• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
A sad smile flickered across Alastor's face. "Indeed they may have been simple folk, but as you've probably seen the damage is done. The grief is.. not based on reality, its just there. All the time, scratching at my mind.."

There was a long pause as Alastor stared off into the distance, his fingers twitching occasionally. Suddenly he shook his head and re-focussed on the conversation.

"I wish I knew the answer too, Necrach, but I fear I was given too much time to spend on my own, left with only my imagination. There's always constant noise in my head now it never, never.. stops.." Alastor closed his eyes in frustration.

"Oh, I wasn't scared of the night, believe me. We were just being followed, and I didn't want to get killed. Blind confidence isn't a good thing to keep you alive, trust me. I believe our pursuer has only spoken to me so far, haven't you Igor?" he raised his voice, slightly patronisingly.

"No. Killing wouldn't be enough. That'd just let them continue playing their game, following their rules like they're meant to. I need something more, disruptive. A change to the system, so to speak. There's nothing in mind yet, but I'm working on it."

Alastor's smile gave away a little too much on the type of thing he was planning.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
"I doubt that I shall simply step aside if I meet Vekarin Darkblade," Morturion growled. "I have more reasons than revenge for Nagash to see that Banespike suffers. And I believe that he will be giving me many more. But I will not delibarately seek him for his own sake. Though I suspect our paths will cross...but that will be, in all likelihood, a long time in the future."

"Alastor, I warn you once more against joining Chaos. It is wrong and mutated, and will bring you down in the end. You suffer from grief: you will probably not survive for long as anything but chaos spawn amongst the ranks of the armies of the dark gods."

Morturion turned back to Nekhlior, and saw that the vampire was somewhat bored. Leaning closer, he whipsered, "All around, one can see faces old and new...what do you think of the guests? And the Carstein hosts, do you think they'll be able to maintain their level of influence on the council after the meeting?"

He hoped the necrarch would elaborate on the information around the council's members. Despite Morturion's attitude, he knew little about the members of the council - after all, the last time he'd met them, if he'd met them at all, was in battle ten years ago. Much had changed in that time, and many were dead. Aside from Nekhlior, Morturion could not recall almost anyone by their face from before he'd come to Drakenhof.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
"I do not even know if they intend to exert influence on the council, the Regent at least made it clear that he wanted as little to do with it as possible." the Necrarch shrugged "He seemed more preoccupied with his war against the Empire. That aside however the one called Simon was a founding member of the original council so that could lend his word more weight than what you may expect."

Nekhlior frowned "I was only part of the council during the closing act as it where but from what Reshorn told me...it appears that for all their claims of equality in the last council, some members where more equal than others and their words meant more."

Nekhlior looked around the room.
"One can only make guesses of course but...this council seems to be formed of weaker vampires than the first." he murmured softly to Morturion.

The Necrarch shrugged again and looking bored he moved away from the crowd and unclipped the Book of Nagash from his waist, running a hand slowly over it's cover, after a few moments he opened it at a predetermined page and began reading.

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Igor now had to stop merely listening and step in, with talks of turning to chaos for alastor. "Alastor chaos is not a good thing for vampires, it has a terrible warping effect on much more than your body, more than your soul, more than simply you, but everything involving you and around you. You are more deeply warped than others for you have more power then them. Do not turn to them for anything." Igor backed into his hiding place once again.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Nekhlior looked up from his tome to glare at Igor's retreating form
"Does no one understand the vampiric condition?" he snapped with annoyance "Chaos is incapable of warping or corrupting a vampire! Our souls have no Aethyric connection, it's why we must drink blood!" he hissed "The so called 'Gods' of Chaos can not touch us, if a vampire 'serves' the chaos gods then they are just wandering around with a bunch of chaos worshippers but they will not be awarded any 'Divine' mutations nor will they ever hear the voices of the Gods."

Nekhlior sighed and looked back down to his book.
"It is why we are despised so much by the forces of Chaos." he muttered

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Igor glared back at the old one. He had not gotten the meaning of what he said. He had meant through the mind of the follower, not the physical hearing of voices, or the "divine mutations." It is through the actual vampire that the change is wrought.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
"Ah, 'tis the pride of vampires that always brings them down in the end," Morturion exclaimed. "Vampires cannot be touched by chaos? It may have been this way when vampires were first created. Yet now, things are changing. I am not sure how much they can be...affected...by the chaos powers these days."

Morturion had originally thought the same thing as Nekhlior, but after seeing Vekarin Darkblade fight against the Great Necromancer in Nagashizzar, he wondered... If his suspicions were correct, it could mean that Nekhlior was wrong - very, very wrong. However, Morturion decided not to share his secrets in open court.

Instead, he said, "Necromancy is waning worldwide. We never thought that was possible before. But it is happening. If that can happen, vampires can be affected by chaos. When someone decides to follow chaos, they sell their soul to the dark gods. If the dark gods have their soul, they can change it...manually. I am willing to wager that the dark gods are searching for, and have found several, ways of corrupting vampires in their cause. But, whatever Chaos may or may not do to the body of a vampire, it definitely warps their mind, and usually beyond repair."

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
"You narrow minded fools!" Alastor shouted, interrupting the whole conversation about chaos.

"Why would anyone with an iota of intelligence seek to follow chaos? All you do is follow the whims of another being which ultimately doesn't care about your well-being. You can call me many things, but a chaos-worshipper is something I'll never be.

Besides, their plans are all so boring and similiar. Destroy the world, enslave the world, kill everyone.. how can any sort of satisfaction be gained from that? Chaos is so determined to accomplish its goals it doesn't realise how meaningless they are."

Calming down a little, Alastor added "Don't worry, my goals are more ambitious than the simpletons of chaos could conceive. To render society useless, more than killing has to be done.."

Aug 30, 2012
Scotland
As Kenshiro turned to leave, the Black Albatross remained on Peter's shoulder. Its voice seemed to speak directly into his mind. The Blood Dragon recognised the tone, it was a friend he had never thought he would hear from again.

"Sweeney?" he asked the bird "My Lord Todd, how is it I hear your voice?"

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Well, that's settled then, Morturion thought as he heard Alastor's response. At least the council didn't have a chaos worshipper on its hands at the current moment.

But, Morturion doubted, there could be others in this room who are not all they seem to be, and I must remain vigilant. He tensed for a minute, and started to slowly examine everyone and everything in this room, looking for signs of betrayal and danger in eyes, attitudes, clothes, weapons, and the like. However, the atmosphere was calm in the room, so the features of the vampires were opaque and unrevealing, and the social conduct so despised by Alastor was intact, stopping Morturion from seeing much intention behind the vampires appearances.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
Still somewhat amazed by the Necrarchs age, she began to wonder a little. Four and a half thousand years is quite a long time. She has heard stories, read the odd book, but now there was someone standing in front of her who was actually alive back then.

"What was it like back then? How was the world nearly four thousand years ago?" she couldn't help but wonder. She knew vampires could become ancient beings, but never really thought about it that much. How much danger must this man have faced? "I mean, we've all heard stories," she continued, "but it'd be interesting to hear it from someone who has actually been there in person."

When Alastor smiled a little she understood part of his pain. "Well, one could say that it wouldn't be entirely fair to be angry at society when most of it is in your head, but then again... what would it matter? A wrong doesn't necissarily have to be commited to have an impact, only perceived. The mind is a powerful thing."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
"The world was...smaller. There were no other human kingdoms prevalent. For most of us Nehekhara was the edge of the world, aside from the city states of our kingdom there was little else we found interesting although we had our explorers." Nekhlior said looking up from the Dread Tome appearing distracted.

"We felt that we where the height of civilisation and that no other humans would ever eclipse us." he said with faint amusement "Likely true if not for so called 'Heretics' like myself."

He sighed softly "But Lahmia was beautiful...imagine it...Ruled by Nefereta and her handmaidens with her consort Vashanesh and his regal sons...the aristocracy entertained by the refined Ushoran, a military led by Abhorash's warriors and W'soran with my brothers making up the priesthood researching in the magical arts. Not to mention the tireless administrative duties carried out by the families of the High Judge and Vizer, there where other Trueborn too with lesser duties but their blood is gone from this world never to return." the Necrarch said smiling again, this time however it was a wistful expression "Our kingdom flourished for immortal and mortal alike, if it had not been for the pathetic jealousy and childish fears of humanity it could perhaps be standing still."

Nekhlior expression suddenly turned cold "It matters not, all that remains of our ancestral homeland is ruins and memories."

The Necrarch remained silent for several moments before his gaze moved across the room to rest on the Strigoi for a few seconds before he looked away again.
"So much has changed." he murmured.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Graveclaw had remained silent since going into the corner where he had been glaring murder at the assembled vampires but the Necrarchs words brought a snarl to his face “but it issssssss assssshesssss now, nothing but dusssssst, and Graveclaw ssssssay good riddance, sssssssame for sssssssstraigos and hopefully Ssssssslyvainia keep with sssssstreak, dead have no right to rule the living, genocide all they deserve, and all Graveclaw have to give them!”.

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Alastor suddenly looked up. "That brings me on to something actually." he said raising a finger.

"I'm sure you're all very farmiliar with all the bloodlines of vampires, so I have a request. Which do I belong to? I enver knew my sire.".

He chuckled deeply.

"Heck, Kraskor and I both tried to kill him"

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
"Nehklior you make it sound like the lands were empty but back then was the time of the elves, the dwarves and even the lizards. Humans are but a recent addition to civilization as i learnt in unlthuan. It is a shame that so many of these cultures are now disappearing."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Nekhlior looked at Alastor, observed his aura, but said nothing. He was not surprised the young boy knew so little of himself.
He seemed to know so little of everything.

Turning the Necrarch tilted his head staring silently at Esmerelda for a few minutes before speaking
"We cared little for beyond our borders. I did not mention the other races because when I lived I knew almost nothing of them nor did I care for them."

The Necrarch shrugged
"I still do not care. The time of the Elves is done and nothing can avert this, the Dwarves are much diminished also, both these civilizations will be nothing but dust in time. As for the reptilian barbarians...they are of no consequence." he said dismissively.

Nekhlior snapped the Tome of Nagash shut.
"Excuse me." he muttered to no one in particular before vanishing in a swirl of shadow.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Markus had tired of observing all of the conversations, and sighed audibly. 'How far behind them could Rowhaine have been?' he asked himself silently. 'And this is the man who calls us to Council!' The derisory snort was audible, and he shook his head. It was with interest he listened to Alastor specifically; the issues the young vampire carried around with him clearly discoloured his view of the world as a whole. 'Such as shame, for one so young to be so old, yet so lost ...'

It was with another sigh he pushed off from the pillar he was leaning against, and as he walked over the old necrarch made his comment about the elves, the dwarves and the lizards. He coughed politely, attempting to draw attention. With that, shadows swirled and the vampire disappeared. He frowned underneath his mask.

"I would expect the ancient Nekhlior to know better than to dismiss the Elder races. The Elves and Dwarves influenced the development of culture and civilisation in the Old World - without them, none of us would here would be as we are now, and even now, in their years of decline, they are powers not to be dismissed!. The children of the Old Ones should not be deemed as of little or no consequence, either, from what I have both read and heard from those who have themselves visited the New World." He spoke with force and passion, which he himself had had little expectation of doing, rather he had meant only to educate those who had little real idea of the influence and power the Elder races still had.

"As for you, young one," he began, turning to Alastor, "I think I can say, with relative certainty, that you are not of my bloodline. There is no feeling of kinship here; less even than what I feel for the Regent's guard, or your lord Kraskor. Of course, there is an exception to every rule ... I would not be able to tell you which bloodline you are of without some of your blood, and that I would not do even if you offered; it would not be my place."

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
The forces of magic surged through the Albatross from a great distance, relaying Todd's reply

"Since when was I your Lord?" Laughter rang through his head in accompaniment of the words.

"Surely you remember the Albatross. It was my messenger 10 years ago during the war against Nagash. However, it usually only takes and receives a single message. To hold an actual conversation is possible thanks to her handiwork, but not for long." No doubt it was obvious who Sweeney meant by 'her'.

"Good to see you are well. I thought I should have you know that I won't be joining this gathering. Kenshiro's an old friend of mine, we trained under the same masters for years. He'll be joining instead." The measured manner of Sweeney Todd's message seemed to indicate that he knew Peter was no longer quite the same man since losing the light of his unlife on that fateful night a decade ago. But then again, neither was Todd.

Kenshiro took in a subtle breath before answering Alastor

"Your spoor has similarities to a Strigoi I know, an old friend of mine, so I am fairly certain you are of the same bloodline as he. Though I'm also certain he is not your sire."

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
As boredom grew in the room, Morturion wondered why he'd bothered. Such a long way to come to this stupid castle; he'd then had his life threatened several times. And now, Rowhaine would not turn up.

The necromancer then took in what that aggressive Shah said. "The elder races have not done much for us," Morturion called out with disdain. "They've held back chaos, but they've held us undead back as well. Empires of undeath would now be stretching across the Old World, if not for them. Most of the races on this earth are a blight upon it, a shame upon our pride."

The mystery of Alastor's bloodline was far more intruiging. So he's not Banespike? Morturion thought. There may still be hope for Alastor yet, in the grand scheme of things. He is very powerful, and if he doesn't take after Kraskor, he could become a useful helper.

Morturion mused over the idea, before declaring, "Kraskor should test your blood, Alastor. You could be of any bloodline; at this early stage of your unlife, it's extremely hard to tell which you are. Each bloodline has its own vulnerabilities. Watch out, and ask young Banespike to test your blood. Otherwise, you could end up in serious trouble experiencing things which you don't understand, and a misunderstanding about yourself could be fatal."

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
"Oh, necromancer ... Your vision is limited. The Elder races preserved the worlds so that we could inherit it! They stopped the Daemons of the Dark Gods from conquering the world, and allowed humanity to prosper when they could have slaughtered humans like cattle! Without them, humanity would have ceased to exist and we would not be here speaking, debating this point.
"And regardless, who would rule these Empires of Undeath, these Empire which the Elder races have conquered before they were fully fledged? No-one I would bend the knee to, willingly. The Elder races have weeded out the weak, stopping them from laying false claim to lands they couldn't conquer, much less retain had they succeeded. Little do they know it, but the Elder races have strengthened us more than they know!"

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
"Some of us would be here." Morturion retorted, "Nekhlior would exist; Chaos never conquered Nehekhara. Without the fools of the elder races, no-one would turn to chaos and open the portals tha allow the Daemons into this world!" Morturion raised his voice in anger. "It is really quite obvious who would rule the empires of undeath. The master vampires, and those most powerful among the bloodlines. Powerful necromancers and liches would doubtless have had their domains too, but the largest empire would, in all likelihood, would belong to the Great Necromancer, who was an enemy of the Elder races, yet actually warded off Chaos more than they ever did!"

Morturion nearly shouted, then calmed a bit; though a black, but controlled, rage still showed on it. "And now he's dead, and Chaos rises. See? These all-powerful "Elder races", whatever they may have been before, are now next to nothing in use for us: many would say they were more of a hindrance than a help. And what would you know of bending the knee?" Morturion chided in mocking tones. "You are too proud. To whom do blood dragons ever bend the knee, but to other blood dragons?"

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
“If not for the Elder races resisting the forces of Chaos and eventually driving them from the Old World, there is no saying how long it would have been before the Daemons went far enough South to conquer Nehekhara. It is impossible to say.” The vampire ground his teeth audibly, clicking his Claws rhythmically, and then took a breath.

“And that is my point! Self-appointed, arrogant lordlings who hide behind the bureaucrats that really run kingdoms and empires. Necromancers ... Liches ... The ‘Great’ Necromancer. You would all rule over a world made up of the dead. The undead need cattle, followers! This is why the Lahmians run their intrigues, trying to manipulate happenings to aid their own war.
“Remember, mortal, that when Chaos is forced from this world, if ever it is, so will all the powers of magic. And your master did little in warding off the powers of Chaos whilst he was less than nothing. I have no love for the dwarves or the elves, but there is no denying that we did need them to preserve the world until we were ready to inherit it ... The true lords of Undeath.”
he said pointedly, shaking his head, before looking straight at the man before him, his eyes now cold and unyielding.

“You are right, of course, I do not bend the knee. Not to others of my Blood, or that of another. None may claim right of rule over me, bar the first of my Blood!”

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Graveclaw rose from his corner and stomped over to where the vampires stood clustered around Alastor, looming over the much smaller man the Strigoi inhaled deeply taking in Alastor’s scent. “Boy isssss…….Sssstrigoi!” Graveclaw snorted in amusment a savage grin split his face “Boy thinkssss everyone hate him now wait till he looksssssss like Graveclaw” the Strigoi laughed.

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Alastor shrank internally. He had hoped to be.. well anything but Strigoi really. He looked up sadly at the hulking beast, someday he would probably be like this thing.

"Well.. I guess that's that then.. Any advice, graveclaw?"

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Markus saw the slight difference in Alastor after Graveclaw had made his pronouncement, and he sighed. The old Strigoi had no sense of what was proper or how to easily break such news, it would seem. He warily watched Graveclaw; the Strigoi was clearly dangerous - that much was obvious - and the Baron didn't trust him at all.

"Youngling, your Blood does not define you. It does not make you; you make it what you want. Clearly, there may be affects you cannot control ... But there is much you can."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu