• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II Chapter 1 - Old Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavok

Wight King
Looking at the man appear to completely break down, Kavok starts to feel like he should probably have not said some of the things he had. Looking over at the rest of the people in the room, then back to the man on the floor. "Well... I may be too much of an outsider to truly give you advice. I am not one of the undead like yourself, so some of the situations may be different then they would be for a normal human. I think I'll try to leave this for the kind sir right here to try and help you. He will probably have more of an ability to relate to your situation then I have."

Thinking he probably caused quite a number of problems, Kavok decided it was probably best not to approach the beast alone. With how things went with the other vampire, that will likely not end well for anyone. Seeing a rather well dressed lady wandering the room seemingly alone, Kavok decides to walk over and converse with her. Giving her a bow, he says "Greetings. My name is Kavok. You seem to have thus far been ignored for this meeting, which must mean I have been blind to have missed someone as beautiful as yourself."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
"And yet without the Black Pyramid the greatest of the Liches can not for Nagash is forever gone from this world...also if the 'Better Method' is the Black Pyramid which takes over a thousand years to rebuild it's master...well then I think I prefer the inferior methods. After all..." Nekhlior shifted his gaze to the crown hanging from the strigoi's neck "A part of the Great Necromancer remains...so why in the past decade has he not reclaimed his existance." Nekhlior then tilted his head "And I have yet to see a vampire brought back from death to be so addled although perhaps the thinnest of blood...the fifth and later generations have this problem...but then they are barely vampires at all."

The fact was Liches were some of the greatest kinds of undead, but for one who had schooled mortals, vampires and Liches in the way of death and was rarely matched in the realm of undeath it was difficult to see their superiority.

Nekhlior laughed softly "Thrice I have died and each time I returned with all the skills and memories that I had before meeting the unfortunate end."

"Besides...many vampires dislike the Liche...it is possible that such creatures would be excluded from this gathering of immortals." he looked at Mort again thinking not for the first time that the Necromancer might find it hard to be treated as an equal by the creatures of the night.

"Wait..." the Necrarch said frowning at Morturion then shifting his gaze to the other vampires "This 'two-backed beast' means love? What sort of self-respecting vampire loves." he said with disgust "We are killers, walking corpses. With souls as heavy and cold as our own we should not require this love...indeed we should reject it with all of our being."

Nekhlior smirked faintly "Those who have such weakness deserve the death it inevitably brings."

Nekhlior tapped his staff lightly on the floor as he considered Morturion's last words "Perhaps dear pupil...perhaps." he said

Esmerelda chuckled, "who said it had anything to do with love, for me it's an indulgence and tool in negotiations which has served me well in my centuries of unlife". She smiled "I refuse to give my heart to another, I paid that price long ago and I am unwilling to do so again". She smiled "my only love is my people, my duties are only for them". Her right hand began to glow an eerie green, 9 orbs of energy emerged and began to orbit the largest. The queen spoke once more "but who says you can't mix business with pleasure? In your case Necrarch, your business IS your pleasure, am I not correct?".

Suspecting that everyone may see her current trick as threat, she laughed once more "just a trick I discerned from the Lore of the Heavens, a Strigany secret passed from Seeress to Seeress. Allows me to see the stars where normally they would be obscured handy for a quick insight that they reveal". The amulet on her neck began to glow, "this little amulet allows me to gather further insight as well picking on what I may miss".

Once more she turned to Nekhlior "the last person who tried to seduce me was rewarded with his flayed skin adorning my throne...his life was already empty so I did him a favour". Chuckling, Esmerelda carried on "besides, I seem to recall that one of W'Soran's blood has had the pleasure of my company, let's just that is one path I'll never care to tread again".

Nimrais looked puzzled and slightly disturbed at the vampire who fell to his knees and broke down crying. She caught a few glimpses of the conversation, and concluded he must have had a hard life. "But then again, didn't we all at one point?", she thought to herself.

She was surprised when the knight introduced himself to her. Nimrais bended through he knees. "Greeting sir Kavok, I am Nimrais". She smiled slightly at his flattery. "Oh, you're not blind, but thank you all the same," Nimrais replied sweetly to him. "I wasn't here all the evening. It seems I missed something?" With her last question she looked at the broken down Alastor and to the cracks in the floor where Graveclaw and Alexander had been fighting. The whole room was quite a mess, if not from the fight, then from the disturbances among the members of the council and the uneasy air that hang around.

Kavok

Wight King
"Oh, umm... Well..." Looking at some of Graveclaw and Alexander. "The one sitting in the corner fell from the rafters and then got into a fight with some of the other people in the room, though calmed down and went to sit in the corner when I was threatened. And the guy on the floor besides the piano is... well I think he is just having a really rough da-... life. Not really sure if I am actually able to understand his problem considering some of the rather larger differences in our... lives..."

Kavok looks back at Nimrais. "Though anyways, it is a pleasure to meet you lady Nimrais. Would you happen to cause vampires to gather like this? All I've been told is that necromancy is failing, and that there is a great evil causing it."

"That is about as much as I know aswell. I found this invitation letter and became interested on what this meeting would have to add to this. I felt it noticably in the past decade, but I never did think much of it. That it appears to be effecting us all," Nimrais paused slight and gave an investigating look at Kavok, "well, us vampires atleast, disturbs me slightly. Though I must add, I also feel a bit relieved that it isn't just my failing. I've never done much to practise the arts of necromancy, but the magic is innate to me, like all vampires."

After giving the knight another puzzling look, she just had to know. "What exactly do you wish to find here, sir Kavok?". Nimrais thought Kavok was a guard of one of the vampires at first, but if he was, he wasn't a good one since he showed no signs of actively guarding anyone in particular. It must be that he was here on his own, maybe on behalf of some lord.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Kenshiro breathed in as he walked towards Alastor. To those with magesight, it looked as though the Winds of Magic contracted in rhythm with Kenshiro's chest muscles, swirling and twisting away as though they were an extension of his body. A void in the aether was created around Alastor, preventing him from using his budding powers and more importantly, removing the possibility of another self-induced magical accident.

Apparently he doesn't see that he wants it badly, yet he pushes away those who can give it to him. A cruel irony. But at least he's moving closer to the truth he hasn't realized yet

Kenshiro patted Alastor's shoulder. His voice was sombre but not unkindly as he spoke.

"Your mask? Whatever lies under it, there is no way it makes you look worse than him." He said, gesturing to Nekhlior. "I too was hunted before, as a human. I became a vampire...it wasn't what I wanted then, but I had little choice. Then I got my revenge, and here I am today."

"None of us here are hunting you. Here you are not alone."

Kavok

Wight King
Kavok starts to ponder to himself what it is he wishes to get out of continuing to interact with the vampires. 'Well, if this is not the will of the lady for me to be here, then I'm screwed as things are so I may as well see what this great evil is to see if maybe helping to defeat it would improve my relations with her... at least a little. It sounds like an enemy worthy of gaining renown and honor from defeating. Though if it is the will of the lady, I guess I'm perfectly fine to consort with the undead here to help them rid the world of this evil, and again prove myself by fighting the evil... I am so doomed... Why would the lady lead me to a group of vampires to help them and not just take me directly to the monster itself to defeat it? They are too nice... other than the crazy guy... not sure what his problem is. But this is seriously going to cause me problems. Hmm... Maybe the lady doesn't know about how civil some of the vampires are. Not all of them appear to want to exterminate all life.'

Kavok lets out a small sigh. "As of right now, the thing I'm hoping to get out of the meeting is whose will it was that brought me here, or if it was just chance. That and maybe a chance to help fight what ever great evil it is you all are trying to fight. I don't think I have many other reasons then that. I am finding it curious that you vampires aren't as bad as the stories would have people believe, so my curiosity might be a small reason as well. But I doubt I have as much at stake regarding this problem as the rest of you do. If I'm not mistaken it is necromantic power that animates all the dead into the various likenesses of life. Though I am starting to think vampires may actually have enough humanity left to complete the shortcomings of being brought back by necromancy. I may be incorrect from having not really meet many vampires and had the opportunity to chat with them, but the way I see things, vampires have a will of their own and have the ability to retain at least some of the emotions that gave life, in any of its forms, meaning." Kavok glances over at Alastor for a moment before looking back at Nimrais slightly sheepishly. "Though it appears to not give you all any more mastery over your feelings then it does us mortals. Just another aspect of 'life' I guess..."

'Hmm... I wonder if any of them -do- know what this great evil is. If not how do they know it is a great evil? Oh I hope this isn't some form of work of one of the forces of good. That would really put me in an awkward situation. Would I have been sent by the lady to be her contribution to the matter? Expecting me to put the final nail into the coffin? Wouldn't that be ironic... Though if that is the case then I'm failing completely.'

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
"There was once a Lahmian much older and wiser than you who thought the same thing," Morturion replied to Esmeralda in a scolding growl
, "but she still fell to love in the end, and that love was used against her and Milosh Cromwell so many times. You would be wise not to become a two-backed beast, or you could end up like most beasts...dead, and sooner than you'd wish."

Responding to Nekhlior, he laughed and said, "No matter how much vampires dislike other undead, they have no choice but to side with them. They cannot afford to have more enemies than they already do, what with the Carsteins' war with the Empire, the waning of necromancy and the possible and looming threat of Chaos. I do not attempt to gain their admirance, what I attempt to gain is for revenge, the good of undeath and my own benefit. The pyramid took so long to rebuild the Great Necromancer because he was vast in power, and the larger the power that falls, the longer it takes to rebuild it...or so it is in most cases." Dark suggestions alighted in his eyes.

"As to Nagash, I know that the Great Necromancer would not reclaim his existence until the time was right. The council is strong; if he still can return, he will wait until it is weak and he has recovered. But it is not unlikely that he won't be able to return; Vekarin Banespike's sword was no common blade; it is probable that it is holding Nagash's soul back, somehow. And nobody knows exactly who Vekarin took up arms with after his fight with Nagash; all that is known is that he disappeared...from this world. Where could he be? No doubt somebody wants to know the secrets of Nagash; what would they do to get at them?" Morturion looked curious, but very agitated, too. "I wonder. And vampires often don't come back from death at all. Blood dragons have been known to charge desperately at their enemies and end up dead much sooner than if they'd had prudence." Morturion glanced at Kraskor again; perhaps that promise the vampire had made would end badly, and hopefully the blood dragon's death would happen somewhere secluded and out of sight.

Bounce

Varghulf
"With all due respect Nehklior i disagree. I think love is important to vampires perhaps more so than for humans for without it i think we would all go mad and indeed i fear some of us here already are. I do not think it is a weakness but a strength. Think of vlad and isabella."

She paused seeing Alastor complaining again and decided she had enough of it. She strode over and slapped him. Not hard but enough to get his attention.
"Stop wallowing in self pity. No one is excluding you. Society does accept you all these issues are just in your head. You are trying too hard to fit in and whining over imagined insults. Nobody cares about your problems. We all have our own. We are all alone here and the only way to break this is to stretch out the hand of friendship. You can't just wait around for people to be nice to you. You have to do all the hard work." She said fiercely speaking as much to herself as to him.

Nimrais acted visibly surprised. "By chance? Did you just stumble in here? If you did, I count you very lucky and brave. Perhaps even foolishly so. As a dear friend of me once said, the only tales being told about this place of people who've been here, is of those fleeing from it. Though, I guess he must have exaggerated. He does tha a lot."

Nimrais sighed shortly. "How much exactly do you know about us? We vampires were previously humans like yourself. Many of us didn't even have a choice in becoming what we are today, although most don't mind in the end. Some however still seem to be torn by it." She followed Kavok's glance at Alastor. "I do have to confess though, I have killed people, and it wasn't always necessary out of defence or something like that. I assume you are aware of our... nutritional habits? We are deemed evil by nature, because in order to survive we have to prey on mankind."

Kavok

Wight King
"Umm... well... I generally don't care to blame people for things that are not entirely their fault. Though to be honest I was raised to believe that vampires were complete monsters who went around slaughtering people and defiling corpses. From what I've seen tonight I am having to question some of that. Like, I'm still alive and it appears as though there are still living people willingly serve the vampires that live here. Also, as far as I understand things, vampires generally have a choice on who they... feed... from." 'Oh I don't like where this conversation is going... why must curiosity get the best of me?' "It could be used as a form of punishment instead of just going to the headsmen... I guess..." 'Ok, I... I'm done... I'm going way too far into this... Its starting to creep me out now... Though that would be a kinda fair way of feeding vampires. Not like the corpse or its bodily fluids are going to be used for anyth-... No, no... Mind stop... Don't go there... I'm in enough trouble as it is, I don't need those sorts of thoughts.'

Watching Elanor walk over and smack Alastor, Kavok just about facepalmed. "Well... I guess that is one way to try and get information into someone who is throwing a tantrum... Little rough against the mentally unsound." Kavok thinks for a moment, then looks at Nimrais. "He is mentally unsound by vampiric standards right?"

Bounce

Varghulf
"And what would you do sir knight?" Elanor asked quietly. "Talk quietly to him, wrap him in a blanket and sing to him. Put him in a room with bright wall paper and teddy bears. He is not mentally challenged he is merely self obsessed and enjoys being miserable, we do not have time to indulge him. We are at war."

"Hmm, yes. It's easier for humans to understand us then, then to see us as complex beings with emotion. I myself have lived in the Empire for nearly a century and no one has had any objections against me. Vampires living among society is more common than you think." Nimrais could hear Kavok's heartbeat rise and a slight stutter in his speech. "Oh, no need to fear me, sir," she laughed, "it's true who we feed from, but not really what. And while you do raise a valid point, not all us vampires are head of state and have prisoners at our disposal."

As Elanor gave Alastor a slight slap Nimrais flinched a little, before answering Kavok's question. "Oh, I don't know that man. I can hardly tell how he is." She stopped a little as she thought about herself and what she ahs heard thus far from Alastor. "Though immortality brings about a certain weariness to the mind which not everyone can resist. And an eternity in loneliness isn't something to embrace," she said slightly sad.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Morturion stepped over to Alastor. His tone was harsh, his voice angry and disappointed. "As Kraskor seems to be doing nothing to help or control you, I will have to step in. Without society, without a ruling force, there is chaos. Do you want chaos? Because you've come to the wrong place for it. Keep going north, and you'll find the dark gods. Maybe they'll take you in, maybe they'll kill you. They're unpredictable and stupid like that. Perhaps you might even meet a Banespike while you're there. But if you side with the dark gods, you'll probably end up as a head on a spike somewhere. And then how will you get revenge on society?"

Morturion smiled bitterly, and put his hand on Alastor's shoulder. "Take some advice from me, young one. If you want your revenge, if you want to stay alive, join the forces of the council. The Carsteins here are fighting the empire; if you want, you can help them bring down the system they oppose, whilst gaining respect from many of those here. Lend your forces as a sword for hire, or enter the service of a battle-hungry undead lord. Most of all, remember that in this harsh world, there is always war, and if it is revenge you want, go and kill something."

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
The odd one approached him again.

"Your mask? Whatever lies under it, there is no way it makes you look worse than him." He said, gesturing to Nekhlior. "I too was hunted before, as a human. I became a vampire...it wasn't what I wanted then, but I had little choice. Then I got my revenge, and here I am today."

"None of us here are hunting you. Here you are not alone."

Alastor picked himself up off the ground slowly, and straightened up. A stray tear slowly descended down his mask.

"The merits of my physical appearance may be.. open to debate, but it lead to my solidarity and ultimately my rejection of everything." he muttered, brushing his hair to one side.

"It's not what it is, but what it.. stands for. I fully understand we all leave difficult lives here. But I'd certainly say that most of us here at least got a childhood. Not me..

And I know I'm not being hunted by you, but we're a hunted species, at least humans have safety in their numbers. We're a persucted kind, there's no denying that, and while we may be stronger than ever, we can't survive for ever. Everything has an end..

Everything..."

Suddenly he felt a sharp sting on his face. Someone had slapped him. He span around sharply and leant in close to the woman.

"And what." he hissed, "Makes you think that you have the authority to declare me sane, and just a whining person. How do you POSSIBLY think you know me well enough?"

The damned necromancer then joined in the cackling horde of sane people..

Alastor's rage subtly changed. It converted into something more rational, and altogether much more sinister.

"You think there's a way for me to take revenge. I couldn't possibly justify killing for petty revenge. Revenge killing is a thing for people with lack of self respect and control. I guess I'd just have to kill every single person wouldn't I? But that's not going to happen. So my retaliation is simple, Monsieur, I survive. I spit back in the face of life, my mere existence is testament to its pathetic round about nature, and I shall do the best I can to expose it."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Nekhlior merely nodded at Morturion's words
"It is strange that Kraskor's sire would just leave...I have often wondered what has become of the man." he murmured "Perhaps a vengeful Nagashi managed to kill him...though imagining one who struck down The Great Necromancer being easily defeated is not easy."

"Love is a mortal vice." Nelhlior told Esmerelda simply "As I said, our souls are different and I do not believe are capable of true love although we may convince ourselves otherwise." he finished before watching her turn away and walk over to strike Alastor.

Nekhlior joined the group near Alastor, glad that the conversation had changed topic, the one that had begun with Morturion had grown stale.

The Necrarch listened to Alastor speaking chuckling softly.
"Appearance matters not in the ranks of undead, even for one as pretty as I." he rasped leaning heavily on his staff.

"This talk of revenge killing is foolish. Killing is killing, don't try and differentiate them because I can assure you that the victim cares little for the reason behind the act once they are dead." he continued with a grin.

Nekhlior tilted his head "I do not understand this speaking of life as if it is a sentient entity. Life does not feel anything. You set up these self-imagined barriers to your existence...whether it's society or life." the ancient vampire give a slightly sad smile.

"'Society' should not be a concern of the vampire. We are beasts of the night, Lords of the dead." Nekhlior said, not trying to argue but sounding genuinely confused.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Following the conversation that happened a few feet away with half an ear, Nimrais sighed audibly. "Excuse me, Kavok," she said as she stepped between the bickering vampires.

She first turned to Alastor. "You, you seem to accept yourself the least, which blinds your vision. You don't allow society to take you in, because you can't let yourself. I heard what you said earlier, loneliness is not something we all can live with, believe me if I say that I know the hardships. I've lived in the empire, and I've seen man scarred by war, legless, armless, scars over their body, but they aren't hanged for their appearance. You seem like a handsome man, if only you saw this yourself."

She then turned to the rotten Nekhlior. "And you see everything too... dead!" she muttered. She had no idea how old Nekhlior was and that such a long lifetime would inevitebly require an entire different view on the world and everything in it in order to stay somewhat sane. "I don't see my emotions so different from when I was alive. I've known love in life and in death, however false it may have proved to be, but love isn't something you can know, it's something you can feel. However wrong you could be in the actuality, you could still consider yourself, thus be, in love. And about appearance, this man is talking about being rejected from the human society, if I got him right. Humans care much about appearance, and truth be told, so do I for my personal self. My appearance allowed me to live and hide among them for years. You could say that we shouldn't mingle with them, and that we are beasts of the night, but I don't like my bestial side. I like being among mortals. They're so more... alive." she sighed a bit as she couldn't think of a better word to describe them and probably looked foolish. "And about spirits, my knowledge is hardly expertise here, but I was under the impression that souls of men slain in unjust and the likes are more likely to longer the earth. Wouldn't that contradict what you said?

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Nekhlior smiled coldly at the Lahmian.

"In time you will see the truth of our race I am sure...you will eventually be able to release such mortal weakness. Let me assure you that in four and a half thousand years I have seen those profess love who have been amongst the living dead...and it never ended well." the Necrarch laughed coldly "Just look at the last council, love first lead Lesa into betrayal because she cared to much for her precious husband...love then led to the death of V'azrin one of the most ancient of our race by the Lahmian's hands and eventually the misery of a broken heart" the Necrarch spat the words "led to her demise."

"I do not see why you would wish to be accepted amongst humanity for your very nature will repulse the majority of them except perhaps the disturbed, the power-hungry or the outcast."

"And as for the comment on whether or not the dead care, I merely meant in the moment of death when the mortal realizes their fate that they would not care, they would merely know they have been killed." he said dismissing this last comment. "There are of course many spirits of varying degree of consciousness that haunt the world due to a variety of reasons, most often because they died after living a life of suffering and misery. Indeed this very land is famous for it."

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Alastor turned to Nekhlior, and his eyes glinted triumphantly.

"I'm glad you agree, killing is pointless in my situation. Mere existence is much more effective. Life? Life works together against us, although the minds are separate things, they act together in unison against us, like some diseased, grotesque dog..

Indeed, Nimrais, men have been scarred by war, but people were there to comfort them, they had sympathy, they had memories to remember and imagine their old better life. As self pitying as I may seem, I never had that, I've never known happiness or acceptance, my OWN MOTHER didn't even want me.. killed herself because of me too, and I never met my father, he ran away with another woman before I got to know him. How do you think the children I was meant to be playing with reacted with me? They deserted me, left me to the dogs. Like that!"

Alastor clapped suddenly to prove his point, a couple of people jumped in surprise a little.

"I was denied any sort of love or care. I joined a travelling circus, because of my musical abilities. But no, my face made me much more popular to the jeering crowds. I then gave up with trying to fit in with something that no longer wanted me, merely because I was different. And now, now I am this, as great or small blessing as it is, I shall never know that feeling of acceptance, and as such I no longer seek it. As I said, it's what I stand for that makes it so difficult for me."

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Nimrais was stunted for a few seconds. "Four and a half thousand years!? How can anyone survive that long?" she thought to herself.

"I.. I see your point," she muttered," but those believe may differ from person to person. While feelings of affection cloud the mind and can be exploited, it also gives you something else in return. And for some, that may even be worth every price." She kept wondering about his age. She doubt she wanted to live as long as that, but perhaps that was relevant once you got there. She used to be afraid of turning into an old grandma at the age of 50 once, how stupid was that in hindsight? "Some would say that such a feeling would give their existence a meaning or make it worth all that time. And maybe I'm young and foolish, maybe I'm objectively plain wrong, but right now I feel such a thing can be possible. The younger of our kind might still harbour these emotions. While they might not exist to you, they do for others."

"And as for willingly surrounding myself with mortals, they don't have to know my true nature. They each live with their own secrets anyway, they unwillingly allow me mine. I prefer it over the seclusion. They're just so much more fascinating and exciting in their short lives."

As she had barely finished talking with Nekhlior Alastor began to speak again. Nimrais looked at him with a look of sorrow in her eyes. "I see you had a hard childhood, but what I'm trying to say," she said in a calm and soothing voice when she stepped closer to the man a bit, "is that nothing is stopping you now but your own grief. And as for the circus, those are simple folk, not entertained by the complex beauty and emotion hidden in music but by the quick laughs at the expense of others. It was simply the wrong place for you to shine."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
"One has to be hundreds of years old before W'soran even starts siring his children...also it helps to avoid the pointy end of a sword."

The Necrarch considered the girls words before nodding "Perhaps there is no definite truth, perhaps it changes dependant on the subject...and then one day when you arise from your coffin you will find that you can no longer feel." frowning he continued murmuring "I can't even remember if I was capable of ever feeling such things."

With a slight shake of his head Nekhlior chuckled "I understand your point childe and if that is where you find your enjoyment then that is fair...I merely meant that why waste time with those who, if they knew your true nature, would attempt to destroy you out of fear?"

The vampire shifted his gaze to Morturion with a thoughtful expression "The only mortals I associated with over the years where the citizens of Lahmia, the Nagashi and various Necromancers."

Turning to Alastor he put a hand on the younger vampire's shoulder.
"I do not understand why these past events from your time amongst the living make you so miserable but then I can't remember many emotions from my mortal existence." Nekhlior then shrugged slightly "Manage to survive the centuries Alastor and you'll find these problems may no longer concern you...although unlife is not without it's own hardships."

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
"Alastor, I did not mean that the killings in themselves were revenge, but what they brought about would be." Morturion sighed, would the mad whelp ever understand? "The deaths of those you slew would bring about grief and suffering in those who loved them; they would bring one more civilised being into the dust. By this method, you could slowly exterminate civilisation, and as one gets more and more powerful over the centuries, one can warp society gradually to their will, to a certain extent. Take, for example, the master vampires. Over time, they have conquered lands, imposed their rules upon society, and changed it to how they want it to be. Because, with patience and power, most mortals can be swayed on any view, and so you can achieve what you want to achieve."

Morturion had frowned after hearing Alastor's response. "Surviving is no retaliation at all, society will just get further amusement from you if you simply survive. You are only entertaining the mortals by surviving; fighting back is the way to retaliate. Survive, grow stronger, and take your revenge upon the world. Learn that the human folk of the Empire and other lands are merely tools to the undead; every piece has its use, no matter how small and insignificant it may be. Society is just a system where the humans trick themselves into believing that they are not being manipulated. It's very useful; without it, they would rebel against all law and chaos would ensue."

Turning back to Nekhlior, he said, "Nekhlior, the souls of the slain do care once I've killed them. I make them care, when I put them in the prison. Perhaps Vekarin Darkblade was killed by vengeful Nagashi. But who? There were not many left after Nagash's destruction. On the other hand, nobody's seen the poor soul in a long time." Morturion smiled slyly and mysteriously; perhaps the necrarch would take the hint. He thought of what the necrarch had said earlier. Close enough, Nekhlior, he thought, Vekarin hasn't been killed yet, I think, but he's going to be. Revenge is a beautiful thing indeed.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
"Perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned I was referring to the mortals thoughts at the moment of death not after? Or was that just an excuse for you to mention your prison again?" Nekhlior rasped drily "But putting aside that very tired subject." he added feeling annoyed at how often single topics where debated often amongst this new council.

"Don't get any ideas Morturion." he warned "If you ever come across Vehki-Rhan stay out of his way for I doubt you would survive such a confrontation. Put any thoughts of revenge behind you, Nagash is gone from this world, there is no point in avenging a master who will never return."

Nekhlior looked at the Necromancer feeling concern, he cared very little for the life of the son of Abhorash and would prefer the world not lose another talented scholar of Necromancy.

Bounce

Varghulf
"There will always be a division in opinion between the cynics and the idealists. But if beliving in love allows me to continue this cursed death than i shall do so. For what other reason can there be for existence. Power? Power is an empty and hollow thing once you realise that the people you have power over do not love but fear you." Ellanor said agreeing with Nimrais.

"Alastor you refuse love and acceptance. When we met on the road i accepted you whole heartedly and you merely vanished into the darkness because it scared you too much."

Status
Not open for further replies.