Carpe Noctem Mantic Purchases Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
3,407
Zombies
2,980
Hiya,

I thought it may be a good idea (feel free to shoot me down, DoN) to make a thread where members of the forum could post when they purchase something from Mantic. As we have a friendly relationship with the company, it would be nice for them to see that the forum is supporting them, and for other companies to see that being more friendly with online communities is ultimately profitable for both parties.

So if you ever buy something from Mantic, even if it's not Undead, post it here so that they can see that we support them. If DoN sends them an e-mail showing them this thread I imagine they'll get a nice warm fuzzy feeling to see that their figures are so well-received.

Happy gaming!

~ Darvy
 
Well, I haven't bought anything for a few weeks, but soon will, because my local hobby store has ditched GW. They say it has become stupidly difficult to deal with them. So we were chatting, and I mentioned how pleased I was with my Mantic stuff. After a bit of research, they have decided to stock Mantic instead. Although I'm sorry to lose the GW option, it's good to see Mantic expanding.More zombies! More zombies!
 
I've had a number of zombies, and a couple of the 90mm sculpts (a 90mm zombie and the skeletal rat-thing) :)

Not bought anything for a while, but the newest releases are looking good, can't wait to see what comes out next :tongue:
 
I'm personally planning to buy lots, and lots of zombies. I need to buy some GW ones as well to throw into the mix (as I play at a GW) but the old "my friend who knows nothing about warhammer bought them for me and he always likes to see them and would be very disappointed if I didn't use them *pleasepleaseplease*" trick can hide the rest. :thumbsup:
 
Ahh, yeah, I got about 40 (I'm pretty sure it's 40, anyhow) and I still have to gather the courage to tackle them head on with a paintbrush. That being said, I need to gather the courage to tackle anything with a paintbrush; it's been about 6 months :slapface:
 
Well, I've pledged $225 to Mantic's Kickstarter. With the $175 level of Undead minis, I'll have a total of 140 Mantic skellies, 30 revenants, 310 zombies (which includes about 30 Mantic ghouls that I use as zombies), 30 revenant knights, and 15 wraiths. I'll also be getting a total of 9 werewolves and 25 mummies. Not to mention the new female vampire they will be sculpting. I still plan on getting two more zombie hordes (120 zombies). I've also bought 60 orc ax warriors for my son. On the sci-fi side, I have the Pandora board game and a Veer-myn mega army. I'm leaning toward a Forge Fathers army later this year.

If you haven't checked out Mantic's Kings of War Kickstarter page, click the banner in my signature. You can get quite a bit of good stuff without sinking a lot of cash. The werewolves, ogres, orc chariot, trolls, and mummies are all buy one unit, get a unit free. The kits are only $25 a piece. Six werewolves (crypt ghouls) for $25? Hell, yeah.
 
The orc ax & greatax units look superb when assembled as a mixed unit. Between us, we've got 40 revenants, 20 revenant cavalry, 120 skeletons, 80 zombies/ghouls, 30 orcs, 60 dwarf x-bows, 60 dwarf warriors, 9 artillery pieces, 90+ seaguard, 5 bolt throwers, 20 palace guard and 1 crazy bag I haven't opened yet. next up is lots more cavalry for me, orcs for my boy. Then corporation rangers to use as Imperial stormtroopers for the IG winter army.
 
I'm a new vampire counts player! :D
I just pledged 225 dollars to mantic's kickstarter project to get an undead army to play my games with. It's kind of awesome, I'll get: 1 vampire, 1 necromancer, 40 skeletons, 20 renevants, 20 ghouls, 60 zombies, 10 knights, 9 werewolves (could be converted into vargheists and varghulfs?), 9 trolls (convert to undead trolls for crypt chouls), 25 palace guard (kitbash with renevants for great weapon grave guards), 5 wraiths and a catapult. Plus a lot of other stuff that I'll have to find a way to convert into the army.

I also have 20 skeletons, 20 renevants and 6 ghouls from when I bought their crazy bag a while ago. It should make a decent start for the undead legion of edrain the avenger :D
 
I bought a 120 zombies - I'll have to get a ton more, too. Never enough, never enough... and now that they're announcing that demons/angels/nature expansion, I'm not sure I'll have enough money to feed myself.
 
I keep upping my pledge with all of the new stuff they add. Had to get the new Immortal Guards and hoping they hit the stretch goal for the Angelic Paladins. Definitely looking forward to the three new armies.
 
A year ago at Blood in the Son I won a big box of zombies from them.

I'm also backing them in their kick starter for the soldier level and even threw in an extra $25 to get some Werewolves when they release.
 
I have bought about 90 zombies 20 ghouls 40 skeletons and the lord on nightmare. I love the rank and file stuff I got but was very disapointed with the lord on nightmare. The scale was awful and I hate to say it but the mini as a whole is just bad... very bad! I will however continue to buy the RAF stuff though as the mini's are way more affordable and the sculpts are great!
 
I'm sure Mantic will be very happy with the support it's getting from CN! At least it'll justify the sponsorship for the Golden Bat. :clown:
 
I think the sponsorship is already justified considering the hundreds of threads they've made in Whispers Outside the Crypt! Anyone else and I think it'd be considered spam!
 
So far I have 70 ghous, that I use as zombies mixed with my 30 gw zombies, and 60 revenants.
I love the ghouls, much better than gws, the revenants are not so great compared to grave guard but the price difference makes up for that.
I'm planning on buying the gravestalker horde and some revenant cavalry when I get some cash. Whenever they get the werewolves released I'll pick up them for crypt horrors or maybe vargheists.
 
I purchased 2 army sets with zombies,ghouls,skeletons and revenants in last year along with a set of revenant cavalry. This year I pledged $235 to kickstarter and chose abyssal dwarfs so they can double as Chaos Dwarfs in WHFB. I have also bought a few extra boxes of zombies and ghouls I think im now at around 210 and still run out of models when playing. I also got the battlefoam bag through kickstarter aswell.
 
Just noticed this thread or I would have posted here sooner. I have purchased two Mhorgoth's Revenge sets in the last 8 months. I love the mantic line of undead!. The skeletons and zombies are awesome and would never consider buying GW's. Bought the sets because they are such a great value. Though I was mostly getting it for the undead miniatures, I also have a small dwarf force, at least it was small before I bought these sets, so now I have about 2k pts of dwarves in addition to the VC stuff I have.
 
Just bought 40 Skeletons, 50 Zombies and Ghouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuls. I absolutely love the Mantic miniatures as our standards.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu