaps we could do something with the fact that they have two arms free.

I know we said no special rules, but I think in this instance one like this would work well:

Name
Fluff
The Pinnacle Knights may choose to use their weapons as if they were on foot.

Basically this means if they pay for GW, they get the full +2S per turn, we can give them the option for additional HW.

I think it would make a cool unit, offset that they don't have the ethereal movement like BK, and also make some great modelling opportunities.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
I like the sound of the additional hand weapon, but i think +2S on the GW would mean theres no point in the flail really.

Remeber that Gw and flails would require 2 hands anyway, so i'm not sure about the +2S on the Gw.

Gw: S5 on every round of combat but strikes last (2 hands) (long combats Vs higher T)
Flail: S6 for first round of combat (2 hands) (You expect to break them on first turn)
Additional hand wep: +1 attack but only S4 (2 hands) (Better Vs lower T enemies)

I think you've go a weapon for every occasion there.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
You have to stay around the Black Knight point cost... they are still knights with the Undead rule, killing blow, and WS/S/T of 4.

Knights Errant cost 20 points and have 3s for WS/S/T, and KotR are 24 with WS 4, S/T3... I know it's an older book... but still.

"Ethereal" is a nice bonus... but it's hardly worth such a drastic point reduction. And, as already pointed out, MOST knights in the game can't have 1+ save... so that's not a valid point to start with.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
Knights Errant also have a 2+ save basic (not 4+) get a champion upgrade for free and have lances as basic :).

I think they are a a bit too expensive atm. But if you made them 19 points basic they'd but too cheap if they weren't upgraded.
22+4(full plate) +3(barding)+ 3(Gw/flail) =32 points each - I think that might be a bit too expensive. There 3 points more then black knights (with barding) and gain a Ws and Lose Ethereal movement

Maby we should add there full plate or barding on as standard.

Hmmm. 20 points as basic?

Deathly skill?
The Pinnacle Knights are the Deathly outriders of Nagash's host. Their steeds are little more than an extension of their will, and move with but a thought. This leaves the knights free to wield their weapons with both hands, swinging great flails or carving throught the enemy with wicked blades in each hand.

The Pinnacle Knights may choose to use their weapons as if they were on foot. So they gain all Benefits from Great Weapons, Flails etc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu