I used to be of the traditional school of thought that wight kings make superior bsb's- but while writing army lists, I have been having some thoughts on the matter.
Here is why I think the vampire is a better bsb-
Yes, he is more expensive, however, he is a wizard (its handy to have another wizard in a list, so you get a vampire bsb instead of a necromancer and a wight king bsb)
He is hittier than the wight king, especially once vamp powered up (once you give him the bsb, red fury, a ward save+armour and level 2, he is essentially carrying out the role of a wraiths hittyness, a wight kings bsb/toughness and a necromancers wizardry)
Thoughts?
Here is why I think the vampire is a better bsb-
Yes, he is more expensive, however, he is a wizard (its handy to have another wizard in a list, so you get a vampire bsb instead of a necromancer and a wight king bsb)
He is hittier than the wight king, especially once vamp powered up (once you give him the bsb, red fury, a ward save+armour and level 2, he is essentially carrying out the role of a wraiths hittyness, a wight kings bsb/toughness and a necromancers wizardry)
Thoughts?